Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
    For the record I hate the way that the seeding is done in the D2 NCAA tournament. You could literally be playing a conference opponent in the first two rounds in the tournament. Someone you already played twice this year! I don't know if they do this to cut down on travel or what. But do fans really want to see another PSAC conference game in the tournament? This happen to us a couple of years ago when we played VUU for a third time. This doesn't happen in D1.

By the way, Don't sleep on FSU, you will get beat if you do.

Comment

• Pretty hard to avoid do-overs when your conference has four teams in an eight-team bracket.

Comment

For the record I hate the way that the seeding is done in the D2 NCAA tournament. You could literally be playing a conference opponent in the first two rounds in the tournament. Someone you already played twice this year! I don't know if they do this to cut down on travel or what. But do fans really want to see another PSAC conference game in the tournament? This happen to us a couple of years ago when we played VUU for a third time. This doesn't happen in D1.

By the way, Don't sleep on FSU. This is actually a bad matchup for you all. This will be a good game. Their defense vs your offense. I wouldn't be surprise if this is a close game. If FSU shoots like they did in the tournament, I can see an upset.
        I think it will be a good game, but I don't necessarily see it as an offense vs. defense type of game. IUP plays excellent defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Pretty hard to avoid do-overs when your conference has four teams in an eight-team bracket.

Comment

Pretty hard to avoid do-overs when your conference has four teams in an eight-team bracket.
            True. But in the grand scheme, would it have really be a big deal to flip the 5 & 7, so Mercy could play WVSU and WLU could play Ville? That would at least be more fun for everyone to see.

(Sorry, EyeoftheHawk--I responded to Ship before I noticed that you said essentially the same thing.)

Comment

• I'm assuming they have some criterion they're basing the seeding on. If you're the fifth seed, do you really want to get flipped to the seventh spot and play No. 2 right out of the gate? If I'm MIllersville, I think I'd rather go out of the gate with Mercyhurst than West Liberty, conference opponent or not.

Comment

I think it will be a good game, but I don't necessarily see it as an offense vs. defense type of game. IUP plays excellent defense.
                Would you say your IUP's defense is better than their offense? I agree it's good when it needs to be but it doesn't win them games.

Comment

Would you say your IUP's defense is better than their offense? I agree it's good when it needs to be but it doesn't win them games.
                  Huh?

IUP consistently held teams 20-25 points below their average this year. It certainly helped them win many, many games.

Comment

Comment

They just held my guys at Shippensburg to 44 points in the PSAC semifinals. Ship has had some off shooting nights this season, but they've also played some good defensive teams. In Ship's two games against the CIAA this season, they averaged 73 points and that was without Jake Biss, a first-team All-PSAC East selection this season. IUP is an excellent defensive team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

True. But in the grand scheme, would it have really be a big deal to flip the 5 & 7, so Mercy could play WVSU and WLU could play Ville? That would at least be more fun for everyone to see.

(Sorry, EyeoftheHawk--I responded to Ship before I noticed that you said essentially the same thing.)
                        Yea...It kind of is. Teams play an entire season to achieve a seeding. If you're season long body of work earns you the #5 seed and a winnable game vs the #4 seed, why should you be penalized by being moved to the #7 seed and have to play a much less winnable game ve the #2 seed. Conversely, why should the #2 seed who has faught all season to earn the #2 seed and an easier first round game against the 7th best team in the region now have to play a more difficult game against the #5 team?

I'm not a big fan of 3rd and 4th games either but I'm even less of a fan of punishing or rewarding a team just to avoid them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Huh?

IUP consistently held teams 20-25 points below their average this year. It certainly helped them win many, many games.
                          I am not questioning the strength of IUP's defense. However, scoring can be affected by pace of play. IMHO, points per possession (ppp) is a better stat. If they are holding teams under 1.0 that is good. Under 0.9 is great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I am not questioning the strength of IUP's defense. However, scoring can be affected by pace of play. IMHO, points per possession (ppp) is a better stat. If they are holding teams under 1.0 that is good. Under 0.9 is great!

Comment

• Kyle Polce is cleared and will return this Saturday. I'd surely assume Dallis stays in the starting lineup. But, Polce is a big addition and is a nice sparkplug with his energy and defensive tenacity.

Having a healthy Demo and Polce off the bench is huge.

I assume that will cut Radford a bit but he's also been playing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                Kyle Polce is cleared and will return this Saturday. I'd surely assume Dallis stays in the starting lineup. But, Polce is a big addition and is a nice sparkplug with his energy and defensive tenacity.

Having a healthy Demo and Polce off the bench is huge.

I assume that will cut Radford a bit but he's also been playing well.
                                Awesome! I like depth!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X