Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I heard ncaa brought out a new Wilson ball for the tournament and that some teams thought it affected their shooting. Has anyone heard this from iup? If so, I suspect ncaa got big $ from Wilson, but they should have waited until start of next season.

Comment

• Thanks for the replay. I see nothing questionable about official's decision. Instead of meeting the ball, the bhsu guy swung at it (aau coaching strikes again). Follow through hit Diego in chin and neck area with such force at 90 degrees to his direction of movement that he was spun out of control for the landing. The same guy taunting him was another selfish, knucklehead play for a T. A guy in the air getting contact high at this angle is at significant risk for injury.

I looked at #11's stats. He averages 4.3 fouls per 40 mins. 50 fouls in 462 minutes of play. I hope he is just a bad defender and does not view himself as some kind of 6-9 enforcer. The taunting after the foul is troubling.
      Last edited by Columbuseer; 03-25-2022, 03:36 PM. Reason: Added ciseraks foul statsth

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Have there been some rumblings about the portal? Hard to believe most of the players on that team would want to leave unless they have D1 aspirations. With only one senior, IUP is poised to make a serious run next season, especially if Jones returns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If you find out how to solve the shooting thing, relay it to us at Ship. Amidst what was generally a good season, there were several clunkers this year. In a two-game stretch that probably doomed the team's NCAA chances, Ship hit 4-of-33 three-point shots in an overtime loss to Lock Haven (average for the year was 33 percent three-point shooting) and followed that up with a one-point loss to West Chester in which they made only 11 of 23 free throws. Head-scratching stuff.

I actually do think there's a little something to the notion that good (or bad) shooting can be contagious, especially in the era of the three-point shot. If your main gunner gets going early, it gives him a shot of confidence and often results in more open looks for the rest of the team. I know when Jake Biss got off to a hot start for Ship this season, the rest of the team generally followed. When your best shooters aren't hitting, sometimes the fallback options feel they have to pick up the slack and start gunning. If they miss a couple as well, anxiety starts setting and you see the ball flying all over the place. That isn't always true, of course. Sometimes one guy gets hot and the rest of the team hits nothing. But I've seen it happen enough times to convince me there's something to it.

Comment

• Comment

• I don't see any departures. Granted, Joe may make a couple cuts deep down the bench. So, they should enter next year with:

Starting Five

Armoni (a healthy version)
              Shawndale
              David Morris
              Ethan
              Tomiwa

Bench

Dillard
              Polce
              Radford
              Diop
              Damir Brooks
              Waldo (true freshman)

Deep bench (as of now)

Cordon
              Nolan
              Aussie

I suspect they will add one transfer -- likely a post player or a shooting guard. Waldo will likely redshirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't see any departures. Granted, Joe may make a couple cuts deep down the bench. So, they should enter next year with:

Starting Five

Shawndale
                David Morris
                Ethan
                Tomiwa

Bench

Dillard
                Polce
                Radford
                Diop
                Damir Brooks
                Waldo (true freshman)

Deep bench (as of now)

Cordon
                Nolan
                Aussie

I suspect they will add one transfer -- likely a post player or a shooting guard. Waldo will likely redshirt.

Comment

I don't see any departures. Granted, Joe may make a couple cuts deep down the bench. So, they should enter next year with:

Starting Five

Shawndale
                  David Morris
                  Ethan
                  Tomiwa

Bench

Dillard
                  Polce
                  Radford
                  Diop
                  Damir Brooks
                  Waldo (true freshman)

Deep bench (as of now)

Cordon
                  Nolan
                  Aussie

Sounds about right - someone to replace Demo maybe - The only player I'd even guess might transfer could be Tomiwa, I heard an interview with him where he talked about how hard it was to get good coaching and competition in BB in the UK, now he's here he has had amazing progress. Might someone think he has a much higher ceiling than we've seen ? He certainly seems to have the physical part.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Sounds about right - someone to replace Demo maybe - The only player I'd even guess might transfer could be Tomiwa, I heard an interview with him where he talked about how hard it was to get good coaching and competition in BB in the UK, now he's here he has had amazing progress. Might someone think he has a much higher ceiling than we've seen ? He certainly seems to have the physical part.
                    They are very high on Damir Brooks. He could have played this year. He's built just like Tomiwa ... maybe 10 lbs heavier. They are both about 6'6". He's big now. Another year on the weights and he will be a physical beast ... could be the 'muscle' next year. He can jump out of the gym, too.

Back to football mode.

Comment

Starting Five

Shawndale
                      David Morris
                      Ethan
                      Tomiwa

Bench

Dillard
                      Polce
                      Radford
                      Diop
                      Damir Brooks
                      Waldo (true freshman)

Deep bench (as of now)

Cordon
                      Nolan
                      Aussie

Did you forget KJ???

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Did you forget KJ???
                        Yes. My fault.

Comment

Yes. My fault.

Comment

• Comment

• I think with Ship they got caught at kind of an awkward stage of recruiting with the non-Covid season and had little depth in a season where most teams did not have a great deal of depth. With Nedrow's lengthy absence toward the end of the season, they literally had nobody beyond the starting five outside of a couple of very green freshmen. When the starting five has to score about 95 percent of the points, eventually one or two guys are going to have bad nights and if you're not getting more than 2-3 points off the bench you might be in for a long night. I was amazed as how well those five guys held up most of the time, and I thought they played a great game at East Stroud in the PSAC quarterfinals, but having to beat IUP for the second time to win the semis was a big ask, especially considering only two other teams beat them the entire year, and one of those was a team with a 7-foot stud in the D2 semifinals.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X