Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh....scoring average is a stat, just not as reliable an indicator of defense as points per possession, which easily calculated from the box score.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Kyle Polce is cleared and will return this Saturday. I'd surely assume Dallis stays in the starting lineup. But, Polce is a big addition and is a nice sparkplug with his energy and defensive tenacity.

Having a healthy Demo and Polce off the bench is huge.

I assume that will cut Radford a bit but he's also been playing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I am not questioning the strength of IUP's defense. However, scoring can be affected by pace of play. IMHO, points per possession (ppp) is a better stat. If they are holding teams under 1.0 that is good. Under 0.9 is great!
        IUP held Ship to 0.74 ppp, season average is probably about 0.95 - had to guess at the offensive rebounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

IUP held Ship to 0.74 ppp, season average is probably about 0.95 - had to guess at the offensive rebounds.
          Offensive rebounds were 18. Your calculation was perfect. This level of defense against a quality opponent can get a team to the Evansville finals!

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Offensive rebounds were 18. Your calculation was perfect. This level of defense against a quality opponent can get a team to the Evansville finals!
            I meant I had to guess for the season value of ~0.95

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I meant I had to guess for the season value of ~0.95
              Season value was 361 offensive rebounds. I came up with 1.055 ppp for ship.
              If correct, it makes iup's defense even more impressive!

Comment

• Hawk Talk tonight live at Hilton (you can listen on radio or watch live online).

Comment

Hawk Talk tonight live at Hilton (you can listen on radio or watch live online).
                  Oh wow, they said the last Hawk Talk was the last for the year. I guess they changed their minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Oh wow, they said the last Hawk Talk was the last for the year. I guess they changed their minds?
                    The called it the Atlantic Regional Special Edition.

I'm sure some of the teams will arrive today. Perhaps old Jack has some special guests lined up.

Comment

• Joe basically implied on the show tonight that they are playing Kentucky on Saturday.

Comment

Joe basically implied on the show tonight that they are playing Kentucky on Saturday.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X