• Show
Clear All

• Joe up 45-20 at half.

Was 45-11

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Joe up 45-20 at half.

Was 45-11
      Yikes. Just got home from the ladies game. No need to watch this.

Comment

• IUP 83
        Gannon 50

Final

Comment

• No Demo again tonight. Plus side Ethan looked his best in a month. Off day Wednesday.

Comment

• Per the radio interview, Joe said Demo decided to 'shut it down' for two weeks. Joe didn't seem to have any idea when he'd be back.

Basketball is going to end real soon. He only has so many games left in his career. I hope this gets worked out. Even if can go at 70% for 8 minutes ... they need all the bodies they can get.

Comment

• Comment

• there have been a few more challenges this year than I bet Joe was expecting. It hurts to go from legit NC contender to hoping to being one of several teams hoping for the PSAC title

Comment

Per the radio interview, Joe said Demo decided to 'shut it down' for two weeks. Joe didn't seem to have any idea when he'd be back.

Basketball is going to end real soon. He only has so many games left in his career. I hope this gets worked out. Even if can go at 70% for 8 minutes ... they need all the bodies they can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

there have been a few more challenges this year than I bet Joe was expecting. It hurts to go from legit NC contender to hoping to being one of several teams hoping for the PSAC title

Comment

• There was definitely more to Joe's quote. He caught himself a couple times and kind of changed course/tone. He basically finally said he's focusing on the guys who are dressed.

I think everybody would agree he's not 100 percent -- probably not even 75%.

I'm just having trouble with a self-proposed shut-down on a team already very short on bodies.

Dress for the games. Play 7-8 minutes. I think it's clear he's lost his starting job. They are night and day better defensively with Sulaiman starting. Maybe that has a part in this, too. But by not even dressing he's taking away their security option on the bench.

But, like I said last night. It's February now. Basketball is over in a very short time.

This situation reminds me of David Justice in Moneyball. Billy Beane finally had to tell him they didn't need him to be a star anymore. They just needed the best version of him in whatever role he was going to have for whatever time he had left.

He'd be a huge addition coming back -- if he's mentally in to it. Even at 10 mpg, he gives them another 6'8" guy off the bench who can play G/F.

But, I'm starting to have doubts we see him on the floor again this year.

Comment

• Ben Howlett is fond of saying in postgame interviews something like: "The team that is best equipped to beat West Liberty is West Liberty." His point being that they feel they can beat anybody that's put in front of them if they stay in system. It's when they get out of system that they become beatable by plenty of teams. I'd venture a guess that the same is true for IUP. If they stay in system, they should be favored in 100% of their games. But 20 year-old kids like to remind us sometimes that they're 20 year-old kids, and they get out system and that's when losses happen. So Howlett's quote is likely applicable to IUP as well. Most nights, the only team that can beat IUP is IUP.

Comment

• While not official, word on the street is last night was the last game this season IUP will be allowed to have fans in the KCAC.

The you-know-what is going to hit the fan today when this announcement drops.

Awful decision by President Titanic.

Comment

Joe up 45-20 at half.

Was 45-11
                            Having seen IUP in action I don't discount their defensive prowess, but does Gannon still have some people out injured? That seems like a feeble effort on their part.

Comment

While not official, word on the street is last night was the last game this season IUP will be allowed to have fans in the KCAC.

The you-know-what is going to hit the fan today when this announcement drops.

Awful decision by President Titanic.
                              That's gonna put a real damper on the Regional if/when IUP earns the right to host it . . . in an empty gym.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Having seen IUP in action I don't discount their defensive prowess, but does Gannon still have some people out injured? That seems like a feeble effort on their part.
                                They had Clancy out but he's been out for 5-6 weeks. Like I said last night in the PSAC West thread ... they didn't look like Gannon last night. No idea what was going on in that locker room.

Now, I will say IUP's defense since Suliaman has entered the starting lineup has just been suffocating. They held Gannon and Mercyhurst in the 20s FG percentage in back-to-back games.

Joe let David Morris take the second half off last night and gave others way more minutes or else that final 83-50 score would have been much worse.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X