Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Matas is a miss. He signed with a D1 program in Canada. Staying home.

Never know. Maybe in a year or two.
    What is the level of D1 basketball there comparable to in the US?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

What is the level of D1 basketball there comparable to in the US?
      It's not comparable. The elite players from Canada mostly opt to play in the NCAA -- not all, but most. Last year NCAA D1 had more than 150 Canadian players.

IUP scrimmaged a D1 Canadian school last September and blew them out.

He had some nice D2 offers (IUP and U-Indy).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's not comparable. The elite players from Canada mostly opt to play in the NCAA -- not all, but most. Last year NCAA D1 had more than 150 Canadian players.

IUP scrimmaged a D1 Canadian school last September and blew them out.

He had some nice D2 offers (IUP and U-Indy).

Comment

• Never know ... may see him again some day.

Comment

• He's not even a Saluki. He's not at SIU. He's at SIU-Edwardsville. He's a Cougar . . . in a bottom-feeding, low-D1 program. Hate to say it, but I almost wonder if he'd have been better off in the KCAC. Can't fault the kid/following his dreams/yadda, yadda, yadda/you know the rest.

Comment

• The average number of fans he'd play in front of in the KCAC is about the same as what Edwardsville draws (averaged 1700 fans last year). And he would win a lot more than 5 games in Indiana, that's for dang sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                He's not even a Saluki. He's not at SIU. He's at SIU-Edwardsville. He's a Cougar . . . in a bottom-feeding, low-D1 program. Hate to say it, but I almost wonder if he'd have been better off in the KCAC. Can't fault the kid/following his dreams/yadda, yadda, yadda/you know the rest.

Comment

• Joe's team would clobber his new team. LOL. That's my fault -- again. I didn't know there was more than one 'Southern Illinois' ... lol.

I guess the shopping continues. Historically, most of Joe's best imports arrived in June. Plenty of time.

I think Jelani must be planning something like a Lebron-type announcement. Personally, I have some hesitations with him fitting in even if he would come here (if the offer even still exists).

This is a little tricky this year in recruiting. That roster is pretty full of proven guys. He can't be offering guys to come in here and expect 35 mpg. Shawndale was one in a million last year 'coming down' and accepting his Sixth Man role (and actually 7th man prior to Demo's injury). I still question if he's the only 'Sixth Man' in PSAC history to win the conference tournament MVP.

But, for a D1 transfer coming in ... that ball has to get shared between Armoni (who will be (is) one of the top players in all of D2) and Tommy Demo (who wants the ball at all times). Toss in Morris, Shawndale, Porterfield, etc., ... 'touches' are limited. My point is they can't sign a Rodney Horton type or it won't work chemistry-wise.

Not saying you want a Blake Danielak or Ayron Hutton type of D1 role player, but a 'wanna be star' could be dangerous. For the older crowd, I'd think the perfect piece would be a Geoff Evans type of guard in addition to a fourth big. If Anthony isn't returning and there is a player on academic ride, he could add two more. At the same time, this has to be looked at as a national title run season.

Comment

• We'll have 22 regular season games this year.

16 vs the West
                    (usually) 5 crossover vs the East

That's a pretty small non-conference schedule (1 game). Being that IUP typically played all or all but one non-conference game at home ... that's certainly a hit on the gate.

IUP announced this morning they are planning to have students on campus in the Fall.

Comment

• Looks like Joe just pulled a couple of European players for next year. Any scouting report on these guys?

Comment

Looks like Joe just pulled a couple of European players for next year. Any scouting report on these guys?

Comment

Looks like Joe just pulled a couple of European players for next year. Any scouting report on these guys?
                          Is there a travel ban for students from Europe?

Comment

• On the 'immediate' surface .... wasn't expecting so many high school players.
                            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 05-31-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• But, when you consider he has his 7 for next year ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Is there a travel ban for students from Europe?
                                Hope not come September or a significant player for VULCANS WBB from SHEFFIELD ENG. will be sorely missed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X