Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The downside is if they cancel the season it would likely be the end of Demo's career. Just a guess but he'd probably want to move on with life at that point.
    The really sad part in all of this is what may have been. And that goes for a lot of things right now... High school athletes, high school graduates, college graduates, pro leagues, etc.

IUP had a team that could have went a long, long way before the announcement made on that Thursday in March ended it all. I always say that the most important thing about "getting there" is winning it when you do. Joe has lost twice. In the years since... Two NCAA Tournament wins.

You just never know when you're going to get that shot again. You may never get that shot again. Regardless of how good your program is, you need a ton of talent, some good fortune, and a lot of luck to just simply play in the last game of the season. As the season went on this year, I grew more and more to believe that this team could really make a run at it. Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

The really sad part in all of this is what may have been. And that goes for a lot of things right now... High school athletes, high school graduates, college graduates, pro leagues, etc.

IUP had a team that could have went a long, long way before the announcement made on that Thursday in March ended it all. I always say that the most important thing about "getting there" is winning it when you do. Joe has lost twice. In the years since... Two NCAA Tournament wins.

You just never know when you're going to get that shot again. You may never get that shot again. Regardless of how good your program is, you need a ton of talent, some good fortune, and a lot of luck to just simply play in the last game of the season. As the season went on this year, I grew more and more to believe that this team could really make a run at it. Sad.

I sure hope they play this year. This is another loaded team. With Demo back and Ethan a year old -- and Ousmane Diop -- they are loaded inside and outside.

That said, I'm very doubtful we'll see a basketball season.

Comment

• If the rumors are true the PSAC has suspended all sports until Dec 31.

Speaking in pure hypotheticals that means basketball 'camp' could start Jan. 1. Perhaps games by Feb. 1.

Here's to being optimistic.

#3-peat

Comment

If the rumors are true the PSAC has suspended all sports until Dec 31.

Speaking in pure hypotheticals that means basketball 'camp' could start Jan. 1. Perhaps games by Feb. 1.

#3-peat
          Those aren't rumors. It's a done deal. PSAC announced it late yesterday. Doesn't bode well for basketball season which would get a late start as the best-case scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Those aren't rumors. It's a done deal. PSAC announced it late yesterday. Doesn't bode well for basketball season which would get a late start as the best-case scenario.
            Technically the official announcement is at 9am today.

Comment

• If you have to find a positive ... Demo will have a full year since his ACL. He should be 100 percent for the alleged spring season.

Comment

If the rumors are true the PSAC has suspended all sports until Dec 31.

#3-peat
                Optomistic...I don't think the PSAC announcement forbids practice does it? Six days of practice between Christmas and New Years eve and then Kick off a compressed schedule of two games per week and four weeks with three games should get you to 22 contests before NCAA tourney selection time.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Optomistic...I don't think the PSAC announcement forbids practice does it? Six days of practice between Christmas and New Years eve and then Kick off a compressed schedule of two games per week and four weeks with three games should get you to 22 contests before NCAA tourney selection time.
                  It forbids 'official' practice ... that's my inpression, anyway.

Comment

It forbids 'official' practice ... that's my inpression, anyway.
                    Well, if that is true then you restrict the sched to PSAC only games. That way the the court will be level from a practice standpoint. Early games with no practice would be kind of rough but at least both teams would be the same. Either that or give up on your season 6 months before it even begins.

Comment

Well, if that is true then you restrict the sched to PSAC only games. That way the the court will be level from a practice standpoint. Early games with no practice would be kind of rough but at least both teams would be the same. Either that or give up on your season 6 months before it even begins.
                      Hard to say, Boat. The PSAC obviously isn't the only conference with no Fall sports. Just in our region the CIAA has already postponed, too. I would guess it's a matter of time until all D2 conferences suspend Fall play.

But, if they aren't allowed to play they won't be allowed to 'formally' practice, either.

If playing a PSAC-only basketball season is the only option ... better than nothing.

Comment

Hard to say, Boat. The PSAC obviously isn't the only conference with no Fall sports. Just in our region the CIAA has already postponed, too. I would guess it's a matter of time until all D2 conferences suspend Fall play.

But, if they aren't allowed to play they won't be allowed to 'formally' practice, either.

If playing a PSAC-only basketball season is the only option ... better than nothing.
                        I think it's more likely that the NCAA suspends fall intercollegiate games/events but does not restrict practice or winter sports/games...at least not yet. Plenty of time to cancel practice and perhaps the first part of the season if things get worse. Now individual conferences or even states can and obviously have already cancelled sports until the next callendar year. They certainly can make that decision and if you are a member of a conference/state that has made that decision, that's a problem your school will have to deal with.

Comment

• Looks like Redshirt Joe is back in the recruiting market. Rumor is Tommy Demogerontas has given up his senior season to play professionally in Europe. The perceived perception of no season in 2020-21 likely made the decision easier.

So, being that Joe signed (5) freshmen, it seems pretty obvious a transfer will take Demo's spot.

Comment

• IUP finished third in D2 in attendance in 2019-20.

Comment

• Any idea how many games IUP is planning on playing in 2021 and when the first game might be?

Comment

Any idea how many games IUP is planning on playing in 2021 and when the first game might be?
                                My guess is November of 2021.

But, as of now, I think they have 21 on the board. Their schedule is posted.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X