Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Getting some action from Demo was a start!
    He needs to transfer to Pitt. I might know somebody.

Comment

• Joe hasn't signed anybody yet in this recruiting cycle. The lone confirmed offer selected Florida Southern. I thought he was going to be a long-shot just because he's a grad transfer and wouldn't have started here.

Looking at the current roster from a salary cap perspective, ... well, you can't keep everybody if you want to sign anybody new.

As it stands today:

Likely 21-22:

Rotation (for sure): Morris, Armoni, Sulaiman, Porterfield, Demo, Shawndale

Minutes: Radford, Diop, KJ, Benton

Bench (or redshirt): Polce, Cordon, Burk

I don't know how the money is split up, but I'd assume Joe's maxed and possibly 1-2 on some academic money. Just guessing but the rotation group is all full ticket. So, that's (6) equivalencies. The rest is divided up. They recruited Radford really hard so he's likely a full ride guy, too. Possibly KJ as well.

There's going to be a lot of temptation to add somebody with the abundance of quality players available in the portal. I suspect we may soon see 1-2 guys not in the immediate plans hit the portal in the near future.

Or, they go in to next year as is. But, being they went after Casale I'm assuming he's looking to add one more piece. As we saw with Shawndale out (and with all young backups) it puts too much heat on Armoni. I don't think they can risk going in to next year 'as is'.

Comment

• Looking ahead a bit ... the Shippensburg at IUP game in early December could be a huge one. Both teams return a ton and neither has been hit with the transfer pandemic. That should be quite an atmosphere. It's scheduled for Saturday night in the KCAC.

Ship's last visit to Indiana was a couple years ago inside the Memorial Field House -- one of the best atmosphere's of the past decade.

The Red Raiders are the only team in the PSAC aside from IUP that actually travels well.

Ship star Jake Biss hasn't officially said he's coming back yet. Word was he's been toying with going across the pond. But, by this time of the year, I'd assume he's staying.

Comment

• May be some (good) news today. Stay tuned.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            May be some (good) news today. Stay tuned.
            Sooooooo...??

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Sooooooo...??
              Mind your business...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Mind your business...
                LOL. Wait until the ink dries. Until then nothing is official.

Comment

LOL. Wait until the ink dries. Until then nothing is official.
                  Doesn't matter if the ink is dried or not...Once signed, it's official.

Comment

• Simon Wright entered the portal.

Grad Transfer from Elon

SF / 6'7"

IUP has a very strong connection there.

Go get 'em.

Comment

Simon Wright entered the portal.

Grad Transfer from Elon

SF / 6'7"

IUP has a very strong connection there.

Go get 'em.
                      Didn't age well. He signed with Maryland today.

Comment

• IUP has signed 6'4" PG/SG Dallis Dillard out of the Bronx, NY.

Comment

IUP has signed 6'4" PG/SG Dallis Dillard out of the Bronx, NY.

Comment

• He looks like a Joe-type guard -- big, quick, good shooter and actually plays defense.

I think Benton is retiring. He just graduated. I still think there will be one more add (transfer).

Comment

• IUP is again hosting its Tip-Off Tournament this year. Looks like things will get started on Friday night, Nov. 12 and again the next night.

IUP will also host its annual Thanksgiving Tournament on Sat. Nov. 27 and Sun. Nov. 28.

UPJ, as usual, will play in both although obviously not against IUP. The guests for the two tournaments are TBA.

Comment

• IUP has offered Dolan Waldo (Bethel Park - Class of '22) after his recent visit.

He's a 6'7" (and growing) do-it-all forward who plays with a chip on his shoulders. Not sure if they'll get him ... his stock is rising fast ... possibly a D1 guy by next Fall.

Very rare for Joe to offer somebody this early.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X