Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millersville is a good team. That final score was deceptive. They were within 6 numerous times, including with just 5 or so mins left. IUP just halted every run they made and then ended the game on a 20-3 blitz.

But, that was the best team IUP has played this year. They are for real. IUP's defense was superb tonight and altered so many shots. Holding that team to 58 is impressive.

The Dallis Dillard debut ... he can defend. Once the deer in the headlights thing vanished in the second half you could see the upside. His role will keep expanding.

I also thought that was Suliaman's best game at IUP by a mile. He was guarding PGs tonight. He's an athletic freak. Tort would die to have him at TE, DE or WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Here's my beef:

Up 20+ with 60 seconds left. Get those guys the freak out of the game. Put in the ushers. Whomever.

They dodged a bullet with David's breakaway. He's fortunate he only got poked in the eye. Not worth the risk crashing the bucket 1 against 3 in that situation.

Comment

• Joe's off the hook. Coppin State forgot its uniforms tonight.

Legend has it the IUP equipment manager hasn't been seen since that night in Edinboro a couple years back. He may still be locked inside McComb.

Comment

• My heart is still sad about Shawndale, but Foster, Morris, Demo and Porterfield are all top notch players at this level. You can go a long way with 4 players of that caliber complimented by guys who grow into their roles.

Comment

Here's my beef:

Up 20+ with 60 seconds left. Get those guys the freak out of the game. Put in the ushers. Whomever.

They dodged a bullet with David's breakaway. He's fortunate he only got poked in the eye. Not worth the risk crashing the bucket 1 against 3 in that situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
              Officiating. Ugh. Just awful. Embarrassing at times. The crowd was pretty solid as the community continues to come out and support the team strongly with the students on break.

That particular crew is bad game after game after game after game. They are the 'we're the show' trio and think people are actually there to watch them. Millersville's coach about lost his mind last night with them. Joe was as fired up as he's been all season. Add to it the one guy is far too old and out of shape to be officiating college basketball. The game is way too fast and he's out of position constantly -- making blind calls he can't properly see, etc. What happens (every game he officiates) is he makes a horrendous, out-of-position call. Said coach freaks on him. Next time down he makes an equally horrendous call on the other team to make up for it.

I assume (hope?) they keep stats on each crew. If that isn't the most whistle-happy trio per game, I'd be shocked. I doubt the PSAC actually grades crews like they do in D1 and the NBA, but these clowns would get an F-

Comment

• The impression I got of Joe's game management was he knew his starters could stretch the lead. Did you notice every time they got it up to 11-14 points he'd go with the (4) freshman lineup? Millersville would then cut it back to 6 points and then Joe would put the main 3-4 guys back in the game. They'd stretch it again, ... repeat sequence. Millersville cut it to 6 points 3 or 4 times in the second half but it was always when guys were resting.

I doubt that was the actual plan but because of the zebra crew he had to get creative with managing foul trouble.

I'd agree Polce and Dillard both are very strong defenders. Dillard has nice size and is really quick. It was neat to see him come alive as the game went on (once the lost puppy thing went away). I think he's going to be fun to watch as the year wears along. Give him a lot of credit. It's tough to make your career debut in Game 8 and against a tough opponent. Polce is deceptively big. He's a strong dude at 6'2".

Only thing I didn't agree with is I'd have brought Diop in way earlier than he did. He can buy you some minutes here an there and has a knack for making things happen.

Funny you look at the box score and Sulaiman had just (1) point. But that sure doesn't tell the story. He had some dudes rattled as you said. He's so strong and quick along with that wingspan that he can really frustrate opponents. And, yes, he plays with a little attitude. That was the game I was waiting for all year out of him. He doesn't need to score to have a major impact. He can be there version of Dennis Rodman. And, he is also just a freshman.

Comment

That particular crew is bad game after game after game after game. They are the 'we're the show' trio and think people are actually there to watch them. Millersville's coach about lost his mind last night with them. Joe was as fired up as he's been all season. Add to it the one guy is far too old and out of shape to be officiating college basketball. The game is way too fast and he's out of position constantly -- making blind calls he can't properly see, etc. What happens (every game he officiates) is he makes a horrendous, out-of-position call. Said coach freaks on him. Next time down he makes an equally horrendous call on the other team to make up for it.

I assume (hope?) they keep stats on each crew. If that isn't the most whistle-happy trio per game, I'd be shocked. I doubt the PSAC actually grades crews like they do in D1 and the NBA, but these clowns would get an F-
                  The officiating may have been bad, but as someone who watches Eastern Division games I can assure you the Millersville coach about loses his mind every game. He's one of those guys you especially love to beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The officiating may have been bad, but as someone who watches Eastern Division games I can assure you the Millersville coach about loses his mind every game. He's one of those guys you especially love to beat.
                    Oh we know... he's fun to heckle!

Comment

• Big weekend ahead. We know the Shippensburg visit Sunday is always a much-anticipated game.

