Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

I couldn't believe he scored as many points as he did when I looked up at the scoreboard late in the second half. He seemed to disappear for stretches.
    He hit (5) treys and 9 FTs. I think all his deep shots came from the exact same spot, too.

Odd a guy his size didn't score a single FG in the paint.

He's still a nice player although not quite the guy he was two years ago. This is probably, overall, their least-talented team in a long time. Joe played their speed up in Morrow and the game was close. Saturday night he played IUP's speed and, well, ... 96-60. Ethan was a boy in the first meeting. He played like a man Saturday night. Add to it that first 20 minutes IUP played ... not sure anybody in the country would have managed that blitz. IUP was shooting about 80% going in to the final minutes of the half. Add that crowd in and Ian Grady couldn't get to that locker room fast enough. They literally got abused for all 24 minutes of that warm-up period. The lower rows of the student section were relentless on those guys. Then the game started and they got swarmed immediately. They were just psyched out.

How about Till even got booed in pregame introductions. That has to be a KCAC first.

I'd have to guess their mental position right now is pretty fragile. Playing UPJ next won't help much. They don't play with that old SRU chip on their shoulder any more. KR's teams would fight (sometimes literally).

I still say they have enough talent to 'possibly' make a little run. By 'little run' I mean possibly upset somebody in Round 1 of the conference tournament. But, they have to get their heads back on right.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He hit (5) treys and 9 FTs. I think all his deep shots came from the exact same spot, too.

He's still a nice player although not quite the guy he was two years ago. This is probably, overall, their least-talented team in a long time. Joe played their speed up in Morrow and the game was close. Saturday night he played IUP's speed and, well, ... 96-60. Ethan was a boy in the first meeting. He played like a man Saturday night. Add to it that first 20 minutes IUP played ... not sure anybody in the country would have managed that blitz. IUP was shooting about 80% going in to the final minutes of the half. Add that crowd in and Ian Grady couldn't get to that locker room fast enough. They literally got abused for all 24 minutes of that warm-up period. The lower rows of the student section were relentless on those guys. Then the game started and they got swarmed immediately. They were just psyched out.

How about Till even got booed in pregame introductions. That has to be a KCAC first.

I'd have to guess their mental position right now is pretty fragile. Playing UPJ next won't help much. They don't play with that old SRU chip on their shoulder any more. KR's teams would fight (sometimes literally).

I still say they have enough talent to 'possibly' make a little run. By 'little run' I mean possibly upset somebody in Round 1 of the conference tournament. But, they have to get their heads back on right.
      #FreeKevinReynolds

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

#FreeKevinReynolds
        Can you imagine if KR would have been on that sideline with IUP hammering them ...

Comment

Can you imagine if KR would have been on that sideline with IUP hammering them ...
          A stool would've been throw across the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

I couldn't believe he scored as many points as he did when I looked up at the scoreboard late in the second half. He seemed to disappear for stretches.

Comment

There were ooos and ahhh s when Till tried to put that nice spin move on him, Ethan just stepped back and swatted the ball away. I went to the game with a guy who was at his first IUP game, coming from watching UCLA and the Lakers from the nosebleed seats. he thought the prices for tickets and Beer were really cheap, really liked the cozy arena, and he's now a Malik Miller fan.

Comment

• Just about the entire IUP team went out of their way to personally thank the big crowd this past Saturday night. The football team put it on their Twitter page, etc.

That stuff is contagious. Saturday night could be pretty wild for the Gannon visit. Word gets around campus fast and could really snowball the rest of the season.

That was one of those rare atmospheres. I'd bet this weekend breaks the alleged (but not actual) record set last weekend.

I agree with IUP24 (and the boxscore) that the game we no longer speak of was actually a larger crowd. Barely.

Just a guess but GU's Johnson will be Target No. 1. He'll jaw back which will only get things going more. UPJ plays at 3pm. Maybe we could plant Josh Wise in Row 1?

Comment

• This is going to be a tough trip tonight -- men's and women's.

I re-watched the last Cal/IUP men's game. While it's certainly odd to have a full 35-point swing over the course of a game, it should have never got to that point.

In that opening blitz Cal dropped, they just couldn't miss a shot -- and IUP's defense was letting them launch from all over. Cal's defense was doing nothing special in that 22-4 run to open the game. IUP just couldn't make a shot to save its life.

Cal again got off to one of those heaters this past Saturday at UPJ. The Mountain Cats came out in man-to-man and Cal just torched them from outside. When UPJ went to a zone the whole game changed. Cal came back in the end but UPJ's lead was just too big.

I honestly think IUP took them a little lightly last time -- and shouldn't have. I'd suspect Joe runs the defense differently tonight to limit their looks from outside, and we'll also see a lot of the press. I'd suspect a much more focused team to start the game.

Pegram and Morris both were limited in that last game. Pegram was in foul trouble all night and Morris left for a long time with a cut above his eye. Those two didn't get along real well. That match-up in itself should be a good show tonight.

Joe just needs to use those timeouts tonight to break up any runs. He didn't do it in the first game. I fully expect this to be a game with 2 minutes to play.

If the ladies want to host the Regional ... this is a real big piece of the puzzle.

Comment

• IUP Men's Basketball Twitter put up some photos of practice yesterday. Ousmane Diop is a big dude.

Already thinking about next year's starting front line of Diop (6'10"), Ethan (6'9") and Demo (6'8").

Comment

IUP Men's Basketball Twitter put up some photos of practice yesterday. Ousmane Diop is a big dude.

Already thinking about next year's starting front line of Diop (6'10"), Ethan (6'9") and Demo (6'8").
                      I bet Porterfield redshirts. No need to burn up a year of eligibility with the other two getting time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I bet Porterfield redshirts. No need to burn up a year of eligibility with the other two getting time.
                        I didn't think of that ... certainly possible. Lol.

Comment

• Cal has 4 treys off of missed treys that bounce out 30' off the rim

Comment

• Pegram up for an Oscar on these flops. Lordy.

Comment

Cal has 4 treys off of missed treys that bounce out 30' off the rim

Comment

• Joe should be up big. But, he's only up four.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X