Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylon Harris was my favorite. They are down 30 ... he makes a trey and starts glaring in to the crowd. Get lost.

Anthony Coleman was nowhere to be found. He didn't travel.

For old times sake Staunch should have launched Dante in to Row 11. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Daylon Harris was my favorite. They are down 30 ... he makes a trey and starts glaring in to the crowd. Get lost.

Anthony Coleman was nowhere to be found. He didn't travel.

For old times sake Staunch should have launched Dante in to Row 11. LOL.
      Staunch launched himself into the bench towards Dante in the first half. Does that count?

Comment

When he inevitably grad transfers after a few more games ... I'd take him as a deep rotation guy next year. Just sayin'

How about that big fella ... Trey Staunch going for 28 tonight.
        Last edited by Golden89; 02-19-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• No doubt. I'd love to have him on the IUP bench.

Remember a couple years ago when he was their 4th option he was a terror underneath.

You put him on a good team in a 15 mpg role ... look out.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Cathedral Prep entitlement

Comment

• I think he's a guy who has an on field/court persona. He's really well liked by staff on campus. He's a GA in the SID office - it wouldn't surprise me if he wrote up game notes on the bus ride home.

Comment

• Easy to shoot 55% when 90% of your shots are banked lay ups. Get him 15-18 feet away from the hoop and I'd bet 25% from out there. Tonight he shot well from out there unlike the norm! I've watched the guy play for years and that's the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Cathedral Prep entitlement
                      True statement!!! He wasn't even a star for Prep. Goes to Boro and Riesenweber right away deems him the next D2 Curry. Get out of here!

Comment

It's official Regional Ranking Day -- first release.

Let's take a look at Joe's body of work.

Record: 16-2 PSAC | 21-2 overall | D2 record 20-2

Best wins: @ Le Moyne, East Stroudsburg, Mercyhurst, Gannon (twice), California (twice), @ UPJ,

Losses: @ Shippensburg, @ Mercyhurst

Hard to say how the Top 10 will fall (they will list 10 teams today). However, I suspect Le Moyne, East Stroudsburg, Mercyhurst, California and UPJ will be in the the Top 10. If that's the case, it would give Joe a 6-2 initial record against ranked teams (once ranked always ranked for this category). They'd get a nice boost if Gannon can squirm their way in during the next two releases. Le Moyne counts as they are in a neighboring (touching) state region.

IUP will take an S.O.S. hit starting tonight. The next three games are Edinboro, @Seton Hill and @Clarion. UPJ visits in the regular season finale next Saturday night.

ESU isn't worthy of a Top 10 Regional Ranking. They're very good, but not THAT good...However, I can't see a 10 loss team (Bowie State) as one of the best 10 in the Region either...Le Moyne is in a different region...
                        Last edited by WarriorVoice; 02-20-2020, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

ESU isn't worthy of a Top 10 Regional Ranking. They're very good, but not THAT good...However, I can't see a 10 loss team (Bowie State) as one of the best 10 in the Region either...Le Moyne is in a different region...
                          Correct. Le Moyne is in a different region. However, as their region boarders the PSAC -- and since Le Moyne is regionally ranked -- IUP's win against them counts in the metric for 'record against regionally ranked teams'.

ESU didn't make the first ranking but it can't be far out.

What likely held them back is their record against other ranked teams. By my count ESU is 1-4 in such games.

UPJ lost last night as did Bowie State. I'd have to think Cal, ESU and Mercyhurst are climbing.

Comment

Correct. Le Moyne is in a different region. However, as their region boarders the PSAC -- and since Le Moyne is regionally ranked -- IUP's win against them counts in the metric for 'record against regionally ranked teams'.

ESU didn't make the first ranking but it can't be far out.

What likely held them back is their record against other ranked teams. By my count ESU is 1-4 in such games.

UPJ lost last night as did Bowie State. I'd have to think Cal, ESU and Mercyhurst are climbing.
                            I wish the rankings went further than the Top 10. Then we'd know where everyone else is too...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Easy to shoot 55% when 90% of your shots are banked lay ups. Get him 15-18 feet away from the hoop and I'd bet 25% from out there. Tonight he shot well from out there unlike the norm! I've watched the guy play for years and that's the truth.
                              Then why is he third in the league in FG percentage? Aren't there plenty of players whose majority of the shots are close the hoop? If it's that easy, wouldn't there be more players shooting in the mid 50's & higher?

By the way, he makes 88.3% of his uncontested shots 15 feet from the hoop, so I like his chances to shoot over 25% on 15-footers in the flow of the game.

Comment

• Malik is doubtful today. Illness.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X