Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Looks like Redshirt Joe is back in the recruiting market. Rumor is Tommy Demogerontas has given up his senior season to play professionally in Europe. The perceived perception of no season in 2020-21 likely made the decision easier.

So, being that Joe signed (5) freshmen, it seems pretty obvious a transfer will take Demo's spot.

I've been told by a very good source close to the program that the Demo rumor is inaccurate. He is planning to return this season. By the time they start he'd be a good 14-15 months from his injury and should be ready to roll.

Comment

I've been told by a very good source close to the program that the Demo rumor is inaccurate. He is planning to return this season. By the time they start he'd be a good 14-15 months from his injury and should be ready to roll.
      Hard to believe any pro team would want him with his injury history and coming off an ACL tear. He's got to prove he can stay healthy this year for a pro team to give him a look. He's talented enough but no team wants to spend on an injury question.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hard to believe any pro team would want him with his injury history and coming off an ACL tear. He's got to prove he can stay healthy this year for a pro team to give him a look. He's talented enough but no team wants to spend on an injury question.
        I do think this will be his last dance -- either way -- at the collegiate level. He's 23 now.

He should be healed up 100 percent by the time they start. He was injured around Thanksgiving last year. So, by the time (if) they play a game ... probably 15 months removed.

From what we saw in four games last year (3.5) ... he'll dominate on this level in a full season. Add to it Ethan is a major force so they will be a match-up nightmare.

Comment

• IUP-TV got nominated for a regional Emmy Award for its sports broadcasts.

I have no doubt it's a quality product. Just imagine if anybody could actually watch it without the screen freezing every 40 seconds.

Comment

• Unofficial reports saying Redshirt Joe just signed a lucrative extension. It may, in fact, make him the highest paid coach in D2.

Comment

Unofficial reports saying Redshirt Joe just signed a lucrative extension. It may, in fact, make him the highest paid coach in D2.
              Well deserved!!!

Comment

Well deserved!!!
                It will squash the 'retirement' talk for the next 5 years, too.

Comment

• Anybody see the annual Indiana Gazette article about the incoming recruiting class? I don't think there was one but I could have missed it. Odd.

The roster isn't up, either, ... but, that's not a huge surprise.

As of now, it sounds like opening night will be Jan. 17.

No official word if Joe's two foreign imports are here or not. Tomiwa Sulaiman, in particular, was expected to play immediately in the post rotation. He picked IUP over several smaller D1 mid-major offers.

Comment

Anybody see the annual Indiana Gazette article about the incoming recruiting class? I don't think there was one but I could have missed it. Odd.

The roster isn't up, either, ... but, that's not a huge surprise.

As of now, it sounds like opening night will be Jan. 17.

No official word if Joe's two foreign imports are here or not. Tomiwa Sulaiman, in particular, was expected to play immediately in the post rotation. He picked IUP over several smaller D1 mid-major offers.
                    I've heard rumors that the PSAC wants to start basketball earlier.

Comment

I've heard rumors that the PSAC wants to start basketball earlier.
                      I don't think IUP has any chance of still being open to on-campus students beyond a couple more weeks. These kids here are just acting like morons and the results are showing. Hopefully they don't punish athletics if the whole school goes online.

Comment

I don't think IUP has any chance of still being open to on-campus students beyond a couple more weeks. These kids here are just acting like morons and the results are showing. Hopefully they don't punish athletics if the whole school goes online.
                        Oh I sure believe it. Mercyhurst campus actually doesn't look bad. Most students I see are wearing masks and there are not really any big groups that I've seen.

Comment

Oh I sure believe it. Mercyhurst campus actually doesn't look bad. Most students I see are wearing masks and there are not really any big groups that I've seen.
                          Gary has them in a matchup zone.

Comment

Gary has them in a matchup zone.
                            Suffocating!!!

Comment

• Malik started is pro career in Spain.

Comment

Malik started is pro career in Spain.
                                He plays a much different style than those Spanish players. Could be fun to watch!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X