Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I long ago quit second-guessing Lombardi recruits. Most of them, anyway. Keep sending those $$$ checks. Joe can recruit around the globe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Is there a travel ban for students from Europe?
      Not right now. I was expecting one in March but it never happened. I imagine they'll get a temperature scan when they arrive then will have to self quarantine for 14 days before starting team activities.

Comment

• Not sure how even Redshirt Joe is going to get this roster down to his preferred 6-man rotation by January. LOL.

As we know it ... 2020-21 Roster:

Guard:
        Armoni Foster
        Shawndale Jones
        David Morris
        K.J. Rhodes
        Bryce Radford
        Enrique Cordon Sjoberg
        Anthony White (rumored to be leaving)
        Kyle Polce
        Jackson Faulk (walk-on)

Forward:

Tommy Demogerontas (6'8, 220 lbs)
        Ethan Porterfield (6'9", 225 lbs)
        Ousmane Diop (6'10", 225 lbs)
        Tomiwa Sulaiman (6'6", 225 lbs)
        Nolan Burk (6'8", 235 lbs) (walk-on)

Utility:

Dylan Benton (walk-on)

That's 15 players as of now. If Anthony leaves that's 14. Three walk-ons and 11 scholarship players. This is Joe's deepest roster I can remember.

I'm assuming Polce, Burk, Faulk and Sjoberg will redshirt. Sulaiman is going to play as a true freshman per reports. He may actually dress the walk-ons (he typically does).

Comment

• Comment

• I really hope Anthony White stays. Kind of lost in history is the fact he really bailed them out last year in a pivotal game.

Recall the Saturday-Sunday doubleheader ... Demo was lost for the season the day before and Joe had ESU the next day.

Anthony hadn't really played in the first four games and then came in for a game-high 16 points in a 80-56 bashing of the Warriors.

I said all season he'd have started for the vast majority of teams in the PSAC. I'd hate to see him leave right before his senior season. He's been a big part of the program. I know his potential leaving isn't basketball or IUP related.

Basketball-wise, he's developed from a walk-on to a well-built, 6'3" really athletc guard. Call him a role player but guys like him are hard to find.

Comment

• Looks like a late addition has surfaced (walk-on).

Nike McGlynn is a 6'2" guard from York. He had a very strong junior year but missed his senior season due to injury.

Comment

• Class of 2021 offer SG Matt Davis (Johns Creek, GA, and The-Skill-Factory High School) has verbally committed to Charleston Southern.

Comment

• With a shortened season the conference slate becomes a bit more interesting. It's a tough stretch to start the season. Gannon and SRU also visit the KCAC over break. The Saturday, Jan. 30, trip to SRU is always a tough one. Below lists 20 games. They can play a max of 22 regular season games. I suspect two 'tune up' type home games prior to Shepherd visiting.

2020-21
                  11/21 (SAT) Shepherd
                  11/22 (SUN) Shippensburg
                  12/4 (FRI) @ Kutztown
                  12/5 (SAT) @ West Chester
                  12/16 Edinboro
                  12/19 @ California
                  1/2 Gannon
                  1/6 @ Seton Hill
                  1/9 Slippery Rock
                  1/13 BYE
                  1/16 @ Mercyhurst
                  1/20 @ Clarion
                  1/23 UPJ
                  1/27 @ Gannon
                  1/30 @ Slippery Rock
                  2/3 California
                  2/6 Mercyhurst
                  2/10 BYE
                  2/13 Seton Hill
                  2/17 @ Edinboro
                  2/20 @ UPJ
                  2/24 Clarion

Comment

• Former walk-on Alan Glover is headed to Stockton (NJ). He should do very well there and play heavy minutes.

Comment

• Malik and Chucky will both sign professional contracts in the coming days. More to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Malik and Chucky will both sign professional contracts in the coming days. More to follow.
                        I knew Malik was looking to sign but I really thought Chucky was going to move on to a media career.

Comment

With a shortened season the conference slate becomes a bit more interesting. It's a tough stretch to start the season. Gannon and SRU also visit the KCAC over break. The Saturday, Jan. 30, trip to SRU is always a tough one. Below lists 20 games. They can play a max of 22 regular season games. I suspect two 'tune up' type home games prior to Shepherd visiting.

2020-21
                          11/21 (SAT) Shepherd
                          11/22 (SUN) Shippensburg
                          12/4 (FRI) @ Kutztown
                          12/5 (SAT) @ West Chester
                          12/16 Edinboro
                          12/19 @ California
                          1/2 Gannon
                          1/6 @ Seton Hill
                          1/9 Slippery Rock
                          1/13 BYE
                          1/16 @ Mercyhurst
                          1/20 @ Clarion
                          1/23 UPJ
                          1/27 @ Gannon
                          1/30 @ Slippery Rock
                          2/3 California
                          2/6 Mercyhurst
                          2/10 BYE
                          2/13 Seton Hill
                          2/17 @ Edinboro
                          2/20 @ UPJ
                          2/24 Clarion
                          "the break" might not be as long this year with covid. Or, heck, it could be longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

"the break" might not be as long this year with covid. Or, heck, it could be longer.
                            The break unfortunately may be the entire 20-21 season.

Comment

The break unfortunately may be the entire 20-21 season.
                              You mean Joe could redshirt his entire team this year? Say less

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

You mean Joe could redshirt his entire team this year? Say less
                                The downside is if they cancel the season it would likely be the end of Demo's career. Just a guess but he'd probably want to move on with life at that point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X