But, before that, a tough Shepherd team comes to town Saturday.

The Rams are 5-4 (having lost 3 of their past 4 outings), but are a couple points away from a much better record.

Losses:

Fayetteville State, 57-56 (OT)

Gannon, 68-60

Virginia Union, 56-54

@ UPJ, 65-64

Shepherd is giving up just 63.6 ppg (second best in the PSAC). Conversely, however, the Rams are scoring just 68.7 ppg (second worst in the PSAC). Last night, Shepherd held a pretty strong UPJ team to just 65 points -- 18 below its average.

So, certainly not a team to overlook prior to Sunday.

IUP won the only ever match-up between the two teams, 76-62, in 2019. The Rams were up at the half, and IUP was then up just 1 point with less than 5 minutes to play. IUP ended the game on a 17-4 run.

???????The pace Shepherd likes to play should actually favor the new-look IUP lineup.

Comment

Big weekend ahead. We know the Shippensburg visit Sunday is always a much-anticipated game.

The Rams are 5-4 (having lost 3 of their past 4 outings), but are a couple points away from a much better record.

Losses:

Gannon, 68-60

Virginia Union, 56-54

@ UPJ, 65-64

Shepherd is giving up just 63.6 ppg (second best in the PSAC). Conversely, however, the Rams are scoring just 68.7 ppg (second worst in the PSAC). Last night, Shepherd held a pretty strong UPJ team to just 65 points -- 18 below its average.

IUP won the only ever match-up between the two teams, 76-62, in 2019. The Rams were up at the half, and IUP was then up just 1 point with less than 5 minutes to play. IUP ended the game on a 17-4 run.

The pace Shepherd likes to play should actually favor the new-look IUP lineup.
                        I'm not necessarily certain that IUP should play the slower tempo against Shep. That's what they do best. I actually like the idea of making them run. Shep isn't a deep team. Wear the out!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm not necessarily certain that IUP should play the slower tempo against Shep. That's what they do best. I actually like the idea of making them run. Shep isn't a deep team. Wear the out!!!
                          Yeah, I'd agree.

But, I will say from their scores, Shepherd must be doing something right on defense. They've kept some pretty good teams well below their averages.

Should be two good games this weekend leading up to the NYE Showdown with Pitt-Greensburg.

Comment

Big weekend ahead. We know the Shippensburg visit Sunday is always a much-anticipated game.

Losses:

Gannon, 68-60

Virginia Union, 56-54

@ UPJ, 65-64

The pace Shepherd likes to play should actually favor the new-look IUP lineup.
                            Ship's shooting is going to have to pick up if they're going to have much of a shot against you guys, especially at your place. Biss looked as if he was moving pretty well Tuesday night, but it'll take him a couple of games to get sharp (missed about 3-4 shots under the basket he normally would have had). The three-point shooting has been ragged at times. The team looks slightly out of sync, which is not unexpected with the lineup getting readjusted to Biss. Obviously I'm hoping to be wrong, but I don't think this weekend will be kind to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Ship's shooting is going to have to pick up if they're going to have much of a shot against you guys, especially at your place. Biss looked as if he was moving pretty well Tuesday night, but it'll take him a couple of games to get sharp (missed about 3-4 shots under the basket he normally would have had). The three-point shooting has been ragged at times. The team looks slightly out of sync, which is not unexpected with the lineup getting readjusted to Biss. Obviously I'm hoping to be wrong, but I don't think this weekend will be kind to us.
                              Both teams have a nice little tussle ahead prior to meeting on Sunday. That's a tough weekend road trip for the Raiders.

Comment

The impression I got of Joe's game management was he knew his starters could stretch the lead. Did you notice every time they got it up to 11-14 points he'd go with the (4) freshman lineup? Millersville would then cut it back to 6 points and then Joe would put the main 3-4 guys back in the game. They'd stretch it again, ... repeat sequence. Millersville cut it to 6 points 3 or 4 times in the second half but it was always when guys were resting.

I doubt that was the actual plan but because of the zebra crew he had to get creative with managing foul trouble.

I'd agree Polce and Dillard both are very strong defenders. Dillard has nice size and is really quick. It was neat to see him come alive as the game went on (once the lost puppy thing went away). I think he's going to be fun to watch as the year wears along. Give him a lot of credit. It's tough to make your career debut in Game 8 and against a tough opponent. Polce is deceptively big. He's a strong dude at 6'2".

Only thing I didn't agree with is I'd have brought Diop in way earlier than he did. He can buy you some minutes here an there and has a knack for making things happen.

Funny you look at the box score and Sulaiman had just (1) point. But that sure doesn't tell the story. He had some dudes rattled as you said. He's so strong and quick along with that wingspan that he can really frustrate opponents. And, yes, he plays with a little attitude. That was the game I was waiting for all year out of him. He doesn't need to score to have a major impact. He can be there version of Dennis Rodman. And, he is also just a freshman.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X