Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No size and jack up 50 treys. Good Lord.

Joe ever seen a zone before?

Comment

• Not a knock on Edinboro but Joe was damn lucky he was playing Edinboro tonight.

I thought the Scots -- minus several players mind you -- played terrifc.
      ?
      Cleary out-coached Joe tonight. He just didn't have the horses.

Robertson and Moore are tough. Robertson actually yaps way more than Simpson.

I found a new respect for Simpson tonight. I know his reputation but he played hard tonight. He didn't get baited by the crowd (and they tried).

Comment

• Final comment on this game.

IUP officially fired up 46 treys tonight on a team with one dude above 6'4".

Think about that.

Basically, an all-guard zone suffocated a team with massive size.

If IUP's bigs can't physically take over a game with that drastic of a size advantage ... time for Joe to have the old toughness talk. I'll be direct: Edinboro was the tougher team tonight.

A whole different animal is coming to town in a few days.

Drink some creatine shakes. Whatever it takes. But, this was pretty bad tonight.

More proof: Edinboro won the glass, 48-47.
        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-26-2022, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Final comment on this game.

IUP officially fired up 46 treys tonight on a team with one dude above 6'4".

Think about that.

Basically, an all-guard zone suffocated a team with massive size.

If IUP's bigs can't physically take over a game with that drastic of a size advantage ... time for Joe to have the old toughness talk. I'll be direct: Edinboro was the tougher team tonight.

A whole different animal is coming to town in a few days.

Drink some creatine shakes. Whatever it takes. But, this was pretty bad tonight.

More proof: Edinboro won the glass, 48-47.

Comment

• I'm hoping that the PSAC West is approaching the dog fight it was back in 03-06. At least this year, the teams with poor records play tough and are capable of winning most games.

I've noticed a few changes for Edinboro this year. First, the zone defense has certainly tightened up a bit. I haven't watched enough to notice anything specific. Secondly, they're rebounding has improved. For a long time they would concede the rebound on outside shots but I've noticed that doesn't happen much. Simpson has also matured as a player. I just wish it had happened sooner.

Comment

• I fully agree I think it's time Suliaman enters the starting lineup for good. He just brings so much to the floor on defense and with his overall energy. He's their best rebounder and they use him to cover guards. His speed is off the charts for a big guy. He's so physically strong, blocks shots, breaks up passes and, well, is quite a pest. I know he's a (Covid) freshman, but he's ready. They haven't had an athlete like him (at that size) in a very long time.

I think the theory previously was they'd go with Demo due to his scoring, but, well, that has vanished for the most part. Demo's now made 1 of his last 26 attempts from outside. His rebounding has dropped from 9-12 a game to the 5-7 range. He's not getting to the FT line nearly enough for a post player capable of driving the hoop, and, when he does, he's shooting just 59 percent. The hidden stat is Demo has committed 41 turnovers (and has missed some games). Consider David Morris has just 45 turnovers and touches the ball dramatically more. Defensively, there's no comparison between Demo and Sulaiman.

To be fair, I don't think Demo is anywhere near 100 percent. I actually don't even think he's near 60 percent. They aren't letting him practice much as a means to try and keep him healthy. But, without practice, well, ... this is what happens.

I sure hope he comes around. We've all seen what he's capable of doing. We've seen him completely take over games. They will need all hands on deck and ready to roll on Saturday. You can bet all you have that Mercyhurst is going to come in here pi$$ing vinegar.

Comment

• I like to watch trends as the season goes along. One alarming trend IUP is currently dealing with is the FT line. They aren't getting there.

Last 4 games:

Edinboro - 6 of 9

UPJ - 4 of 5

Clarion - 6 of 9

Seton Hill - 8 of 11

Certainly some factors -- officials, etc. But, IUP was routinely getting to the line 20-30 times per game earlier this year.

Another factor is they aren't driving the bucket nearly as much as they were ... IUP has morphed in to this 3-point shooting bonanza of late.

Last 8 games, here are the 3-pt attempts: 34, 35, 26, 23, 34, 21, 28, 46

That is the highest number of attempts over an 8-game stretch of any time I can ever remember.

Naturally, the team they have the biggest issue shooting said treys on, Mercyhurst, is up next. Joe exploited the Lakers' lack of size the first 10 minutes of the first meeting and IUP blew off to a large lead. Gary adjusted and will surely be ready for it from the start this time. Very interested to see how Joe plans the attack for Saturday.

Comment

• Joe's busting out the big guns ... T-Shirt Saturday and a BLACKOUT. The first 600 students get a freebie. Oddly, this tactic usually works well even at IUP ... where, I'm not sure most of the student body realizes we have sports teams.

We'll see how this 3 p.m. tip works out. I'd much rather this game was at night.

They got a pretty quiet 1,500 and change in last night. I'd hope this game cracks 2,500+ The weather looks cold but clear so people won't be afraid of driving.

Mercyhurst is undefeated on the road this year. Oddly, all three losses came in the MAC.

Comment

Joe's busting out the big guns ... T-Shirt Saturday and a BLACKOUT. The first 600 students get a freebie. Oddly, this tactic usually works well even at IUP ... where, I'm not sure most of the student body realizes we have sports teams.

We'll see how this 3 p.m. tip works out. I'd much rather this game was at night.

They got a pretty quiet 1,500 and change in last night. I'd hope this game cracks 2,500+ The weather looks cold but clear so people won't be afraid of driving.

Mercyhurst is undefeated on the road this year. Oddly, all three losses came in the MAC.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Ethan has been battling sickness for weeks now. Anyways, as Joe said in his postgame on Wednesday, they are dealing with a lot of health things right now but it is no excuse to not be ready! They were ready the last two games. Terrible zone offense against Boro and just down right sloppy play against UPJ.

Comment

• I'd love for you to be right.

That said, I'd take the Lakers +7 or +10 all day long in the gambling world. In fact, I'd go large on Mercyhurst +10.

Comment

• IUP just announced 88 positive tests this week from Monday through today.

Let's hope it avoids the KCAC.

Comment

IUP just announced 88 positive tests this week from Monday through today.

Let's hope it avoids the KCAC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X