Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce Laskey has left St. Francis.

He was a very prolific high school player at Uniontown.

Not sure if there is a spot but I'd love for Joe to sign him.

6'5" SG

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Bryce Laskey has left St. Francis.

6'5" SG
      Always room for one more. hahaha

Comment

Bryce Laskey has left St. Francis.

6'5" SG
        Yeah but would he redshirt midway through is career? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah but would he redshirt midway through is career? lol

Great question (particularly with our program), ... but, he already took a redshirt year at St. Francis.

He actually played pretty well in their upset of Pitt last year. He's a fringe D1 player but would be a prototype D2 shooting guard.

Odd thing is hitting the portal this late in the year. Most rosters are full right now.

I think Joe does have space for him. Money, of course, is a different topic.

This is the one position I've thought they needed to address via transfer all offseason.

Comment

Great question (particularly with our program), ... but, he already took a redshirt year at St. Francis.

He actually played pretty well in their upset of Pitt last year. He's a fringe D1 player but would be a prototype D2 shooting guard.

Odd thing is hitting the portal this late in the year. Most rosters are full right now.

This is the one position I've thought they needed to address via transfer all offseason.
            Get another job and fork up the cash!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Get another job and fork up the cash!

Pending any surprises, they have (13) on the roster right now. Polce and Cordon will likely both take this as their official redshirt season.

Adding an impact SG would obviously bury KJ and Radford on the deep bench for this season. But, if they could get Laskey ... get him. He has two years' eligibility.

Comment

FYI..."redshirt" at the DII level really doesn't exist...It's a D1 thing. At a D1, a player has a 5 year clock to complete 4 "competative" seasons. Once the clock starts, it runs regardless of weather the player plays or not (It ALSO continues to run even if the student leaves school). The "non-playing" year is called a redshirt year. In DII a player has 10 semesters to complete 4 competative seasons. And there is no 5 year clock. A player could partisipate and play his freshman year (2 total semesters and 1 competative season) then take two years off and come back with 8 available semesters and 3 competative seasons remaining.

Don't know the history of the guy you are talking about but if he took a legit D1 redshirt, he will probably have 8 total semesters and 4 competative seasons available weather he starts play this coming year OR waits until next year.
                Last edited by boatcapt; 08-02-2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I was expecting to see one more transfer added but as of now (and, it's getting late) it appears Dallis Dillard is the recruiting class. Of note, Joe has had a couple August signings during his tenure (and the roster isn't posted yet).

As of today, the 2021-22 roster is:

Guard

Dave Morris
                  Armoni Foster
                  KJ Rhodes
                  Shawndale Jones
                  Bryce Radford
                  Enrique Cordon
                  Kyle Polce
                  Dallis Dillard

Tomiwa Sulaiman
                  Tommy Demogerontas
                  Ethan Porterfield
                  Ousmane Diop
                  Nolan Burk

Assuming history repeats and we go with a 7-man rotation, the first (6) are obvious (Morris, Armoni, Shawndale, Demo, Sulaiman and Porterfield).

I know the 6'10" Diop will play minutes but I see him in a defensive stopper role this year ... likely about 8-10 mpg (that may be all it takes to foul out ... and sometimes that will be the role).

Question is who will be the 7th Man? I'd bet on Radford over KJ at this point. Not ruling out Dillard but, well, they call him Redshirt Joe for a reason.
                  Twitter official today... IUP signed Damir Brooks from NYC!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Twitter official today... IUP signed Damir Brooks from NYC!
                    Interesting

However ... does a mid-August signing mean somebodt left?

Comment

Interesting

However ... does a mid-August signing mean somebodt left?

Comment

• So is nobody left then the roster is at 15 with Faulk and Brooks added to your list.

Comment

• Wonder whom the connection is in NYC ...

I'll do some digging on this latest player.

I did have a feeling something was happening as the roster is usually up by this time of the year.

Comment

• Brooks is 6'6" and appears to be around 215 lbs. He played G/F in high school and graduated in the class of 2020. He spent last year at Vision Academy NYC (post grad).

He's certainly a rim attacker and strong defender. His tape will remind you of Tevin Hanner.

Nice thing is he isn't a 'true freshmen' -- he's had that extra year to develop his body/game.

I suspect he's in the mix (to some extent) this season.

Extremely interested to see Joe's rotation this year. He hasn't had a team this deep in a long time. And, we know the dream rotation is iron man.

But, assuming Armoni, Morris and Shawndale rarely leave the floor at the guard positions, it does give him (5) solid post players. I think the battle for being the 4th and 5th guard is going to be interesting.

Comment

Brooks is 6'6" and appears to be around 215 lbs. He played G/F in high school and graduated in the class of 2020. He spent last year at Vision Academy NYC (post grad).

He's certainly a rim attacker and strong defender. His tape will remind you of Tevin Hanner.

Nice thing is he isn't a 'true freshmen' -- he's had that extra year to develop his body/game.

I suspect he's in the mix (to some extent) this season.

Extremely interested to see Joe's rotation this year. He hasn't had a team this deep in a long time. And, we know the dream rotation is iron man.

But, assuming Armoni, Morris and Shawndale rarely leave the floor at the guard positions, it does give him (5) solid post players. I think the battle for being the 4th and 5th guard is going to be interesting.
                              This team is surely shaping up to be exciting!

Comment

• Some new info on the schedule:

Teams attending the IUP Tip-Off: UPJ, Concord, West Virginia Wesleyan

Teams attending the IUP Thanksgiving Weekend: Salem, Virginia State, UPJ

Obviously, IUP will not play UPJ at these events.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X