Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice perk of Joe being a longtime friend of John Calapari ... IUP practiced yesterday at Kentucky's facility.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Nice perk of Joe being a longtime friend of John Calapari ... IUP practiced yesterday at Kentucky's facility.

Comment

Nice perk of Joe being a longtime friend of John Calapari ... IUP practiced yesterday at Kentucky's facility.
        Well, guess Kentucky doesn't need them any more right now. ;-)

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• They hype video IUP put on Twitter today was excellent. It was a collage of highlights from the regional final with shots from many different angles (including the catwalk).

Comment

• I think we just all want it to get there. Not knowing much about the opponent makes it hard to say much. The photos from Kentucky were pretty cool though. What an experience for the players and coaches. There's a ton Joe brings to the program beyond what we see on the floor on game days.
                Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 03-21-2022, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• Calm before the storm!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Correct. They had it there a couple years back. I think it was two straight seasons. Cause the one year was when Fairmont went to the final.

But if you look back historically, and in recent history, like 8 of 10 times it gets played in Evansville. No clue why.
                      The Ohio Valley Conference in D1 uses the Ford center in Evansville for most of their conference tourneys. I plan to go to it some day. How they handle is I think it lasts for a week. Their womens tourney is played in early session (2 games) and the mens play the late session (2 games). Probably save a lot of money playing both in the same building in the same week.

Comment

• There's a link on WCCS with some sound clips from Joe talking about tonight's game.

He said Hillsdale runs a very polished offense -- probably most comparable to UPJ (only more advanced).

Jack and Tony's pregame show goes on the air at 6 p.m.

Comment

There's a link on WCCS with some sound clips from Joe talking about tonight's game.

He said Hillsdale runs a very polished offense -- probably most comparable to UPJ (only more advanced).

Jack and Tony's pregame show goes on the air at 6 p.m.

Is the NCAA or anyone streaming the event? I might like to give it a watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Is the NCAA or anyone streaming the event? I might like to give it a watch.
                            There is a stream. You can find the link through the IUP site or on NCAA.com

7 p.m. EST

Comment

• Some quotes from today's Indiana Gazette:

Hillsdale coach John Tharp:

"We knew how talented they (IUP) are and the success they've had," Tharp said. "When we saw Mercyhurst and then saw IUP on film, first we saw they're incredibly well-coached, and some of the switching they do reminds me of Mercyhurst's style a little bit. Cedarville plays a matchup zone, and IUP's is a switching man-to-man. So you see pieces of it, but you don't see the whole thing.

"Then look at what they do offensively, we've faced some athletes, but that's a totally different thing. The first time we watched them on film you can see they can beat you a lot of different ways: exceptional guard play; and the big kid in the middle is really special; and guys off the bench have given them good minutes."

Joe Lombardi:

"I'm a little concerned because they're a little bit different than what we've faced all year," Lombardi said. "On offense they run pure motion. A lot of guys can shoot the ball, and they have a great inside post player. They're a little comparable to Pitt-Johnstown, but their motion offense is a little bit more sophisticated, let's say, so it's a challenge for our defense. We switch 1 through 4, and the guys really have to communicate and anticipate some stuff and react.

"The problem when you play a team like that is it's a different style than what we've been playing and there's a learning curve, and you can't simulate it well in practice the way Hillsdale has for a hundred practices. That concerns me a little bit."

Tharp on star forward Patrick Cartier:

"He's as old-school player as you can get," he said. "His footwork is outstanding. We can throw it inside, and in today's game, that's not seen very often. We're pretty old school with how we play, and that has to be our formula for our success."

Lombardi:

"The biggest thing is to have these guys play loose," he said. "How the tournament goes, how the game goes does not define our season or who we are. So many teams get into this arena, and the biggest thing as a coach is to get them not to put much emphasis on performing or winning. We want to stay with the process and stay in the moment and play for each other, and when you play for each other, you tend to be less nervous because you fell like you're doing it together. When you start playing for yourself it can become expectations, and that gets you out of your comfort zone. I think that's more important than X's and O's."

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X