Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched most of the second half of the IUP-Rock game. That turned out to be competitive and mostly fun to watch. The ESU-Millersville game was something of a disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
      Watched most of the second half of the IUP-Rock game. That turned out to be competitive and mostly fun to watch. The ESU-Millersville game was something of a disappointment.
      The ending was almost identical to a game up there 3-4 years ago. That night it was Anthony Glover hitting the trey in the final seconds (just from the other wing).

Watching Armoni and Frankie Hughes battle all day was incredible.

I was impressed with SRU. They battled and hit massive shots all day..

I know they haven't looked like that consistently all year.. But, they were on today.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
        How many Slippery Rock people does it take to get the clock right?
        That 'glitch' bailed them out. IUP was about to pull away. They were up 7-8 points when that mysteriously malfunctioned. And, SRU was sucking major wind. IUP was the much better physically conditioned team. That turned in to a 5 minute timeout.

SRU caught its breath and regrouped. They were a boxer saved by the bell.

Comment

• F**k Slimey Pebble!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            F**k Slimey Pebble!!!
            Lol

Comment

• Armoni plays the game like everyone else is in slow motion. His body control is impressive on those hard drives. Kudos to those IUP football players sitting in the enemy student section. I enjoyed that at one point, an SRU assistant (or injured player) yelled over to someone to get the crowd hyped...it didn't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                IUP gave up 15 treys today. That doesn't happen often. That needs fixed before Monday.

Of course, not sure SRU hits 15 of 36 on the road.

Talk about rising up ... that same Rock team lost at Clarion 72 hours ago.

Comment

• The team is very resilient for sure. Where ever they end up at the end of the season, they will have made it by being so tough, both mentally and physically. Some good luck, and they might get pretty far. I'm still a bit disappointed for what might have been with healthy Shawndale and Demo, but the current team is pretty good. But luck hsn't been an IUP thing much the last few years.

Comment

Odd it happens every trip there. Literally. Even more odd it happens on a big IUP run. Yearly.

I said before the game you are playing a hyped up team, a hyped up crowd and the scorers' table. They tried.
                    At first, I kept thinking that your commentary about the scorer's table might have been slightly exaggerated. What self-respecting college scorer's table doesn't do the job professionally, right? But I saw a prime example in the WLU women's game yesterday in fact. At one point, a WLU player was fouled, and the announcing crew correctly indicated that the foul put WLU in the bonus (which is an automatic two shots in the women's game). But the referees didn't realize the foul count and gave WLU the ball out of bounds (shame on whomever was holding the clipboard on the WLU bench for not noticing either, to be fair). The ball was inbounded and tipped right back out of bounds. Only then did the scorer's table signal to the referees that WLU was in the bonus, but the referees determined that since a play had taken place in the intervening moments, it was not possible to go back and shoot the free throws.

I've worked the scorer's table at my kid's middle school games. There's no way you don't know the foul count at the scorer's table. That's one of the things we're constantly checking at the dang middle school scorer's table--how does a college scorer not know. WLU got some poetic justice, though, when a really suspect foul call with 1 second on the clock sent a WLU player to the line for two free throws--she canned them both and WLU won by 1 point. The two free throws the scorer's table denied them ended up being the difference in the end when the refs made a terrible end-of-game call. Poetic justice indeed. But I don't think I've ever seen a situation where the scorer's table actively denied a visiting team a shot at 2 points.

Maybe you're not exaggerating after all about having to battle the scorers as well as The Rock when you head to Morrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

The team is very resilient for sure. Where ever they end up at the end of the season, they will have made it by being so tough, both mentally and physically. Some good luck, and they might get pretty far. I'm still a bit disappointed for what might have been with healthy Shawndale and Demo, but the current team is pretty good. But luck hsn't been an IUP thing much the last few years.
                      That was the second time they got down big on the road and came back to win. They were down 18 at Cal and 14 or 16 yesterday.

At Cal, they cut the lead in half by the break and yesterday actually took a 1 point lead at the intermission.

I remember thinking yesterday they just had to survive the blitz because nobody can stay that hot for that long.

But, yesterday is over. A very tough week is looming ... SRU, Cal and a Saturday trip to Gannon.

Whatever version of that spaced-out Gannon team we saw get hammered at the KCAC won't be the same team they see up there this weekend.

And, yes, they need Demo back ASAP. Even 8 mpg will help.

Radford returned yesterday but didn't play.
                      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-06-2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

The team is very resilient for sure. Where ever they end up at the end of the season, they will have made it by being so tough, both mentally and physically. Some good luck, and they might get pretty far. I'm still a bit disappointed for what might have been with healthy Shawndale and Demo, but the current team is pretty good. But luck hsn't been an IUP thing much the last few years.
                        I think multiple teams in the PSAC are wondering what might have been this season. Certainly IUP probably had biggest loss with Jones, a genuine Player of the Year candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I think multiple teams in the PSAC are wondering what might have been this season. Certainly IUP probably had biggest loss with Jones, a genuine Player of the Year candidate.
                          This is a dangerous month for the athletes. Way too many games in a short span. It's going to be brutal on their bodies. Practice intensity will likely be dialed way back.

