• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a joke!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's beyond comical.

Concerned about athlete safety ... yet the team is going to what will be a near sold out Morrow Field House in a couple days.

They are talking out of both sides ... and their backend. Mainly their backend.

What's the magic plan come Feb. 14? Had they had a plan to begin with they wouldn't need a new magic plan.
      I think the plan is to wait and see, and depending on what the student infection rate is either extend or go back to normal. There are a huge number of students with covid right now, but most seem to be recovering in 2 days, if they even notice it. Indiana County is down 35% in the last 2 weeks

Comment

• As of now, it amounts to (2) home games. They are biggies, however. Fans will miss SRU and California. That's a whole lot of bling bling lost.

In theory, the next potential home game with fans would be Feb. 19 (Seton Hill). The other remaining homes games past the Feb. 14 date are Clarion and UPJ.

Looking at the remaining road games, IUP always travels well to Slippery Rock. Weather is a potential concern this Saturday, but the bulk of the bad stuff should hit Friday.

The Edinboro and Gannon games will have a large IUP base there with all the Erie players on Joe's roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I think the plan is to wait and see, and depending on what the student infection rate is either extend or go back to normal. There are a huge number of students with covid right now, but most seem to be recovering in 2 days, if they even notice it. Indiana County is down 35% in the last 2 weeks
          This is a big part of it. Plus the state & system noticed that nobody was actively enforcing the masking requirement - and in true PASSHE fashion, a bunch of different groups all said it wasn't their responsibility, so IUP is probably also buying time to come up with a process for enforcing the mask mandate.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by Golden89; 02-01-2022, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Word was the order came from the Titanic Captain (Driscoll).

As you can imagine, this did not get a warm and fuzzy reaction from the KCAC staff and Redshirt Joe.

Whatever. Is what it is. It's their loss. You get numb to this $hit after being an IUP fan for so long.

I think it would be funny for the fans to boycott the rest of the season (if indeed they actually do open the doors back up). You know, for all our safety.

They sure didn't offer any refunds for tickets already purchased.

I do wish they'd just give up the home games. What's the point. Play those games on the road so at least some parents and traveling fans can watch.

Comment

Word was the order came from the Titanic Captain (Driscoll).

As you can imagine, this did not get a warm and fuzzy reaction from the KCAC staff and Redshirt Joe

Comment

• Comment

• I can tell you with 1,000% accuracy this decision did not come from the KCAC management or from the athletic department. Both fought it vehemently.

There was one suite empty at Monday's game. Anybody want to take a guess which one?

Comment

• IUP is state property and the state still has an indoor masking mandate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

IUP is state property and the state still has an indoor masking mandate.
                            Nobody is arguing that point. The mandate is the mandate. Although I find it strange my kids aren't required to wear a mask to their public school. And, why then is the KCAC still open for all 'non-student' events if IUP is state property?

IUP made a panic decision.

Several options were available before taking the weak way out.

* In most simplistic terms ... maybe try and enforce the rule.

* Limit capacity to 1,000 fans in a 4,000-seat venue. Season ticket holders and parents/family get first crack, and the remaining tickets are sold (with say 50 allotted for the visiting team).

* Only allow spectators in every other row or every third row.

This isn't a cramped gym. They could easily allow 1,000 per game and everybody will be more than spaced out to meet whatever guidelines exist.

But, ... like I said ... it's whatever. It's their money being lost.

Comment

Nobody is arguing that point. The mandate is the mandate. Although I find it strange my kids aren't required to wear a mask to their public school. And, why then is the KCAC still open for all 'non-student' events if IUP is state property?

IUP made a panic decision.

Several options were available before taking the weak way out.

* In most simplistic terms ... maybe try and enforce the rule.

* Limit capacity to 1,000 fans in a 4,000-seat venue. Season ticket holders and parents/family get first crack, and the remaining tickets are sold (with say 50 allotted for the visiting team).

* Only allow spectators in every other row or every third row.

This isn't a cramped gym. They could easily allow 1,000 per game and everybody will be more than spaced out to meet whatever guidelines exist.

But, ... like I said ... it's whatever. It's their money being lost.
                              Because the school isn't state property. PA owns IUP. Your local SD owns the school and while they're subject to similar state regulation they don't have a direct responsibility to the state.

The events are probably still on so they don't lose money. Same reason they're not restricting attendance.

Comment

I can tell you with 1,000% accuracy this decision did not come from the KCAC management or from the athletic department. Both fought it vehemently.

There was one suite empty at Monday's game. Anybody want to take a guess which one?
                                Does his suite ever have people in it? It empty every time I go!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X