Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Gannon goes to IUP on Saturday at 4pm.
    They must be playing in the Field House. KCAC is booked.

Comment

• Amazing IUP hasn't announced the games. Not even a freaking Tweet.

I get they are nothing more than exhibitions for IUP but my goodness.

They do have people who follow the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Amazing IUP hasn't announced the games. Not even a freaking Tweet.

I get they are nothing more than exhibitions for IUP but my goodness.

They do have people who follow the program.
        I don't understand it either other than Joe's tweet it hasn't been mentioned on the IUP front.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I don't understand it either other than Joe's tweet it hasn't been mentioned on the IUP front.
          Any word if they will allow 15% capacity per the new PA guidelines (did they kick in yet?)

Comment

• I'm going to take IUP -3.5 tonight. I think this is going to be very tight. You can't predict the impact factor of one team playing a season and the other being in camp for 10 days.

Saturday I'd expect a different result. But, tonight I suspect we see some rust and typical opening-night sloppiness. Gannon is playing well. Joe better be ready.

Comment

Any word if they will allow 15% capacity per the new PA guidelines (did they kick in yet?)
              No fans

Comment

I'm going to take IUP -3.5 tonight. I think this is going to be very tight. You can't predict the impact factor of one team playing a season and the other being in camp for 10 days.

Saturday I'd expect a different result. But, tonight I suspect we see some rust and typical opening-night sloppiness. Gannon is playing well. Joe better be ready.
                Is it an actual game, a scrimmage or a practice?

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Is it an actual game, a scrimmage or a practice?

Who knows. Gannon is listing it as a game. IUP isn't even acknowledging they are playing.

Sounds like it will have refs, etc., so I'd call it a game. I don't think IUP is going to post anything win or lose. They play again Saturday.

Comment

• Joe just tweeted about the game ... said they've only had a short prep. He's either nervous or playing his cards close to the vest.

I think with just 1.5 weeks of actual practice he'll need to play a deeper bench. I worry about endurance. Instead of his usual 7 guys he may need to play 9 just to have some fresh legs in second half.

Comment

Joe just tweeted about the game ... said they've only had a short prep. He's either nervous or playing his cards close to the vest.

I think with just 1.5 weeks of actual practice he'll need to play a deeper bench. I worry about endurance. Instead of his usual 7 guys he may need to play 9 just to have some fresh legs in second half.
                      Every coach is nervous before games!

Comment

Joe just tweeted about the game ... said they've only had a short prep. He's either nervous or playing his cards close to the vest.

I agree with your risks. However, I expect IUP to defeat them. When I watched Gannon play Salem, both teams did not believe in existence of a bad shot, unlike IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I agree with your risks. However, I expect IUP to defeat them. When I watched Gannon play Salem, both teams did not believe in existence of a bad shot, unlike IUP.
                          IUP's post should cause all sorts of problems for GU. They can all (and do) shoot the trey. Mercyhurst's bigs this year don't do that much.

That said first games are rarely pretty -- especially playing a team not playing their first game.

It should be fun.

This will be my first D2 game this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

In their defense, GU didn't have their PG in that game (or the first Mercyhurst game). He may be their best player.

They had to start a true freshman PG against Mercyhurst the first game. That's a death sentence.

Comment

• Doesn't appear Demo is there.

Comment

• KJ starting over Shawdale. Maybe he isn't there.

Demo is there and starting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X