Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

According to yesterday's broadcast, Hudgens apparently told reporters that yesterday was his last game in a Bearcat uniform.

Comment

• We'll learn about Armoni in the coming days. I have a feeling he's going to stay. Playing since December with one hand likely didn't help his chances of moving up.

I'd guess IUP gets one more year with Suliaman but that's likely it. His star is going to explode next year (most forget he was a freshman this year). Being from England, I could see him going back to play in their pro leagues after next season.

Ethan will hopefully get all that weight he lost back on. I know he lost about 30 lbs during his illness in Dec-Jan. He was playing around 205 at the end.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Entitlement

Comment

• It was well earned too. I think there must be a NWMSU staff hypnotist who causes players to unlearn bad AAU habits and actually do what the coach says!. Every other coach has had very inconsistent success in this regard.

Comment

• I think they would have been the front runner to win the NC but that there are a number of other teams that could make a case for their ability to claim the NC that year. But it's hard to argue that a team that won the NC the year before and then won the two years after the pandemic cancelled tourney would not have won it during the cancelled tourney.

Comment

• I think Ferris State had something to say about football this past season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I think Ferris State had something to say about football this past season.
                            Joe will be in the mix next year.

Football isn't even close. IUP will be strong in SR1 football in the Fall ... but not much beyond.

It's all depth in football. With 23-25 equivalencies they just can't build the quality depth needed to compete outside SR1.

By November, it's almost 100% guaranteed you'll have guys out. That's just football. SR1 teams lack the quality reinforcements.

The top football teams in SR1 can hang with anybody players 1-22. It's players 23-44 that separate things in November.

Comment

• Until we see otherwise, I'm assuming all of the core players are returning next season.

So, right off the start, Joe is going to have (6) guards with a lot of experience.

Guards

Starters: Shawndale, Armoni and David.

Bench: Radford, Polce, Dillard

Starters: Ethan and Tomiwa

Bench: Diop, Damir Brooks

Utility

KJ Rhodes

Signed True Freshman

Dolan Waldo (6'7" small forward)

Deep bench:

Enrique Cordon, Callum MacNamara, Nolan Burk

One would likely assume Waldo takes a redshirt. He'll need a year to bulk up some.

So, with Tommy coming off the payroll, that leaves open likely a good chuck of money. I'd think the three bench guards all get a bigger piece of the financial pie.

I'd guess if they do sign a transfer it would be a versatile SF -- ideally one who could also play guard in a pinch.

Diop concerns me mostly because Joe doesn't seem to want to play him very much. But, Damir Brooks is going to be a beast. So, Diop would essentially be the 4th post player.

There would likely have to be a little house cleaning (i.e. cuts) to make room.

At first I thought they may pursue a transfer guard. But, Radford, Polce and Dillard won't be freshmen any longer. They should all three see big improvements this off-season.

Some of you know I've been lobbying for IUP to sign former St. Francis shooting guard Bryce Laskey. He gives them a big shooter at 6'5" and he's physical enough to get underneath. Assuming all stay healthy, however, guard minutes will be pretty tough to get. Laskey has two years' eligibility.

Maybe if they take a transfer they try and find the big muscle guy for underneath ... the old school enforcer type.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Joe will be in the mix next year.

Football isn't even close. IUP will be strong in SR1 football in the Fall ... but not much beyond.

It's all depth in football. With 23-25 equivalencies they just can't build the quality depth needed to compete outside SR1.

By November, it's almost 100% guaranteed you'll have guys out. That's just football. SR1 teams lack the quality reinforcements.

The top football teams in SR1 can hang with anybody players 1-22. It's players 23-44 that separate things in November.
                                Wasn't referring to IUP, just a previous statement that Northwest Missouri was the Patriots of D2. I realize those of us in SR1 are a ways off in football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X