• What is up with Demo

He just looks out of it.

Comment

• Comment

• UPJ 70
                  IUP 68

Final

Comment

• Not sure I liked that baseline play to Porterfield at the end there. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                      Not sure I liked that baseline play to Porterfield at the end there. Oh well.
                      Not. At. All.

Comment

• Not gonna be a fun film session in Indiana tomorrow.

Take away the forced lob to Ethan that resulted in 6 TOs and 0 points and IUP probably escapes.

Credit UPJ. They had more intensity all night.

Hot as IUP was from deep ... shoot for the win on the last play ... not a mid-range jumper in the face of the leagues best defender. Very odd (bad) call.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                          Not sure I liked that baseline play to Porterfield at the end there. Oh well.

Comment

• All they can do is move along. We knew they were gonna have some bumps. Edinboro up next.

But, I think they'll be sick watching this film tomorrow. Probably a game they should have won despite playing pretty sloppy for long stretches.

UPJ to their credit made some monster shots down the stretch. Ruk had them up for this one.

How the freak did IUP leave Jakubik wide open on that last trey he made? Demo was 9' away from him. That was the dagger.

Luckily they finally come home for the next 3.

Comment

• Pretty easy to "get sloppy" when no fouls are being called. Anytime they were dribble penetrating they were getting hammered with no call. Two steals in the second half occurred literally b/c the defender ripped David and Armoni's arm to get to it. If I'm Joe, that crew wouldn't be doing another IUP game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                                Pretty easy to "get sloppy" when no fouls are being called. Anytime they were dribble penetrating they were getting hammered with no call. Two steals in the second half occurred literally b/c the defender ripped David and Armoni's arm to get to it. If I'm Joe, that crew wouldn't be doing another IUP game.
                                14 total fouls called. All game. Combined. And, just (5) on UPJ. That's laughable. Yet, David's ridiculous technical got called.

UPJ had everything go their way in their building and still barely won. They won't beat IUP in Indiana -- or anywhere else with officials who know how to work the whistle.

It was their night. Just about every deep shot they missed shot back out 18' off the rim. Stuff happens.

I still think IUP gave away 6-7 empty possessions on really ill-advised decisions. That's part of basketball. I get it. The one that burned me, however, was it was a version of the same play that they kept botching.

I didn't like their energy to start the game. Joe's been harping on that and it just wasn't there last night. The defense wasn't great. They got baited in to a lot of things last night.

Regardless, it has to be pretty short-lived for both teams. UPJ goes to Mercyhurst tomorrow. IUP starts a 3-game stretch, all at home (finally) of Edinboro, Mercyhurst and Gannon.

Everybody in the West is going to lose games this year. It's just a matter of how many.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X