• Show
Clear All

• IUP gets Hillsdale. Nova-Black Hills. Augusta-Chico. Bentley-NWMS

IUP plays at 7pm

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
      IUP gets Hillsdale. Nova-Black Hills. Augusta-Chico. Bentley-NWMS

IUP plays at 7pm
      Looks as if Hillsdale got hot at tourney time. They apparently substitute quite a bit as they have seven guys averaging 17 minutes or more. Patrick Carter, a 6-8 forward, apparently keys their team as he averages 22 ppg. None of their other players average in double figures, although a couple hover around 10 ppg. Obviously, the IUP bigs will need to limit Carter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Looks as if Hillsdale got hot at tourney time. They apparently substitute quite a bit as they have seven guys averaging 17 minutes or more. Patrick Carter, a 6-8 forward, apparently keys their team as he averages 22 ppg. None of their other players average in double figures, although a couple hover around 10 ppg. Obviously, the IUP bigs will need to limit Carter.
        Nova will get NWMS in the Final Four (if they both win their first game).

Hillsdale season was odd. Often when they lose ... they really lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Nova will get NWMS in the Final Four (if they both win their first game).

Hillsdale season was odd. Often when they lose ... they really lose.
          Yeah, I noticed that. The Carter kid shoots about 66 percent from the field and made 44 percent of his three-pointers. He's apparently a player. Their shooting percentages as a team are pretty decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, I noticed that. The Carter kid shoots about 66 percent from the field and made 44 percent of his three-pointers. He's apparently a player. Their shooting percentages as a team are pretty decent.
            WLU handled Cartier with Marlon Moore last year (a very strong performance from Moore), but Porterfield is a more polished big than Moore, so I suspect he won't have too much trouble. And Ethan won't mind a bit if Cartier wants to head out toward the perimeter--Ethan is quite comfortable out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

WLU handled Cartier with Marlon Moore last year (a very strong performance from Moore), but Porterfield is a more polished big than Moore, so I suspect he won't have too much trouble. And Ethan won't mind a bit if Cartier wants to head out toward the perimeter--Ethan is quite comfortable out there.
              Interesting. IUP has the horses to defend well. If they score enough they should be OK.

Comment

• Imho, iup could not ask for a better path to finals.
                - hillsdale is very well coached, but soft.
                - now augusta is a different story. Very strong, athletic team with a strong athletic 7 footer. Tough game.
                - nova will overwhelm bhsu.
                - nmsu wins comfortably.

Nova versus nwmsu is can't miss high level ball. This year they won't have a week to prepare for the press like last year. I like nova se in a nail biter. This is the game for national title.

finals iup versus nova. Press and depth is difference. Inside sunahara and sylla will cause problems.

Comment

Music playlist was delegated.

That's not typical during the season.
                  I believe that's an NCAA policy. I know when the Lone Star Conference hosted their tournament in Frisco, they had the same set of songs during warmups for each game, so I'd suspect the NCAA chose the playlist for regionals since it's supposed to be a neutral game experience, even when the host team is playing.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Take that up with the geniuses in Harrisburg. They're the ones who set the academic calendars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                      Imho, iup could not ask for a better path to finals.
                      - hillsdale is very well coached, but soft.
                      - now augusta is a different story. Very strong, athletic team with a strong athletic 7 footer. Tough game.
                      - nova will overwhelm bhsu.
                      - nmsu wins comfortably.

Nova versus nwmsu is can't miss high level ball. This year they won't have a week to prepare for the press like last year. I like nova se in a nail biter. This is the game for national title.

finals iup versus nova. Press and depth is difference. Inside sunahara and sylla will cause problems.
                      Out of curiosity, what's Joe's record against Crutchfield (IUP vs. West Liberty)? If Nova plays the same style as Crutch had at West Liberty, I wonder if some of those past IUP vs. WLU games could come in handy if it turns out to be IUP vs. Nova in the finals.

But, of course, IUP has to take care of business against Hillsdale first...

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Out of curiosity, what's Joe's record against Crutchfield (IUP vs. West Liberty)? If Nova plays the same style as Crutch had at West Liberty, I wonder if some of those past IUP vs. WLU games could come in handy if it turns out to be IUP vs. Nova in the finals.

But, of course, IUP has to take care of business against Hillsdale first...
                        Not 100% sure that would be indicative. Crutch has much better athletes in the system this year than he ever did at WLU. Much easier to convince a bona fide star from Ohio (or from Pittsburgh in Nick Smith's case) to come to Ft. Lauderdale than it is to get him to go over the river and up the hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Not 100% sure that would be indicative. Crutch has much better athletes in the system this year than he ever did at WLU. Much easier to convince a bona fide star from Ohio (or from Pittsburgh in Nick Smith's case) to come to Ft. Lauderdale than it is to get him to go over the river and up the hill.
                          That may be true, but when it comes to the playoffs, regardless of sport, a team can have the better talent, but can lose because of better scheming/game planning. That's what makes tournaments so unpredictable.

That said, Joe is 2-3 vs. West Liberty during the Crutchfield era:

2010: W, 84-72
                          2011: L, 86-89
                          2013: L, 63-86
                          2014: L, 85-86 (OT)
                          2015: W, 77-74

If nothing else, it adds another interesting element to a potential matchup for some - especially the IUP faithful (hey, I gotta give them some reason to believe the Red Chickens can bring a title back to Pennsylvania).

Comment

• Worry about the Holy One when it happens.

Until it does ... Hillsdale is the only game that means a thing.

Comment

Worry about the Holy One when it happens.

Until it does ... Hillsdale is the only game that means a thing.

Comment

• Truthfully, I would worry about Northwest more than Nova. Like your comment about Joe in the other thread, NWMSU also knows exactly what to do in these situations and has proven time and again that they're up to the task.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X