Comment

• Items to improve tonight:

* The bench. IUP's bench contributed just 2 points in Saturday's win. They came via (2) Dallis Dillard free throws. The subs (Dillard, Rhodes and Diop) played 43 minutes combined. They need at least 10 points off the bench to alleviate some pressure. The film is obviously out on Dillard, as he's getting heavy attention now beyond the 3-pt line. KJ passed up some wide-open looks Saturday and looks a little gun-shy on the offensive end. Diop muffed a couple beautiful passes that could have been easy layups/dunks. Add to it, Kyle Polce started but played just 18 minutes to Dillard's 26 minutes. Polce finished with just (1) point. So, that's (3) points -- total -- from players 4-8. That cannot happen again.

* IUP banged the glass pretty well with SRU. The Rock had a 31-30 advantage. The difference was the offensive glass. SRU grabbed 13, while IUP got just 6.

* IUP hit 7 of 18 treys. Not great. But, they hit the big ones at the right times. SRU was selling out on the 3-pt defense. That opens other things.

* IUP turned the ball over 13 times. Probably about half were self-inflicted.

* Tomiwa Sulaiman had a fantastic game -- scoring 14 points along with 5 boards, 3 blocks and a steal.

* SRU played a really clean game, committing just 11 turnovers. IUP needs to force that number up near 15-16 tonight.

* SRU also got (9) steals Saturday. Way too many. Cut that in half tonight. IUP is continuing to give up several possessions a game on the inside lob passes. At best, that play is working 50 percent of the time.

* Frankie Hughes and Amante Britt combined for 9 treys. They got WAY too many open looks. The duo fired up 26 of SRU's 36 attempts. And, they showed they can hit them well beyond the line. Oddly, IUP seemed caught off guard by their range and was giving -- many times -- way too much of a cushion. While they probably won't hit 15 again, that team can shoot. IUP has to do a better job disrupting the shots.

* Bryce Radford dressed Saturday but didn't enter the game. Tommy Demogerontas didn't dress.

* IUP hit 15 of 20 FTs. SRU hit 6 of 7.

Comment

Items to improve tonight:

* The bench. IUP's bench contributed just 2 points in Saturday's win. They came via (2) Dallis Dillard free throws. The subs (Dillard, Rhodes and Diop) played 43 minutes combined. They need at least 10 points off the bench to alleviate some pressure. The film is obviously out on Dillard, as he's getting heavy attention now beyond the 3-pt line. KJ passed up some wide-open looks Saturday and looks a little gun-shy on the offensive end. Diop muffed a couple beautiful passes that could have been easy layups/dunks. Add to it, Kyle Polce started but played just 18 minutes to Dillard's 26 minutes. Polce finished with just (1) point. So, that's (3) points -- total -- from players 4-8. That cannot happen again.

* IUP banged the glass pretty well with SRU. The Rock had a 31-30 advantage. The difference was the offensive glass. SRU grabbed 13, while IUP got just 6.

* IUP hit 7 of 18 treys. Not great. But, they hit the big ones at the right times. SRU was selling out on the 3-pt defense. That opens other things.

* IUP turned the ball over 13 times. Probably about half were self-inflicted.

* Tomiwa Sulaiman had a fantastic game -- scoring 14 points along with 5 boards, 3 blocks and a steal.

* SRU played a really clean game, committing just 11 turnovers. IUP needs to force that number up near 15-16 tonight.

* SRU also got (9) steals Saturday. Way too many. Cut that in half tonight. IUP is continuing to give up several possessions a game on the inside lob passes. At best, that play is working 50 percent of the time.

* Frankie Hughes and Amante Britt combined for 9 treys. They got WAY too many open looks. The duo fired up 26 of SRU's 36 attempts. And, they showed they can hit them well beyond the line. Oddly, IUP seemed caught off guard by their range and was giving -- many times -- way too much of a cushion. While they probably won't hit 15 again, that team can shoot. IUP has to do a better job disrupting the shots.

* Bryce Radford dressed Saturday but didn't enter the game. Tommy Demogerontas didn't dress.

* IUP hit 15 of 20 FTs. SRU hit 6 of 7.
                              A lot of great points but...

1) IUP wanted SRU to jack 3's. So they got a little hot, it happens but no way they stay that hot again.

2) SRU only had 11 turnovers is BS. They had way more than that. It was listed that they had 11 at the half to IUP's 5.

3) Radford will dress again today BUT he still won't play. SRU is to physical for him.

4) IUP was 15/20 at the line with all 5 misses in the first half. CLUTCH second half.

5) The SRU steals were do to IUP being over aggressive off the dribble. They can't be afraid to kick it to those bench guys.

6) KJ is trigger shy as he should be. If I'm Joe he should have the stop sign unless it's a lay up.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

A lot of great points but...

1) IUP wanted SRU to jack 3's. So they got a little hot, it happens but no way they stay that hot again.

2) SRU only had 11 turnovers is BS. They had way more than that. It was listed that they had 11 at the half to IUP's 5.

3) Radford will dress again today BUT he still won't play. SRU is to physical for him.

4) IUP was 15/20 at the line with all 5 misses in the first half. CLUTCH second half.

5) The SRU steals were do to IUP being over aggressive off the dribble. They can't be afraid to kick it to those bench guys.

6) KJ is trigger shy as he should be. If I'm Joe he should have the stop sign unless it's a lay up.
                                Forgot to add ... I have tickets available tonight. Cheap. Let me know. lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X