Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four 'watch parties' announced for Tuesday.

Al Patti's

Coney

Levity

Hilton

I was hoping they'd put it on the big screen at the KCAC but no dice.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Four 'watch parties' announced for Tuesday.

Al Patti's

Coney

Levity

Hilton

Comment

• For what their beer costs hopefully they can afford to buy a couple lol

Comment

Basketball is the ONLY sport at IUP that could consider such a move. The infrastructure is there. Or, it's at least in the realm of possibility.

While the football program is strong, its facilities are a joke. Miller Stadium wouldn't even be a nice WPIAL Class 2A stadium. The other football-related amenities -- weight room, lockers, etc., ... are awful. You could get in the Hot Tub Time Machine, land in 1985 ... and still say they are awful.

Historically, most of the other sports have been treated like, well, basically a collection of red-headed step children. Although I will say the new AD seems to be putting much more attention toward them.

Basketball-wise, the immediate question would be where would they even go? The Northeast Conference would fight tooth and nail to keep them out. And, being honest, joining that league would be about as exciting as watching grass grow.

This topic comes up every time they play well in to March. The men's program is set up to win here year after year.
          Not to get too deep into the weeds on a hypothetical, but it is nice as a D2 power to be able to recruit talented, but underlooked kids from Farrell, Sharon and Meadville or take some D1 transfers. The alternative is having to sell your soul for a player who can produce, but might end up getting you fired.

Comment

Four 'watch parties' announced for Tuesday.

Al Patti's

Coney

Levity

Hilton

Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 03-19-2022, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• No you're right. Not a great flight destination.

If they get to Saturday I'm going to make the trip.

Comment

• Comment

• They don't always play it in Evansville, do they? A short while back it was in Sioux Falls, S.D. I know that because that was the year Ship got beat in the regional final. I have a cousin in Sioux Falls and was considering a trip out there if Ship had made the Elite Eight.

Comment

• Hershey needs to bid for this crap. The Giant Center is a perfect venue.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Hershey needs to bid for this crap. The Giant Center is a perfect venue.
                      That would be a good one. There are actually several venues in Pa. that would be good sites for the tournament.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

They don't always play it in Evansville, do they? A short while back it was in Sioux Falls, S.D. I know that because that was the year Ship got beat in the regional final. I have a cousin in Sioux Falls and was considering a trip out there if Ship had made the Elite Eight.

Comment

That would be a good one. There are actually several venues in Pa. that would be good sites for the tournament.

Comment

They don't always play it in Evansville, do they? A short while back it was in Sioux Falls, S.D. I know that because that was the year Ship got beat in the regional final. I have a cousin in Sioux Falls and was considering a trip out there if Ship had made the Elite Eight.
                              Correct. They had it there a couple years back. I think it was two straight seasons. Cause the one year was when Fairmont went to the final.

But if you look back historically, and in recent history, like 8 of 10 times it gets played in Evansville. No clue why.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X