Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I understand why IUP can't do anything because these are practices for them. But, why can't GU update the score? They did Thursday a second after the game ended.
    They didn't send anyone to the game (i.e. - stats, media etc) so would be up to coach or team to update the SID. Especially if they loss I don't see that happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

I don't believe that's accurate for basketball. Football only.
      Extra year for d1 and d2 basketball even if u play.

Comment

• IUP won 67-56

No stats yet.

Going from giving up 80 to just 56 seems much more like IUP-style defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I'll admit when I'm wrong. That's awesome then! I thought it was only football. And Gannon will have all these frosh for 4 years pending individual departure!

Comment

I'll admit when I'm wrong. That's awesome then! I thought it was only football. And Gannon will have all these frosh for 4 years pending individual departure!
            Scariest thing today. These kids transfer if they get their feelings hurt. It's a transfer culture.

Comment

• I give Joe a lot of credit. It was ballsy to schedule two games against a team that had played a season. This wasn't like playing a team in a similar situation. I think they really butchered the last minute of that game Thursday or they could have won both of them. That's impressive after just 5 or so practices.

I also think Gannon is going to be back to being Gannon here shortly. Jefferson is doing some good things there. He's bringing in good players. You can tell his players like playing for him.

I hope IUP can get another 8 or 10 games in this Spring. No idea who they'll play at this point, but, nonetheless. These games, while meaningless in the record books, are important for next season. You can't emulate games in practice. As we saw, Joe has a lot of new faces. The more of these games the better.

Comment

I give Joe a lot of credit. It was ballsy to schedule two games against a team that had played a season. This wasn't like playing a team in a similar situation. I think they really butchered the last minute of that game Thursday or they could have won both of them. That's impressive after just 5 or so practices.

I also think Gannon is going to be back to being Gannon here shortly. Jefferson is doing some good things there. He's bringing in good players. You can tell his players like playing for him.

I hope IUP can get another 8 or 10 games in this Spring. No idea who they'll play at this point, but, nonetheless. These games, while meaningless in the record books, are important for next season. You can't emulate games in practice. As we saw, Joe has a lot of new faces. The more of these games the better.
                Coach KJ already has a nice list of possible recruits. Definitely hope for Gannon.

Comment

• Sounds like Shawndale and Dylan Benton both again missed the game.

Comment

Sounds like Shawndale and Dylan Benton both again missed the game.
                    Any word if Clancy didn't play for some reason? He's not mentioned in recap at all and they listed players who only had 2 points... would be a very off game for him not to score something

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

That's why not playing doesn't make sense. Basically playing with house money. Freshmen/new starters are earning a TON of experience with almost zero penalty. Practice is practice...exebition games are exebition games...NO replacement for the experience a player gets in basketball games that actually count! You can try to replicate it...but you can't truely replicate it!

Comment

Any word if Clancy didn't play for some reason? He's not mentioned in recap at all and they listed players who only had 2 points... would be a very off game for him not to score something
                        He played and was shut down! No way him and Olsen could stay that hot. Both had career nights on Thursday.

Comment

• Jack Casale, the D3 player with double-digit D2 offers (including IUP), went for 39 points and 22 rebounds in his season debut over the weekend.

He currently has offers from IUP, Slippery Rock, Gannon, Florida Southern, Goldie-Beacon, etc. He'll be a one-year guy for whomever lands him as a grad transfer.

Comment

• IUP is playing Clarion today at the KCAC.

Comment

• Looks like Clarion got enough guys back to play some more. They beat up a D3 the other night.

I can't tell for sure but it looked like from the walk-thru pic on Twitter that both Benton and Shawndale are back.

Obviously when healthy Shawndale is going to play heavy minutes. It should give us a little better idea of the depth chart entering next season.

I looked this morning to see if any other West teams were practicing or planning to play. I didn't find much.

Comment

• Well, it took a week but the most secretive game in IUP basketball history finally has a boxscore.

In the second game against Gannon:

Sulaiman went for 13 points and 11 boards in 24 minutes. This kid is going to be a terror. That's a big stat line in his second college game.

Porterfield - 13 (35 mins stayed out of foul trouble)
                                Demo - 13 (30 mins)
                                Morris - 10 (35 mins)
                                Foster - 5 & 10 boards (31 mins)
                                Radford - 3 (16 mins)
                                Diop - 2 (7 mins)
                                Rhodes - 0 (22 mins)

Did not dress: Shawndale and Benton

IUP shot a dismal 3-23 from deep and just 33% from the field. IUP won the glass 47-38.

Clancy did play for Gannon but was shutout. Gannon also shot way differently than the first game, hitting just 4 of 21 from deep and 6-11 at the line. Jonaitis had 21 and Olsen 10.

From the play-by-play IUP was up 2 at the half but kept a pretty steady 10-12 point margin most of the second half.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X