Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He plays a much different style than those Spanish players. Could be fun to watch!
    He got jacked this off-season. Looks like he lifted daily for 7 months.

Comment

• IUP posted a 'form' of a roster on the web site. No freshmen are listed. Anthony White is gone as suspected. He's a big depth loss. Most importantly, Tommy Demogerontas is listed and is approaching a year out from his ACL injury (mid-Nov 2019).

Per the site:

David Morris (PG)
      K.J. Rhodes (SG)
      Armoni Foster (G)
      Ethan Porterfield (F)
      Tommy Demogerontas (F)
      Shawndale Jones (G)
      Bryce Radford (PG)
      Dylan Benton (Utility)
      Alan Glover Jr. (F)
      Ousmane Diop (C/F)

Not listed but signed:

Enrique Cordon Sjoberg (scholarship)
      Kyle Polce (scholarship)
      Tomiwa Sulaiman (scholarship)
      Nolan Burk (walk-on)
      Jackson Faulk (walk-on)

Of the incoming freshmen, rumor is Sulaiman (London, England) is ready to play immediately. He's got a high skill set and is very athletic for his size (6'7", 225 lbs). I'd assume Joe redshirts Sjoberg and Polce. The two freshmen walk-ons will likely dress as he rarely redshirts them. Keep an eye on Burk, however. He chose to walk-on at IUP over some other D2 offers. He's a big kid (6'7", 230 lbs). He could turn in to a contributor down the road -- and certainly a muscle guy off the bench at the very least.

Of note, walk-on Alan Glover, by all reports, is gone. He signed with a D3 over the summer. Unless something changed, that is, and he stuck around.

Word is Porterfield is up to 6'10" and around 235 lbs.

No word on where Shawn Ulrich ended up.

I'd have to assume a starting five of Armoni, Morris, Shawndale, Demo and Porterfield.

K.J. and Bryce will fill out the guard rotation. Diop will be a real big boost off the bench along with Sulaiman.

And, for you fans of Redshirt Road, the only possible redshirt available of the returning players is Porterfield. And, no, not even Redshirt Joe is crazy enough to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        IUP posted a 'form' of a roster on the web site. No freshmen are listed. Anthony White is gone as suspected. He's a big depth loss. Most importantly, Tommy Demogerontas is listed and is approaching a year out from his ACL injury (mid-Nov 2019).

Per the site:

David Morris (PG)
        K.J. Rhodes (SG)
        Armoni Foster (G)
        Ethan Porterfield (F)
        Tommy Demogerontas (F)
        Shawndale Jones (G)
        Bryce Radford (PG)
        Dylan Benton (Utility)
        Alan Glover Jr. (F)
        Ousmane Diop (C/F)

Not listed but signed:

Enrique Cordon Sjoberg (scholarship)
        Kyle Polce (scholarship)
        Tomiwa Sulaiman (scholarship)
        Nolan Burk (walk-on)
        Jackson Faulk (walk-on)

Of the incoming freshmen, rumor is Sulaiman (London, England) is ready to play immediately. He's got a high skill set and is very athletic for his size (6'7", 225 lbs). I'd assume Joe redshirts Sjoberg and Polce. The two freshmen walk-ons will likely dress as he rarely redshirts them. Keep an eye on Burk, however. He chose to walk-on at IUP over some other D2 offers. He's a big kid (6'7", 230 lbs). He could turn in to a contributor down the road -- and certainly a muscle guy off the bench at the very least.

Of note, walk-on Alan Glover, by all reports, is gone. He signed with a D3 over the summer. Unless something changed, that is, and he stuck around.

Word is Porterfield is up to 6'10" and around 235 lbs.

No word on where Shawn Ulrich ended up.

I'd have to assume a starting five of Armoni, Morris, Shawndale, Demo and Porterfield.

K.J. and Bryce will fill out the guard rotation. Diop will be a real big boost off the bench along with Sulaiman.

And, for you fans of Redshirt Road, the only possible redshirt available of the returning players is Porterfield. And, no, not even Redshirt Joe is crazy enough to do that.
        Don't jinx it... if Joe goes crazy and redshirts Porterfield then there no one to blame but you!!!

Comment

• Looking at the roster, shouldn't Radford and Rhodes be redshirt freshman? It has them as sophomores.

Comment

Don't jinx it... if Joe goes crazy and redshirts Porterfield then there no one to blame but you!!!
            If he redshirts Ethan then he's jumped the shark. lol.

Comment

Looking at the roster, shouldn't Radford and Rhodes be redshirt freshman? It has them as sophomores.
              It looks like it was a pretty botched effort in posting the 'roster'.

Yes, both will be R-Fresh.

Edit: Actually, they probably filed Radford under a medical redshirt as he was injured in camp. So, somewhere down the line he probably could take his regular redshirt (lol ... here we go).

Comment

• With the new PA mandate taking effect Friday, it would seem our basketball venues will be permitted to have 15% occupancy.

At the KCAC (assuming 4,000 seats) .... that's about 600 per game.

I'd guess a set number goes to students and returning season ticket holders.

I've never heard an actual capacity for basketball. I've heard as low as 4,000 and as high as 5,000.

Comment

With the new PA mandate taking effect Friday, it would seem our basketball venues will be permitted to have 15% occupancy.

At the KCAC (assuming 4,000 seats) .... that's about 600 per game.

I'd guess a set number goes to students and returning season ticket holders.

I've never heard an actual capacity for basketball. I've heard as low as 4,000 and as high as 5,000.

I was quickly told the official seating capacity at the KCAC is 5,000. So, they could allow 750.

Joe averaged more than 2,000 a game last year -- and that includes the XMAS funeral season. Heck, we may see scalpers working Redshirt Road for the first time ever this season.
                  Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-06-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• A possible 750 in attendance. Heck, that's enough capacity to handle about half a season's worth of games combined for most MEC teams! ; )

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                      A possible 750 in attendance. Heck, that's enough capacity to handle about half a season's worth of games combined for most MEC teams! ; )
                      I had a similar thought yesterday. That 750 would cover about 8 home games for Slippery Rock.

Comment

• D2 has granted Winter athletes a releif year.

Comment

• Being that this is a 'free' year eligibility-wise ... this off-season will be interesting.

D2 can up the scholarship limit, I suppose, but you still have to raise the money.

Comment

Being that this is a 'free' year eligibility-wise ... this off-season will be interesting.

D2 can up the scholarship limit, I suppose, but you still have to raise the money.
                            Does this include DEMO???

Comment

I was quickly told the official seating capacity at the KCAC is 5,000. So, they could allow 750.

Joe averaged more than 2,000 a game last year -- and that includes the XMAS funeral season. Heck, we may see scalpers working Redshirt Road for the first time ever this season.
                              Where do you come up with these things? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Where do you come up with these things? lol
                                I'm a (multiple) girl Dad. I don't have much outside of Disney, cheerleading, dance and gymnastics. Lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X