Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP has offered Dolan Waldo (Bethel Park - Class of '22) after his recent visit.

He's a 6'7" (and growing) do-it-all forward who plays with a chip on his shoulders. Not sure if they'll get him ... his stock is rising fast ... possibly a D1 guy by next Fall.

Very rare for Joe to offer somebody this early.
    So the question on signing day will be: "Where's Waldo?"

Comment

• We have a marquee non-conference game scheduled.

Virginia State will visit the KCAC on Saturday, Nov. 27.

Comment

• Joe must have laid the charm on Waldo. He picked IUP over Youngstown State, Lehigh and UNC Wilmington. Fairmont State also offered.

Comment

Joe must have laid the charm on Waldo. He picked IUP over Youngstown State, Lehigh and UNC Wilmington. Fairmont State also offered.
          Of those programs only YSU is within driving distance for family to attend games as often as they'd like plus additional road games at Cal, SRU, Seton Hill, etc. Probably a free ride too just like the others or maybe not. Who knows. He's a great get. Plays on a pretty strong AAU team too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Of those programs only YSU is within driving distance for family to attend games as often as they'd like plus additional road games at Cal, SRU, Seton Hill, etc. Probably a free ride too just like the others or maybe not. Who knows. He's a great get. Plays on a pretty strong AAU team too.
            Has to be a full ride, no? All the Division I's would be full rides, so can't imagine he made a choice to pay for school. Couple of those offers are strong. Nice get for IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Has to be a full ride, no? All the Division I's would be full rides, so can't imagine he made a choice to pay for school. Couple of those offers are strong. Nice get for IUP.
              Not necessarily scholarship though. At this stage in the game, sometimes PWO are listed as "offers". There are 13 full scholarships but 15 roster spots. Who knows - its not public knowledge unless someone talks.

But I think family being within driving distance of nearly all games is a big deal and for the most part says he's concerned with things more than just playing D1 basketball. Plus he could potentially play for a championship at IUP - that's not happening at any of those other schools. Bus rides to Slippery Rock or Gannon with mom waiting in the stands are probably a lot better than a bus ride to Holy Cross or Illinois State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Not necessarily scholarship though. At this stage in the game, sometimes PWO are listed as "offers". There are 13 full scholarships but 15 roster spots. Who knows - its not public knowledge unless someone talks.

But I think family being within driving distance of nearly all games is a big deal and for the most part says he's concerned with things more than just playing D1 basketball. Plus he could potentially play for a championship at IUP - that's not happening at any of those other schools. Bus rides to Slippery Rock or Gannon with mom waiting in the stands are probably a lot better than a bus ride to Holy Cross or Illinois State.
                I guess my point is I don't understand why someone would commit to a partial DII scholarship offer the summer before their senior year of high school. Doesn't make sense if you have Division I recruitment, regardless of whether those offers are legitimate and committable. You have almost a whole recruiting cycle remaining until you enroll, especially for high level Division II.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

I guess my point is I don't understand why someone would commit to a partial DII scholarship offer the summer before their senior year of high school. Doesn't make sense if you have Division I recruitment, regardless of whether those offers are legitimate and committable. You have almost a whole recruiting cycle remaining until you enroll, especially for high level Division II.

Comment

• You mean 2023. Joe will redshirt him. Lol.

Comment

You mean 2023. Joe will redshirt him. Lol.
                      Funny but could be true! Lol

Comment

• The Dallis signing went (IUP) Twitter official today.

Comment

• Concord is confirmed for the IUP Tip-Off on opening weekend (along with UPJ). The fourth team is TBD.

No word if IUP will play Concord the first night or the second.

This will be Concord's third time attending the event. IUP has gone 2-0 in the series but both games have been competitive (IUP won by 11 and 7 points).

Comment

• I was expecting to see one more transfer added but as of now (and, it's getting late) it appears Dallis Dillard is the recruiting class. Of note, Joe has had a couple August signings during his tenure (and the roster isn't posted yet).

As of today, the 2021-22 roster is:

Guard

Dave Morris
                            Armoni Foster
                            KJ Rhodes
                            Shawndale Jones
                            Bryce Radford
                            Enrique Cordon
                            Kyle Polce
                            Dallis Dillard

Tomiwa Sulaiman
                            Tommy Demogerontas
                            Ethan Porterfield
                            Ousmane Diop
                            Nolan Burk

Assuming history repeats and we go with a 7-man rotation, the first (6) are obvious (Morris, Armoni, Shawndale, Demo, Sulaiman and Porterfield).

I know the 6'10" Diop will play minutes but I see him in a defensive stopper role this year ... likely about 8-10 mpg (that may be all it takes to foul out ... and sometimes that will be the role).

Question is who will be the 7th Man? I'd bet on Radford over KJ at this point. Not ruling out Dillard but, well, they call him Redshirt Joe for a reason.

Comment

• The Dillard signing is very interesting. The kid is athletic and looks like he can shoot a little. He kind of reminds me of Armoni a few years back when he first signed with IUP. Not quite physically developed but has all the tools.

I'm not sold on KJ yet. Those hand full of games in the spring showed me he's got a lot of work to do.

Radford can shoot, he's got the defensive awareness but he's a liability with his size. Teams will work to get the size match up against him.

Diop is the hack... every winning team has one and needs one.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                                The Dillard signing is very interesting. The kid is athletic and looks like he can shoot a little. He kind of reminds me of Armoni a few years back when he first signed with IUP. Not quite physically developed but has all the tools.

I'm not sold on KJ yet. Those hand full of games in the spring showed me he's got a lot of work to do.

Radford can shoot, he's got the defensive awareness but he's a liability with his size. Teams will work to get the size match up against him.

Diop is the hack... every winning team has one and needs one.
                                Well, with Shawndale now back (missed Spring) ... KJ and Bryce will likely hardly see the floor. Armoni and Morris will play 37 mpg. I'd put Shawndale at 34 mpg. That doesn't leave much PT for them.

I like Bryce (for now) in stints as that long-range bomber.

Diop is a hack but he has some upside. He can really fly for his size.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X