Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest part of this game ... with Shawndale they win this game by 25+

But ... that's a season maybe we'll see next year.

To go up there against Manchel full strength and win ... has to be one of Joe's best wins of his tenure.

Comment

• Comment

• Diop is a mystery.

Come on, Joe. Let that big dog eat.

If he's not ready for 5-7 mpg why the hell is he here?

And, yes, Polce is going to be a star. Eventually.

Comment

• That was the most scoring production Joe's received outside of the Top 4 since this new stretch began. Hopefully it's a sign they are coming along and growing confidence in their new roles.

Sulaiman went for 8 and Polce got 6. I thought they both played very strong on both ends. If some haven't noticed, they play Sulaiman (a lot) out front defensively. He's fast enough to stay with guards and poses a lot of problems out there. Not only is he 6'6" and extremely physical, but his wing span clogs up a lot of passing lanes. He's also very strong following shots to the basket and gets a lot of rebounds coming back in. Guards have no chance to move him around. Good things happen when he makes it to 20 minutes. He was a foul hack earlier this year but he has improved in that regard.

I couldn't confirm from the video but it didn't appear Bryce Radford was on the bench. He didn't travel to Lock Haven, either. Strange.

They need more out of K.J. if he's going to play long stretches (like he did in the first half). His stat line is essentially blank for 8 minutes.

Demo and David had rough shooting nights but played well on the other end.

Mixed emotions on David's defense because, while great, at times it is coming with a big price. He's leading the league in steals but that aggression is getting him too often in foul trouble. With the lack of bench, they HAVE to have him on the floor for 36 minutes. Every Mercyhurst run came with him OFF the floor. Not a coincidence. I'd much rather have a steal or two less and have him play 35-37 minutes. He's one of the main offensive weapons now. The fall off when he has to sit is tremendous and is a trickle down ... Armoni gets smothered when David is sitting.

Despite the win, as IUPAlum said, still a lot to clean up. They had a couple chances to blow that game open last night and didn't. But, if you beat the Lakers by 3 points or 30 points ... any win against them is a good one. They are tough.

Great win, but not much time to celebrate. Gannon and Slippery Rock visit the KCAC Saturday and Monday. This West run is brutal this year. Not going to be many nights off.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That was the most scoring production Joe's received outside of the Top 4 since this new stretch began. Hopefully it's a sign they are coming along and growing confidence in their new roles.

Sulaiman went for 8 and Polce got 6. I thought they both played very strong on both ends. If some haven't noticed, they play Sulaiman (a lot) out front defensively. He's fast enough to stay with guards and poses a lot of problems out there. Not only is he 6'6" and extremely physical, but his wing span clogs up a lot of passing lanes. He's also very strong following shots to the basket and gets a lot of rebounds coming back in. Guards have no chance to move him around. Good things happen when he makes it to 20 minutes. He was a foul hack earlier this year but he has improved in that regard.

I couldn't confirm from the video but it didn't appear Bryce Radford was on the bench. He didn't travel to Lock Haven, either. Strange.

They need more out of K.J. if he's going to play long stretches (like he did in the first half). His stat line is essentially blank for 8 minutes.

Mixed emotions on David's defense because, while great, at times it is coming with a big price. He's leading the league in steals but that aggression is getting him too often in foul trouble. With the lack of bench, they HAVE to have him on the floor for 36 minutes. Every Mercyhurst run came with him OFF the floor. Not a coincidence. I'd much rather have a steal or two less and have him play 35-37 minutes. He's one of the main offensive weapons now. The fall off when he has to sit is tremendous and is a trickle down ... Armoni gets smothered when David is sitting.

Despite the win, as IUPAlum said, still a lot to clean up. They had a couple chances to blow that game open last night and didn't. But, if you beat the Lakers by 3 points or 30 points ... any win against them is a good one. They are tough.

Great win, but not much time to celebrate. Gannon and Slippery Rock visit the KCAC Saturday and Monday. This West run is brutal this year. Not going to be many nights off.
            That's a nice road win for IUP. Your team was stacked with Jones, but even without him you might have the most talented roster in the league provided they stay healthy. I think the missed Covid year set back player development, and few teams in the league have much experience beyond their top 5-6 guys.

Comment

That was the most scoring production Joe's received outside of the Top 4 since this new stretch began. Hopefully it's a sign they are coming along and growing confidence in their new roles.

