Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    So ... in theory a new season began yesterday.

Those returning in 2020-21 for what will be a loaded IUP roster:

Guards

David Morris
    Armoni Foster
    Shawndale Jones
    Anthony White
    Bryce Radford
    K.J. Rhodes

Ethan Porterfield (6'9")
    Tommy Demogerontas (6'8" and will play all five positions at times)
    Ousmane Diop (6'10")
    Shawn Ulrich (6'8")

Walk-ons

Dylan Benton
    Anthony Glover Jr.

As of now, Joe's recruiting class this year will be comprised of one player. There's only one spot. By my count of the above, they have (9) scholarships being used -- which leaves one full ride. Ulrich and Anthony White combine for one full ride. The others -- I believe -- are on full ticket.

So, the question becomes if you can take one guy in what will be a National Title push ... what position? Joe likes to stay stocked up for the future so I assume it will be a multi-year transfer. Although, there is already a name floating around who would be a one-year guy at the small forward position.

They really like both Rhodes and Radford. Both could have played this year as true freshmen. Radford was lost for the season in camp and Joe decided to redshirt Rhodes due to a lack of available minutes. By all accounts I'm told Diop will be a Day 1 starter next winter.

To add a guard this off-season ... would really just have to be the perfect fit. I'm kind of leaning toward a Chucky-type playmaker/defender.

Make no mistake, expectations will be through the roof next November. This is likely a preseason Top 3 team.
    I would prefer a Tevin Hanner/Chucky Humphries-type player at the four. The 2015 team made the championship with Tevin and Chucky had a lot of similarities to him...with more offensive upside, of course. I think that piece was one missing in the Cobo/Dante era. Unless you count CJ Rudisill

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

I would prefer a Tevin Hanner/Chucky Humphries-type player at the four. The 2015 team made the championship with Tevin and Chucky had a lot of similarities to him...with more offensive upside, of course. I think that piece was one missing in the Cobo/Dante era. Unless you count CJ Rudisill
      Any word on how radford is doing? big step up from Beckley wv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Any word on how radford is doing? big step up from Beckley wv.
        Joe's pretty high on him. He was going to play this year (deep rotation) prior to breaking his foot in camp. Assuming he'll be the backup PG next year (next two years).

Comment

• Story on Armoni in the Meadville Tribune. https://www.meadvilletribune.com/spo...bc1d19067.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
            Story on Armoni in the Meadville Tribune. https://www.meadvilletribune.com/spo...bc1d19067.html
            I was impressed with Porterfield in the PSAC championship game. Nice-looking shot and he could be tough in the post if he puts on a couple more pounds. Looks as if IUP will be the team to beat next season again. Just hoping we have a normal season. I have no idea what this coronavirus is doing or not doing to recruiting at Ship.

Comment

• With Ulrich gone ... I think most will be pleasantly surprised with his replacement. Expect an announcement soon (at least a verbal as I don't think they can officially sign right now due to the shutdown). This is a really, really big upgrade.

This is a high-impact guy. Minutes will be interesting, however. This roster will be crowded.

Good luck to Ulrich. He was a good teammate here. I think the only way he could have stayed next year would have been to go down to walk-on status. He'll likely surface somewhere he can play heavy minutes.

Comment

• Off-season update: According to yesterday's article in the Indiana Gazette, IUP is targeting two forwards in this year's class. They will be the extent of a small class. Joe mentioned potentially adding a high school player and a transfer. Obviously he wants one to play right away and the other to develop for the long-haul.

With the seniors leaving and also parting ways with two others, that leaves the current roster with:

Guards

David Morris
                Armoni Foster
                Shawndale Jones
                Anthony White
                Bryce Radford
                K.J. Rhodes

Tommy Demogerontas
                Ethan Porterfield
                Ousmane Diop

Utility

Dylan Benton

Comment

• Here's an idea---Joe should take his IUP team down to Oakland to scrimmage Pitt this coming October. Rock was there last fall.

This would be a great opportunity for the IUP crowd to see the weapons that are amassing down at Pitt. In the words of Grand Moff Tarkin from the original Star Wars--- I think that it is time that we demonstrated the full power of this battle station! LOL.

Pitt by 20-25!

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                    Here's an idea---Joe should take his IUP team down to Oakland to scrimmage Pitt this coming October. Rock was there last fall.

This would be a great opportunity for the IUP crowd to see the weapons that are amassing down at Pitt. In the words of Grand Moff Tarkin from the original Star Wars--- I think that it is time that we demonstrated the full power of this battle station! LOL.

Pitt by 20-25!

-
                    Joe can't get a D1 game anywhere in PA. Takes two to tango.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                      Here's an idea---Joe should take his IUP team down to Oakland to scrimmage Pitt this coming October. Rock was there last fall.

Pitt by 20-25!

-
                      BTW, two Death Stars got blown to pieces.

Comment

BTW, two Death Stars got blown to pieces.
                        LOL. Don't remind me of that.

I think it would be a cool matchup for both teams to be honest. Without doubt some Pitt teams would have struggled with Joe's Indians.

It might be also be fair to say that there will be no more IUP-Pitt games after Tom went down there and beat his sister and then she got fired at season' s end.

But I'd love to see the men's teams tangle in an exhibition.

-

Comment

• Redshirt Joe was named the NAB Atlantic District Men's Coach of the Year.

Tell me again how he didn't win PSAC West Coach of the Year?

Comment

• Malik Miller and Armoni Foster named to First Team All-District by NABC.

Atlantic

First Team
                            Bliss, Shippensburg
                            Bolon, West Liberty
                            Foster, IUP
                            Leach, Virginia Union
                            Miller, IUP
                            Ray, Livingstone

Second Team
                            Castello, Shippensburg
                            Colon, Winston-Salem State
                            Kromka, Pitt Johnstown
                            Pegram, California
                            Rackley, Charleston

Comment

Off-season update: According to yesterday's article in the Indiana Gazette, IUP is targeting two forwards in this year's class. They will be the extent of a small class. Joe mentioned potentially adding a high school player and a transfer. Obviously he wants one to play right away and the other to develop for the long-haul.

With the seniors leaving and also parting ways with two others, that leaves the current roster with:

Guards

David Morris
                              Armoni Foster
                              Shawndale Jones
                              Anthony White
                              Bryce Radford
                              K.J. Rhodes

Tommy Demogerontas
                              Ethan Porterfield
                              Ousmane Diop

Utility

Dylan Benton
                              You misspelled redshirt.

Comment

Redshirt Joe was named the NAB Atlantic District Men's Coach of the Year.

Tell me again how he didn't win PSAC West Coach of the Year?
                                Because there was more money coming from the rich school in Erie.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X