Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malik Miller named NABC All-American

That's six straight years for Redshirt Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Malik Miller named NABC All-American

Comment

Malik Miller named NABC All-American

Six years straight is a nice run...Wake me when it gets to double digits!

Comment

• My favorite part was Shawndale winning Tournament MVP as a non-starter. He's likely to be 6th man again next year although he'll obviously play heavy minutes. Good luck playing them next year. Although I'm having doubts there will be a next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

LOL. Don't remind me of that.

I think it would be a cool matchup for both teams to be honest. Without doubt some Pitt teams would have struggled with Joe's Indians.

It might be also be fair to say that there will be no more IUP-Pitt games after Tom went down there and beat his sister and then she got fired at season' s end.

But I'd love to see the men's teams tangle in an exhibition.

-
            Last time IUP men were there was 2014-15 season when Pitt won 72-58 but I think it was as close as 6-7 points early in second half. My son was a student manager for Pitt and he told the other managers prior to the game it was no gimme (he had seen tons of PSAC games) and knew how good IUP was (#9 to start the year). I think D Chance played in the game. So the other managers thought he was crazy until halftime when I believe it was a single digit lead.
            Last edited by IUPTrackMan; 03-25-2020, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
              Last time IUP men were there was 2014-15 season when Pitt won 72-58 but I think it was as close as 6-7 points early in second half. My son was a student manager for Pitt and he told the other managers prior to the game it was no gimme (he had seen tons of PSAC games) and knew how good IUP was (#9 to start the year). I think D Chance played in the game. So the other managers thought he was crazy until halftime when I believe it was a single digit lead.
              I went to the game. It was pretty close up until the end. Jeremy Jeffers had his best game at IUP ... he had 18-20 points and hit 4-5 treys. They got Daddy in foul trouble on some real cheap calls.

I also went the year SRU physically gave it to Pitt in the first half of a game. Jamie freaked on KR on the way to the locker room ... saying they were paying them to come here, etc. True story. That was one of those big muscle SRU teams and they really shoved Pitt around.

Comment

I went to the game. It was pretty close up until the end. Jeremy Jeffers had his best game at IUP ... he had 18-20 points and hit 4-5 treys. They got Daddy in foul trouble on some real cheap calls.

I also went the year SRU physically gave it to Pitt in the first half of a game. Jamie freaked on KR on the way to the locker room ... saying they were paying them to come here, etc. True story. That was one of those big muscle SRU teams and they really shoved Pitt around.
                Daddy was in foul trouble?????????

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

Daddy was in foul trouble?????????
                  Believe it or not.

Comment

My favorite part was Shawndale winning Tournament MVP as a non-starter. He's likely to be 6th man again next year although he'll obviously play heavy minutes. Good luck playing them next year. Although I'm having doubts there will be a next season.
                    He certainly deserved that award. His play, and Ship's sudden inability to hit free throws, were two keys to the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

He certainly deserved that award. His play, and Ship's sudden inability to hit free throws, were two keys to the game.

Comment

• I don't think I agree. It would have kept them within a couple of points instead of constantly digging out of double-digit deficits. You're playing a completely different style in a three- or four-point game than you are when you're scrambling to make up big deficits. And it wasn't only the front ends. They missed a bunch of others as well. All conjecture now anyway.

Comment

I don't think I agree. It would have kept them within a couple of points instead of constantly digging out of double-digit deficits. You're playing a completely different style in a three- or four-point game than you are when you're scrambling to make up big deficits. And it wasn't only the front ends. They missed a bunch of others as well. All conjecture now anyway.
                          IUP had an advantage in that game that wasn't noticeable on the live feed (I assume not anyway). We had a planted (extremely loud) heckler behind the Ship bench. No way they were used to a loud visiting crowd but especially not the loudest guy in the gym screaming at them all game. That dude went after Sleva and Talley relentlessly.

He kept screaming at Talley "Dominator ... why aren't you dominating." When the home team starts jawing back at the visiting crowd ... mission accomplished.

The Ship fans had security over like 14 times but he wasn't quite crossing the line to eject him.

Was it a coincidence he sat where he did .... not sure. But, I doubt it.

In the old days IUP used to seat the students directly behind the visiting bench. No idea why they stopped doing it.

Comment

IUP had an advantage in that game that wasn't noticeable on the live feed (I assume not anyway). We had a planted (extremely loud) heckler behind the Ship bench. No way they were used to a loud visiting crowd but especially not the loudest guy in the gym screaming at them all game. That dude went after Sleva and Talley relentlessly.

He kept screaming at Talley "Dominator ... why aren't you dominating." When the home team starts jawing back at the visiting crowd ... mission accomplished.

The Ship fans had security over like 14 times but he wasn't quite crossing the line to eject him.

Was it a coincidence he sat where he did .... not sure. But, I doubt it.

In the old days IUP used to seat the students directly behind the visiting bench. No idea why they stopped doing it.
                            Oh, that asshat. I wasn't sitting far from him. Doubt he had much effect on the team. Ship actually had a better record on the road than at home this year. I'll give him credit for being extremely obnoxious, though.

Comment

Oh, that asshat. I wasn't sitting far from him. Doubt he had much effect on the team. Ship actually had a better record on the road than at home this year. I'll give him credit for being extremely obnoxious, though.
                              He was intense.

Comment

Tell me more. Are you serious?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X