Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Once again the KCAC crowd terrorized UPJ. They are the easiest team to take out of their game I've ever seen.
    I thought the crowd was really pretty tame, except they booed Josh Wise even during the intro's

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I thought the crowd was really pretty tame, except they booed Josh Wise even during the intro's
      Mulbah was a mess. The football crowd got to him pretty good. Mission accomplished.

Wise was oddly well-behaved.

Comment

• Big night for IUP -- and Indiana -- tomorrow.

It's my belief that two wins tomorrow night will bring both Regionals to Indiana -- regardless of what happens this weekend.

I get these aren't the economic impact games of a Big East Tournament, but nonetheless two regionals will bring a lot of outsiders to town -- hotels, restaurants, bars, etc.

Two losses tomorrow -- certainly possible -- could bump both regionals out of Jimmy Stewartville.

If IUP loses tomorrow and West Liberty wins the MEC, the regional will likely be in WV.

Tom has a bit more of a cushion, region-wise, as he has just two losses. The rest of the field has 4 losses or more. Add to it the CIAA powers failed to win the CIAA.

Tom can also host the PSAC Final Four this weekend with a win.

Lots on the line for Round 2.

Comment

Big night for IUP -- and Indiana -- tomorrow.

It's my belief that two wins tomorrow night will bring both Regionals to Indiana -- regardless of what happens this weekend.

I get these aren't the economic impact games of a Big East Tournament, but nonetheless two regionals will bring a lot of outsiders to town -- hotels, restaurants, bars, etc.

Two losses tomorrow -- certainly possible -- could bump both regionals out of Jimmy Stewartville.

If IUP loses tomorrow and West Liberty wins the MEC, the regional will likely be in WV.

Tom has a bit more of a cushion, region-wise, as he has just two losses. The rest of the field has 4 losses or more. Add to it the CIAA powers failed to win the CIAA.

Tom can also host the PSAC Final Four this weekend with a win.

Lots on the line for Round 2.
          It would be absolutely HUGE for Indiana/IUP to host the regions as well as the conference tourney for the lasses. It would be quite a jolt for the community to say the very least.

Now if both the IUP men and gals do host the region----how does this work? Do they both use the KCAC or would one team be relegated to the Memorial Field House? It would be interesting to see how it would go.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

It would be absolutely HUGE for Indiana/IUP to host the regions as well as the conference tourney for the lasses. It would be quite a jolt for the community to say the very least.

Now if both the IUP men and gals do host the region----how does this work? Do they both use the KCAC or would one team be relegated to the Memorial Field House? It would be interesting to see how it would go.

-
            IF it happens they actually split it up.

Meaning the second seeds would host two games the first day.

So ... imagine there would be two men's games and two women's games here on Day 1 instead of the normal 4 men's games and 4 women's games.

The other two games would be at West Liberty and, say, Virginia Union.

The crappy part is IUP could actually host both on the same day. Not many schools could, facility-wise ... thus the rule.

Comment

IF it happens they actually split it up.

Meaning the second seeds would host two games the first day.

So ... imagine there would be two men's games and two women's games here on Day 1 instead of the normal 4 men's games and 4 women's games.

The other two games would be at West Liberty and, say, Virginia Union.

The crappy part is IUP could actually host both on the same day. Not many schools could, facility-wise ... thus the rule.
              That's interesting. So it would be a watered down regional with less teams coming to town. I do recall one of the women's regions being split up like that the one year. I never made any sense of why it was like that. Must have been like what you say.

IUP could absolutely host two full regions with the MFH and the other place. It would work out well. Plus there seems to be plenty of hotel rooms in town.

I of course will be following events down in Greensboro come next week.

-

Comment

• We're obviously getting ahead of ourselves, but I thought I saw somewhere that the dates for the regional would actually be significantly shifted if that were in fact to happen. Meaning that they would actually play the men's and women's games on Friday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday and then play the championships on Tuesday. I'm off that Friday regardless, so it's not an issue for me, but I can see that being a problem for out of town fans looking to come in on the Saturday for the regional.

Side note... If they did host both, I really wish that the NCAA would allow them to hold everything on campus given they actually have the infrastructure.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                  We're obviously getting ahead of ourselves, but I thought I saw somewhere that the dates for the regional would actually be significantly shifted if that were in fact to happen. Meaning that they would actually play the men's and women's games on Friday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday and then play the championships on Tuesday. I'm off that Friday regardless, so it's not an issue for me, but I can see that being a problem for out of town fans looking to come in on the Saturday for the regional.

Side note... If they did host both, I really wish that the NCAA would allow them to hold everything on campus given they actually have the infrastructure.
                  As you said ... Redshirt Joe best focus on the Vulcans.

When Cal is clicking that's a real dangerous team.

Comment

• California has a fan bus coming up tonight. What a noble concept.

I think IUP should have one for every game. They'd be surprised how many people would actually go for the ride (open to public ... not just students). IUP's average fan inside the KCAC is about 60 years old. Many live and die for this time of the year. They'd go on the road if they didn't have to drive. Never know until you try.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                      We're obviously getting ahead of ourselves, but I thought I saw somewhere that the dates for the regional would actually be significantly shifted if that were in fact to happen. Meaning that they would actually play the men's and women's games on Friday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday and then play the championships on Tuesday. I'm off that Friday regardless, so it's not an issue for me, but I can see that being a problem for out of town fans looking to come in on the Saturday for the regional.

Comment

• Comment

• Not a great showing tonight by IUP. Nice 17-point win over the Brent Pegram Show but not very crisp. If you disagree watch the tape and pay close attention to Redshirt Joe. He wasn't very pleased tonight.

Survive and advance. But, they need to clean up a lot. Way too much 'street ball' tonight.

Being honest ... they should have won by 40 tonight.

Comment

Not a great showing tonight by IUP. Nice 17-point win over the Brent Pegram Show but not very crisp. If you disagree watch the tape and pay close attention to Redshirt Joe. He wasn't very pleased tonight.

Survive and advance. But, they need to clean up a lot. Way too much 'street ball' tonight.

Comment

• Redshirt Joe about had a coronary on the sideline tonight.

Comment

• I think that this happened once out west.

Fri WBB quarters
                                Sat MBB quarters
                                Sun WBB semis followed by MBB semis
                                Mon WBB finals
                                Tue MBB finals.

One issue could be practice and shoot around time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X