Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

100% agree and I have nothing to add.
    I fully agree with your agreeance and also have nothing to add.

Comment

• Another recruiting battle with possible IUP ties has emerged.

Caleb Furr (6'7" F from Warrenton, VA's Highland High) has offers from Gannon, Mercyhurst, Millersville, Lander and Chestnut Hill. He has also visited Cal and (this past weekend) IUP (his dad went to IUP).

It doesn't appear as of now that either IUP or Cal has officially offered him.

He's an intriguing prospect for sure, but him coming would mean somebody has to go. Joe's pretty crowded under the basket next year. Even to bring him in with the plan to redshirt him ... somebody likely has to go.

I suspect we will see 2-3 'transfers' show up in the portal (outbound) in the coming days. That's unfortunately part of the business ... only so many spots.

I project we will see a transfer coming in as well as one high school player.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Another recruiting battle with possible IUP ties has emerged.

Caleb Furr (6'7" F from Warrenton, VA's Highland High) has offers from Gannon, Mercyhurst, Millersville, Lander and Chestnut Hill. He has also visited Cal and (this past weekend) IUP (his dad went to IUP).

It doesn't appear as of now that either IUP or Cal has officially offered him.

He's an intriguing prospect for sure, but him coming would mean somebody has to go. Joe's pretty crowded under the basket next year. Even to bring him in with the plan to redshirt him ... somebody likely has to go.

I suspect we will see 2-3 'transfers' show up in the portal (outbound) in the coming days. That's unfortunately part of the business ... only so many spots.

I project we will see a transfer coming in as well as one high school player.
        Always have to look to upgrade!

Comment

Always have to look to upgrade!
          I watched his film. Normal body style for his age. He'd need to put about 20 lbs on to that 6'7" frame but that's typical for D2 high school bigs.

He's a Joe type F/G ... 'stretch four' or whatever the latest term is.

The scholarship salary cap is still 10 max. Even with Covid I haven't seen any temporary increases. So, the money is tight.

I assume Demo, Morris, Armoni and Shawndale are full rides. Porterfield, I've heard, may be on heavy academic money. I'd guess Suliman is a full ride. They really wanted Radford so he may be close, too.

That leaves about 3-4 equivalencies for the rest of the team.

The way Joe plays it justifies full ticket studs rather than several half riders. I mean, only 7-8 are playing anyway.

Comment

• Clarion's Godspower (6'11, 280 lbs) officially in the portal.

I'll never forget one time Chucky ran around a screen right in to him. Chucky went airborne about 7' backward. Literally like running in to a brick wall.

He's not a bad player. Walking double-double in D2. He can actually somewhat move for his size and had nice shooting touch.

He'd be interesting on a good team in spurts.

Comment

I watched his film. Normal body style for his age. He'd need to put about 20 lbs on to that 6'7" frame but that's typical for D2 high school bigs.

He's a Joe type F/G ... 'stretch four' or whatever the latest term is.

The scholarship salary cap is still 10 max. Even with Covid I haven't seen any temporary increases. So, the money is tight.

I assume Demo, Morris, Armoni and Shawndale are full rides. Porterfield, I've heard, may be on heavy academic money. I'd guess Suliman is a full ride. They really wanted Radford so he may be close, too.

That leaves about 3-4 equivalencies for the rest of the team.

The way Joe plays it justifies full ticket studs rather than several half riders. I mean, only 7-8 are playing anyway.
              You misspelled 5-6 lol

Comment

• According to Joe's Twitter, they scrimmaged Seton Hill recently. Any word from that?

Comment

According to Joe's Twitter, they scrimmaged Seton Hill recently. Any word from that?
                  Unlike the other 'games' I think this was really just a practice. I saw they didn't even wear their uniforms.

As close as Seton Hill is to Indiana, hopefully they can get a couple more in together. It's a nice break from practicing against yourself for months.

I actually wonder if some of the other teams -- the transfer centers -- have enough guys ready to even practice.

Comment

• Update on the recruiting front: Jack Casale just completed his teams final game of the season. So, I suspect his announcement will be coming any day. I didn't think he'd commit during the season. It appears he's up to (11) D2 offers -- some big-name ones (IUP and Florida Southern) and several decent programs.

Comment

Unlike the other 'games' I think this was really just a practice. I saw they didn't even wear their uniforms.

As close as Seton Hill is to Indiana, hopefully they can get a couple more in together. It's a nice break from practicing against yourself for months.

I actually wonder if some of the other teams -- the transfer centers -- have enough guys ready to even practice.
                      So how did IUP do in "games" this year? Last I checked they were .500.

Comment

• 2-1

Butchered the ending of the first game after 6 practices and two players out with protocol.

Comment

• Jack Casale picked Florida Southern.

Comment

Jack Casale picked Florida Southern.
                            Hope it turns out to be a mistake... hahahaha

Comment

Hope it turns out to be a mistake... hahahaha
                              Joe's biggest off-season accomplishment is likely keeping everybody here. Lot of superstars left the Atlantic in the past month -- Bonner, Bolon, John Williams, Mercyhurst lost two studs, etc.

Comment

Joe's biggest off-season accomplishment is likely keeping everybody here. Lot of superstars left the Atlantic in the past month -- Bonner, Bolon, John Williams, Mercyhurst lost two studs, etc.
                                Getting some action from Demo was a start!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X