Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They had Clancy out but he's been out for 5-6 weeks. Like I said last night in the PSAC West thread ... they didn't look like Gannon last night. No idea what was going on in that locker room.

Now, I will say IUP's defense since Suliaman has entered the starting lineup has just been suffocating. They held Gannon and Mercyhurst in the 20s FG percentage in back-to-back games.

Joe let David Morris take the second half off last night and gave others way more minutes or else that final 83-50 score would have been much worse.
    David has an ankle issue and that's why he got the second half rest.

I thought the game got sloppy on the offensive end late in the first half and for good chunks of the second half. Other than that, not much to talk about.

Gannon is turning into a dirt show in a hurry. The Gannon faithful sure wanted Reilly out but look at the mess they have now. Herster pumping the crowd saying he's getting his etc. What a clown! You don't win with selfish players like that.

Comment

While not official, word on the street is last night was the last game this season IUP will be allowed to have fans in the KCAC.

The you-know-what is going to hit the fan today when this announcement drops.

Awful decision by President Titanic.

Comment

• IUP reported 88 cases last week -- 36 of which live on campus.

The outcry regarding basketball attendance is students don't even attend the games. Last night the pep band, cheerleaders and dance teams didn't partake. On a given night, you 'might' have 100 students in the stands.

No denying very few inside the KCAC have followed the mask requirements. But, IUP has done absolutely nothing to enforce anything, either.

Do an experimental game before shutting it down. Wear the mask or your ejected. Put warning signs all over the place.

It's going to be an interesting backlash. Many of IUP's 'heavy hitters' in the community are huge basketball supporters with a ton of political poll. The old prez is playing with fire here.

Comment

While not official, word on the street is last night was the last game this season IUP will be allowed to have fans in the KCAC.

The you-know-what is going to hit the fan today when this announcement drops.

Awful decision by President Titanic.
          Its only a 2 week pause for Fans. This is only for IUP events. Day late and a dollar short. if students would have gone on-line for the first two weeks we'd be in a better place, probably. But someone thought students wouldn't return. Now we have this. From the message I received, part of the decision was because of the mass non-compliance with regard to masks. But given the students live together, eat together and have parties - all without masks, I'm not sure it will matter much.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Its only a 2 week pause for Fans. This is only for IUP events. Day late and a dollar short. if students would have gone on-line for the first two weeks we'd be in a better place, probably. But someone thought students wouldn't return. Now we have this. From the message I received, part of the decision was because of the mass non-compliance with regard to masks. But given the students live together, eat together and have parties - all without masks, I'm not sure it will matter much.
            The above Notice has been recalled, guess they are still thinking about it. Yikes.

Comment

IUP reported 88 cases last week -- 36 of which live on campus.

The outcry regarding basketball attendance is students don't even attend the games. Last night the pep band, cheerleaders and dance teams didn't partake. On a given night, you 'might' have 100 students in the stands.

No denying very few inside the KCAC have followed the mask requirements. But, IUP has done absolutely nothing to enforce anything, either.

Do an experimental game before shutting it down. Wear the mask or your ejected. Put warning signs all over the place.

It's going to be an interesting backlash. Many of IUP's 'heavy hitters' in the community are huge basketball supporters with a ton of political poll. The old prez is playing with fire here.
              We did have the pep band and cheerleaders back for the last game at Ship. It appeared to me that attendance at our last home game was underreported. I forget what the listed figure was, but it seems to be quite a bit below what I observed.

Comment

Two weeks is a major blow on Feb. 1. That would mean no fans for the SRU and Cal games -- two of the most highly-attended games of the year. Makes a lot of sense for a broke school to turn away all that money.

Comment

• So this shut down is false???

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                    So this shut down is false???
                    The AVP people withdrew the email announcing it that they issued earlier. I'd say it is still under consideration but someone is having a rethink about the details.

Comment

• ...if only the rural counties had lower rates of spread.....it wouldn't be an issue

The case count has dropped 50% in the last two weeks here in Chester County.

Comment

• Say what you will about the perceived 'rivalry' with Slippery Rock in basketball. But, one thing is for sure. No team sells more tickets in Indiana on a yearly basis than SRU.

Granted, there are the years when the stooges at the home office schedule this game over break and campus is dead. Those games are not listed below but still all got around 1,300.

But, here are the last 8 non-break games played in Indiana:
                        Year KCAC Attendance
                        19-20 3,582
                        18-19 2,699
                        16-17 2,369
                        14-15 2,112
                        13-14 3,126
                        12-13 3,151
                        12-13 (PSAC Championship) 2,652
                        11-12 2,942

Average - 2,829

So, congrats to the brain-trust at IUP. Great decision to block fans from attending when the next game is the biggest gate of the year.

No need for all that ticket money, over-priced concession money, etc.

No need to do a probationary game. No need to limit seating to every third row with two seats in between fans. No need to think outside the box.

Onward (or, downward) to 6,000 students.

The KCAC and IUP didn't do A SINGLE THING to enforce masks being worn all season other than read a public service announcement at halftime (when nobody is in their seats anyway). I was at every home game. Not a single time did I see anybody ask anybody to either put a mask on or lift it to cover their face. Not. Once. When rules aren't enforced, they aren't followed.

WHAT A DEBACLE.

How much longer until Driscoll is out of here? Move the games to Indiana High School or just give up the home games and play on the road. At least then the fans could still watch in person.

SAD DAY FOR IUP

Comment

• Story gets even better.

Slippery Rock has lifted its ban on fan attendance just in time for IUP's visit this Saturday.

They must want the big gate. What a concept.

Well, IUP fans ... hit the road this Saturday. It's not the teams fault. It will be a nuthouse up there on Saturday.

Comment

Story gets even better.

Slippery Rock has lifted its ban on fan attendance just in time for IUP's visit this Saturday.

They must want the big gate. What a concept.

Well, IUP fans ... hit the road this Saturday. It's not the teams fault. It will be a nuthouse up there on Saturday.
                            I can tell you that's not it.

Comment

The AVP people withdrew the email announcing it that they issued earlier. I'd say it is still under consideration but someone is having a rethink about the details.
                              Apparently the retraction was to allow student affairs to make the official announcement- no fans at the kcac until Feb 14th. But non iup events will continue, ok

Comment

Apparently the retraction was to allow student affairs to make the official announcement- no fans at the kcac until Feb 14th. But non iup events will continue, ok
                                It's beyond comical.

Concerned about athlete safety ... yet the team is going to what will be a near sold out Morrow Field House in a couple days.

They are talking out of both sides ... and their backend. Mainly their backend.

What's the magic plan come Feb. 14? Had they had a plan to begin with they wouldn't need a new magic plan.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X