Ok, so the David foul out...
              That's his style and his thing! IUP needs that from him. Yes, he'll get a couple of aggressive fouls like his fifth yesterday but that's ok. What they don't need from him is the stupid foul on the break away. Yes, I still don't think he touched him BUT David should just pull off and let him have the lay up. He's far to valuable to give the ref and chance of blowing that whistle. On the break away, the ref anticipated the foul and was blowing that whistle unless David stopped. David needs to be agressive but not stupid!

As for Mercyhurst...

1) McIntosh is their motor!

2) Cannady looked like a deer in head lights.

3) Reichert travels/shuffles his feet every time he has the ball. Why wasn't it called.

4) IUP definitely wanted to attack Gross and Pipeloluwa. The speed and size difference was a big advantage for IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Ok, so the David foul out...
                That's his style and his thing! IUP needs that from him. Yes, he'll get a couple of aggressive fouls like his fifth yesterday but that's ok. What they don't need from him is the stupid foul on the break away. Yes, I still don't think he touched him BUT David should just pull off and let him have the lay up. He's far to valuable to give the ref and chance of blowing that whistle. On the break away, the ref anticipated the foul and was blowing that whistle unless David stopped. David needs to be agressive but not stupid!

As for Mercyhurst...

1) McIntosh is their motor!

2) Cannady looked like a deer in head lights.

3) Reichert travels/shuffles his feet every time he has the ball. Why wasn't it called.

4) IUP definitely wanted to attack Gross and Pipeloluwa. The speed and size difference was a big advantage for IUP.

I forgot about Cannady until the announcer made a comment that he was scoreless with 7 minutes left in the game. I think it was the first time I heard his name mentioned all night. He finished with just 1 point.

Round 2 will be interesting. Manchel had been playing that small lineup for awhile but IUP blew it apart to start the game.

Comment

I forgot about Cannady until the announcer made a comment that he was scoreless with 7 minutes left in the game. I think it was the first time I heard his name mentioned all night. He finished with just 1 point.

Round 2 will be interesting. Manchel had been playing that small lineup for awhile but IUP blew it apart to start the game.
                  Not a doubt in my mind Manchel will draw something else up for the second game. His assistant coach Darrin Mayes was crying earlier in the week at a HS game that IUP had more time to prepare then they did. I laughed and walked away. IUP played Saturday so they had 4 days bc SRU was canceled. No doubt in my mind he wanted IUP to get beat up against SRU on Monday and that's why he was complaining. He's always been a cry baby even when he coached at Girard HS. He fits right in with Manchel... always crying and their styles are the same other than Darrin had no shot clock so he'd only shoot after a minute of ball possession.

Comment

Mercyhurst is a handful, but IUP is probably one of the few teams with the length to exploit their smaller lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Not a doubt in my mind Manchel will draw something else up for the second game. His assistant coach Darrin Mayes was crying earlier in the week at a HS game that IUP had more time to prepare then they did. I laughed and walked away. IUP played Saturday so they had 4 days bc SRU was canceled. No doubt in my mind he wanted IUP to get beat up against SRU on Monday and that's why he was complaining. He's always been a cry baby even when he coached at Girard HS. He fits right in with Manchel... always crying and their styles are the same other than Darrin had no shot clock so he'd only shoot after a minute of ball possession.

They better all get used to a jumbled up schedule ... because it's about to get a lot worse.

Students are returning this weekend, which will no doubt spike Covid numbers on all of our campuses.

If the players continue to be smart (and safe) ... they should be able to finish this season. Hopefully. It sucks as a college student, but if they want to keep playing ... avoid the frat dumpsters, etc.

While Mercyhurst was the first to limit fans ... I surely expect the rest to soon follow.

Comment

They better all get used to a jumbled up schedule ... because it's about to get a lot worse.

Students are returning this weekend, which will no doubt spike Covid numbers on all of our campuses.

If the players continue to be smart (and safe) ... they should be able to finish this season. Hopefully. It sucks as a college student, but if they want to keep playing ... avoid the frat dumpsters, etc.

While Mercyhurst was the first to limit fans ... I surely expect the rest to soon follow.

Comment

• Comment

• They weren't ready for the first Ship game ... much like they weren't in the first Ship game in 2019 (after Demo had his ACL injury).

That new rotation wasn't going to click overnight. They are making strides. The young guys are starting to play (and lose the deer/headlights).

If they get another shot at Ship (and stay healthy) we'll see what happens. If Ship stays healthy they have a great shot to win the PSAC.

I actually think Gannon is better than Mercyhurst. If Joe gets an actual healthy GU on Saturday it will be a war. They've been banged up and having Covid issues all year.

Comment

• Comment

• IUP unfortunately won't be full strength until the season opener in Nov. '22

Just hoping they don't lose any more players to injury.
                                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-13-2022, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X