Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Salem played a game last night. In the recap today, this was the last sentence:

Up Next
    The Tigers will compete in their last game before the break at Lake Erie College on Wednesday at 2 p.m.

It sure doesn't sound like they know they are on the IUP schedule this weekend. LOL. WTF is going on? This is really strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      So, Salem played a game last night. In the recap today, this was the last sentence:

Up Next
      The Tigers will compete in their last game before the break at Lake Erie College on Wednesday at 2 p.m.

It sure doesn't sound like they know they are on the IUP schedule this weekend. LOL. WTF is going on? This is really strange.
      Has anyone contacted them? Seriously! VSU was added later. We thought Salem was the sure shot in team. Wtf???

Comment

• IUP's schedule for Sunday now reads:

IUP vs TBD

As expected, it appears Salem isn't coming.

Wonder if they can find a game on short notice.

Comment

IUP's schedule for Sunday now reads:

IUP vs TBD

If this is all true, that's a HUGE blunder on the part of someone who's job is ostensibly to schedule and coordinate these games. Not sure which school (Salem would be a reasonable guess, though) or employee dropped the ball on this, but that's a big-time embarrassment for somebody.

After a full slate of games last night across several of these leagues, most teams have probably dismissed their guys for the holiday weekend at this point. I'm not sure IUP will get it filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

If this is all true, that's a HUGE blunder on the part of someone who's job is ostensibly to schedule and coordinate these games. Not sure which school (Salem would be a reasonable guess, though) or employee dropped the ball on this, but that's a big-time embarrassment for somebody.

After a full slate of games last night across several of these leagues, most teams have probably dismissed their guys for the holiday weekend at this point. I'm not sure IUP will get it filled.
            I doubt it, too. I think each team has a limit on games allowed per regular season (any idea what the D2 limit is)? I think it is 28 or 29. So, most teams have full schedules set.

It's definitely real because as we've been pointing out all week Salem didn't have it on the schedule and is in the midst of 3 road games in 8 days. That would have made 5 road games in 8 days - and put Salem at 30 games.

Add to it IUP altered the schedule yesterday to TBD for Sunday ... it's true and there is a major screw up somewhere.

Probably the only thing they might be able to find is a D3 team.

UPJ likely gets a say in the opponent, also, at this point as it now effects them, too. UPJ was to play Salem on Saturday.

Comment

I doubt it, too. I think each team has a limit on games allowed per regular season (any idea what the D2 limit is)? I think it is 28 or 29. So, most teams have full schedules set.

It's definitely real because as we've been pointing out all week Salem didn't have it on the schedule and is in the midst of 3 road games in 8 days. That would have made 5 road games in 8 days - and put Salem at 30 games.

Add to it IUP altered the schedule yesterday to TBD for Sunday ... it's true and there is a major screw up somewhere.

Probably the only thing they might be able to find is a D3 team.

UPJ likely gets a say in the opponent, also, at this point as it now effects them, too. UPJ was to play Salem on Saturday.
              What a mess.

And you're right. Somebody like PSU-Fayette might be all they can muster at this point. Which will be a real waste of a Thanksgiving weekend for IUP & UPJ. I repeat: what a mess. And a real black eye for Salem--an independent who relies on fostering good relationships with other programs just to get games!

Comment

IUP's schedule for Sunday now reads:

IUP vs TBD

Comment

• Westminster

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                    Westminster
                    Bethany is available (in theory). PSU-Altoona and Pitt-Greensburg are booked.

Bethany and Westminster did come here in 2018 and 2019.

Comment

• Comment

• The issue is there is a set limit of games a D2 team is allowed to play in the regular season. I'd assume most are maxed out, schedule-wise. There are some exceptions for these 'tournament' weekends but I don't know all the details.

Fairmont State is off. Turn this into a mini-Regional.

I know starting Saturday, IUP starts a brutal stretch.

Virginia State
                        TBD - Sunday
                        @ Kutztown
                        @ West Chester
                        Millersville
                        Shepherd
                        Shippensburg
                        XMAS BREAK
                        @ California

Comment

• Confirmed in the Gazette today. Salem isn't coming. The article said, essentially, Salem 'overbooked' its schedule and coming here would put them over the max games allowed.

As of today, IUP has not found a replacement.

Comment

Confirmed in the Gazette today. Salem isn't coming. The article said, essentially, Salem 'overbooked' its schedule and coming here would put them over the max games allowed.

As of today, IUP has not found a replacement.
                            Salem should never be put on another IUP schedule for this BS! F them!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Salem should never be put on another IUP schedule for this BS! F them!!!
                              I would agree. Blackball them for all future scheduling. This is inexcusable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I would agree. Blackball them for all future scheduling. This is inexcusable.
                                Irony ... Salem women play at KCAC today.

Tom should run it up !

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X