Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    iUP, Clarion, Gannon and Mercyhurst voted to play. The rest all declined.
    Clarion? That's odd... I thought if there was 4 it would've been SH.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Clarion? That's odd... I thought if there was 4 it would've been SH.
      I'm surprised IUP isn't going forward and trying to get an independent schedule.

Of course the way things are going there may be no D2 basketball.

I'd have to think the MEC would have worked out a deal with the (4) PSAC schools.

Comment

I'm surprised IUP isn't going forward and trying to get an independent schedule.

Of course the way things are going there may be no D2 basketball.

I'd have to think the MEC would have worked out a deal with the (4) PSAC schools.
        Come on, we both know the MEC wants no part of IUP and Hurst. They give those MEC teams fits!!!

Comment

• CIAA is going to play. Schedule announced.

Comment

• Tommy Demo has hit the transfer portal.

Given his age, it's no surprise he wants to play somewhere this season and get started with his overseas career. It wasn't expected he was going to stick around with the PSAC bailing on the season.

That's likely a D2 All-American for this season sitting on the free agent wire.

I'd guess he tries to land somewhere in the mid-West (where he's from) but every D2 team in the country that is playing should be blowing up his phone today -- 6'8" guy who plays all five positions, shoots the trey and is a monster rebounder. Pretty rare player for D2.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-01-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• The transfer portal is completely flooded right now with D1 and D2 players -- the majority from conferences that cancelled the season.

Comment

The transfer portal is completely flooded right now with D1 and D2 players -- the majority from conferences that cancelled the season.
                Anyone we know ?

Comment

The transfer portal is completely flooded right now with D1 and D2 players -- the majority from conferences that cancelled the season.
                  Interesting. I haven't checked but I don't recall any D1 conferences delaying their seasons to Jan 1. I wonder if the NCAA will let players transfer and be immediately eligible for D1 schools that have already started their seasons? This could result in a number of those upper classmen D1 players transfering to DIIs that don't start play until January.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Come on, we both know the MEC wants no part of IUP and Hurst. They give those MEC teams fits!!!
                    That would be some great games! Maybe a year when fans can attend. Some time ago MEC mandated a 22 game max schedule with only in-conference games.

Comment

Tommy Demo has hit the transfer portal.

Given his age, it's no surprise he wants to play somewhere this season and get started with his overseas career. It wasn't expected he was going to stick around with the PSAC bailing on the season.

That's likely a D2 All-American for this season sitting on the free agent wire.

I'd guess he tries to land somewhere in the mid-West (where he's from) but every D2 team in the country that is playing should be blowing up his phone today -- 6'8" guy who plays all five positions, shoots the trey and is a monster rebounder. Pretty rare player for D2.
                      Not familiar with his skill set. Would he focus on a team where he is the main man? Is he more of a half court set guy and not a fit for WLU style?

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Interesting. I haven't checked but I don't recall any D1 conferences delaying their seasons to Jan 1. I wonder if the NCAA will let players transfer and be immediately eligible for D1 schools that have already started their seasons? This could result in a number of those upper classmen D1 players transfering to DIIs that don't start play until January.
                        The Ivy is the only D1 league I know of that has shut down. There about 40 teams in D1 not playing right now. Granted, there's about 9,000 D1 teams.

Oddly the portal is flooded with Ivy departures. Have to question leaving a free ride at an Ivy League school just to play ball this year. Odds are real good if you were at an Ivy ... you aren't going to play with LeBron. That Yale diploma is with you for life. By June nobody will remember you scored 7 points at New Mexico State.

Comment

The Ivy is the only D1 league I know of that has shut down. There about 40 teams in D1 not playing right now. Granted, there's about 9,000 D1 teams.

Oddly the portal is flooded with Ivy departures. Have to question leaving a free ride at an Ivy League school just to play ball this year. Odds are real good if you were at an Ivy ... you aren't going to play with LeBron. That Yale diploma is with you for life. By June nobody will remember you scored 7 points at New Mexico State.
                          Agree completely. The questionable decisions by athletes boggles my mind. Ivy league is a guaranteed job interview. I think Ivy does not offer pure athletic scholarships. You have to be very strong academically, especially if Mom or Dad is not an alum.
                          Last edited by Columbuseer; 12-01-2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Agree completely. The questionable decisions by athletes boggles my mind. Ivy league is a guaranteed job interview. I think Ivy does not offer pure athletic scholarships. You have to be very strong academically, especially if Mom or Dad is not an alum.
                            Guess it depends on how much financial aid you get. Without financial aid or if it is reduced, the tuition bill at an Ivy can build up to a pretty stagering level pretty quickly!!

Comment

I wonder how the NCAA will treat "in season" transfers if a player tries to transfer to a D1 (or DII) that has already started playing?

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Guess it depends on how much financial aid you get. Without financial aid or if it is reduced, the tuition bill at an Ivy can build up to a pretty stagering level pretty quickly!!
                                I would be surprised if financial assistance was impacted by the cancellation of Ivy season. Endowments are staggering. Harvard $41B Columbia $11B. Feds forced Harvard a while back to start using endowments for more financial aid.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X