Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unfortunate part of the UPG game was Radford was in a boot and Dallis Dillard also left injured. That was the perfect game for both of them to play heavy minutes. No timetable was given on Radford but it doesn't sound season-ending serious. Dillard's injury wasn't a new one but a lingering one. He was iced up most of the second half.

Ethan Porterfield also left early with a tweaked ankle. He was sick entering the game. Jack and Tony said after they felt he'd have played on had it been a bigger game, so, it doesn't sound very serious.

That was a stat-stuffer game but Kyle Polce did have an excellent outing. His confidence is visibly growing with each game. He's starting to 'play' now and not so much react/play. Whatever they have left in them this year ... he's a huge piece of it. They need 7-8 ppg out of him and for him to stay on the floor as a top defender.

Ousmane Diop put on quite a show with 4-5 big dunks. He's making it harder for Joe not to play him. I think he's ready for an upgraded role. He's far from a finished product, but with his size/speed, he just has a way of being involved in everything.

Comment

• FYI ... the game at Cal on Wednesday will now tip at 5:30 p.m.

It was moved up two hours since there is no longer a women's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        FYI ... the game at Cal on Wednesday will now tip at 5:30 p.m.

It was moved up two hours since there is no longer a women's game.
        No women???? Covid? Did I miss that?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

No women???? Covid? Did I miss that?
            Yeah. Covid apparently in the Cal program.

Comment

This is not going to get any better soon. Could effect a lot of games and possibly fan attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

This is not going to get any better soon. Could effect a lot of games and possibly fan attendance.
                It's not like football. You could lose 4-5 guys in football and still play. It's going to get sloppy with regular students returning to campus.

Comment

Comment

It's not like football. You could lose 4-5 guys in football and still play. It's going to get sloppy with regular students returning to campus.
                    Basketball often lives together and you could easily lose 3-5 players from one testing positive simply by proximity.

Comment

• A big 5-game stretch starts tomorrow in the Mon Valley for IUP. Joe held on to the No. 10 spot in the latest national poll, although I don't think many actually think they are still a Top 10 team.

In order:

@ California - This trip to the Angelo Dome will be a tough one. A month ago, I'd have never thought I'd be saying this, but guard Kyle Polce is a real key for IUP to leave town with a win. While he hasn't been much of a scoring threat, he can score the ball. His defense will be extremely valuable against a potent Vulcans' lineup. He cannot have a Shippensburg repeat and watch the game from the bench. If he does, and Joe has to reach deeper in to the now-banged-up SRP, it may be a rough night. I'd call this game a toss-up. IUP is deeper underneath. Cal may be deeper overall. I suspect with students gone ... there should be a rousing crowd of about 85-90 people in Angelo's 6,000-seat dome. Danny's going to try and play fast. Joe is going to try and play slow. This is going to be a good one.

@ Lock Haven - This is the 'trap' game of the stretch. The Bald Eagles play well at home, and have also given Mercyhurst and Gannon tough games this season. Interesting side note: they typically don't have a play-by-play crew on the video feeds at Lock Haven. But, based on what we often get stuck listening to, it's not actually a bad thing. The only bad thing is the camera operator frequently forgets to switch the view from one end of the court to the other.

Slippery Rock - A rare Monday night game inside the KCAC. SRU will be looking to finally snap its losing streak in Indiana -- dating back to 1991. The Rock has looked good to this point.

@ Mercyhurst - IUP has gone 7-3 against the Lakers in the past 10 meetings. But, no trip to the MAC is easy.

Gannon - The Knights are a sleeper in the West race. They are going to win some big games this year. Health issues have been a problem thus far.

Those final three come in a quick span (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday). That's three really tough games in 6 days.

Based on the circumstances, and the questions surrounding the third guard spot, I'd be pretty thrilled with 4-1 over these next 5 games. I'm thinking 3-2 is more likely. They have to get one of the Cal/Mercy road games. I don't suspect they win both. They could actually lose both.

Comment

A big 5-game stretch starts tomorrow in the Mon Valley for IUP. Joe held on to the No. 10 spot in the latest national poll, although I don't think many actually think they are still a Top 10 team.

In order:

@ California - This trip to the Angelo Dome will be a tough one. A month ago, I'd have never thought I'd be saying this, but guard Kyle Polce is a real key for IUP to leave town with a win. While he hasn't been much of a scoring threat, he can score the ball. His defense will be extremely valuable against a potent Vulcans' lineup. He cannot have a Shippensburg repeat and watch the game from the bench. If he does, and Joe has to reach deeper in to the now-banged-up SRP, it may be a rough night. I'd call this game a toss-up. IUP is deeper underneath. Cal may be deeper overall. I suspect with students gone ... there should be a rousing crowd of about 85-90 people in Angelo's 6,000-seat dome. Danny's going to try and play fast. Joe is going to try and play slow. This is going to be a good one.

@ Lock Haven - This is the 'trap' game of the stretch. The Bald Eagles play well at home, and have also given Mercyhurst and Gannon tough games this season. Interesting side note: they typically don't have a play-by-play crew on the video feeds at Lock Haven. But, based on what we often get stuck listening to, it's not actually a bad thing. The only bad thing is the camera operator frequently forgets to switch the view from one end of the court to the other.

Slippery Rock - A rare Monday night game inside the KCAC. SRU will be looking to finally snap its losing streak in Indiana -- dating back to 1991. The Rock has looked good to this point.

@ Mercyhurst - IUP has gone 7-3 against the Lakers in the past 10 meetings. But, no trip to the MAC is easy.

Gannon - The Knights are a sleeper in the West race. They are going to win some big games this year. Health issues have been a problem thus far.

Those final three come in a quick span (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday). That's three really tough games in 6 days.

Based on the circumstances, and the questions surrounding the third guard spot, I'd be pretty thrilled with 4-1 over these next 5 games. I'm thinking 3-2 is more likely. They have to get one of the Cal/Mercy road games. I don't suspect they win both. They could actually lose both.

Comment

• They have to get some guys rolling.

Demo needs to show that ability to take over a game (like we saw when he first got here). He's had a mixed bag of games this year. He has to cut down on his turnovers. They don't need him to be 1984 Magic Johnson.

If he gets rolling it will do wonders for Armoni and David.

I'd also like to see Tomiwa Sulaiman put together a nice string of games. He's shown flashes. He doesn't need to score (much) but he has the ability to be a major disruption on defense and on the glass.

This is also David's chance to finally be a big scorer here. It's in there ... just want to see him cut it loose.

This will be Game 5 without Shawndale. The adjustments to the lineup should be starting to come together a bit better.

They'll still be a tough team every night. They just won't be blowing people out very often like we saw in the first 7 games.

I just hope Polce can go about 25 minutes tomorrow. Give Dillard/Radford the other 15.

Comment

• Joe's playing 5 on 4 again. Not an ounce of production out of 5th spot. Ugly half.

Comment

Joe's playing 5 on 4 again. Not an ounce of production out of 5th spot. Ugly half.
                              Correct! Add to it the horrific turnovers trying to get the ball to the paint.

Comment

• Whatever the F Joe said at halftime ... wow.

What a different team.

Great road win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X