Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His post said he was going to 'explore his options' ... that wasn't necessarily a 'goodbye' type of message.

He's certainly earned the right to explore. But, him not being here next year is far from a done deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

His post said he was going to 'explore his options' ... that wasn't necessarily a 'goodbye' type of message.

He's certainly earned the right to explore. But, him not being here next year is far from a done deal.
      Hammer meet nail... he's looking for the right situation. If it's not there then I'm sure he'll be back. I can't imagine he'd be looking to play at schools like Youngstown St, Duquense, etc that are going nowhere. I would assume it would be a school that would get him exposure, playing time and possibly getting to March Madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hammer meet nail... he's looking for the right situation. If it's not there then I'm sure he'll be back. I can't imagine he'd be looking to play at schools like Youngstown St, Duquense, etc that are going nowhere. I would assume it would be a school that would get him exposure, playing time and possibly getting to March Madness.
        If I'm Joe, I'm not waiting around to find out what he's going to do. I would be moving forward under the assumption he won't be here.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If I'm Joe, I'm not waiting around to find out what he's going to do. I would be moving forward under the assumption he won't be here.
          The quickest fixes are either Mulbah or McIntosh.

Both have one year and form a perfect bridge until Dallis takes over his junior year. Not only that, both are really good.

Mulbaha's explosiveness in that lineup would be nasty.

If you sign one and Armoni comes back ... oh well. All the better.

Bur, if I'm and... the limo is being sent for Mulbah.

Comment

His post said he was going to 'explore his options' ... that wasn't necessarily a 'goodbye' type of message.

I'd be hard-pressed to believe Armoni isn't getting some help from Joe & Co. in the transfer process. He came to IUP to be a four-year guy, which he was, so I doubt they'd let him go without good intel or leave for a poor situation. It's a situation of where can he go to get the exposure to help him become a better pro for Europe or maybe the G League.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

I'd be hard-pressed to believe Armoni isn't getting some help from Joe & Co. in the transfer process. He came to IUP to be a four-year guy, which he was, so I doubt they'd let him go without good intel or leave for a poor situation. It's a situation of where can he go to get the exposure to help him become a better pro for Europe or maybe the G League.
              He's a grad transfer so IUP has no say in it. But, yes, I'm sure they will help.

My guess would be if it comes down to some D1 outpost like Robert Morris or IUP ... he'd come back.

Comment

He's a grad transfer so IUP has no say in it. But, yes, I'm sure they will help.

My guess would be if it comes down to some D1 outpost like Robert Morris or IUP ... he'd come back.

Comment

The quickest fixes are either Mulbah or McIntosh.

Both have one year and form a perfect bridge until Dallis takes over his junior year. Not only that, both are really good.

Mulbaha's explosiveness in that lineup would be nasty.

If you sign one and Armoni comes back ... oh well. All the better.

Bur, if I'm and... the limo is being sent for Mulbah.

Comment

• D1 isn't exactly dying for 5'9" PGs with one year of eligibility. Mulbah and McIntosh are both in that 5'9" range.

I get it ... this is part of the process nowadays. But, the clock will strike midnight soon for many of these D1 hopefuls. Reality will set it. Then ... most will need to quickly find a home. There's only so many spots. Some have no chance. Many just got bad advice from somebody and chose to leave good situations.

The trickle down is it creates less and less spots for high school recruits. Initially, that should mean more quality players fall to D2. That is until they all do the same thing in a year or two.

Comment

• The fact that he'll be a grad transfer increases the likelihood he goes D1. Its like some of the D1 grad transfers we've seen in football. If you already have your degree in hand, now you can play a year of D1 ball for free and say you've played D1 and increase your looks for pro ball. It will probably come down to D1 bragging rights or the chance to win a championship at IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        The fact that he'll be a grad transfer increases the likelihood he goes D1. Its like some of the D1 grad transfers we've seen in football. If you already have your degree in hand, now you can play a year of D1 ball for free and say you've played D1 and increase your looks for pro ball. It will probably come down to D1 bragging rights or the chance to win a championship at IUP.
                        Yahel Hill left West Liberty to play 16 mpg and make zero starts as a senior at Cleveland State.

I just hope many of these guys realize the risk they are taking ... going from being stars to potential pine riders.

The Cleveland State's of the world are hardly glamorous. Not to say D2 is, either, but you can at least play 35 mpg on elite teams.

Comment

Yahel Hill left West Liberty to play 16 mpg and make zero starts as a senior at Cleveland State.

I just hope many of these guys realize the risk they are taking ... going from being stars to potential pine riders.

The Cleveland State's of the world are hardly glamorous. Not to say D2 is, either, but you can at least play 35 mpg on elite teams.
                          Good example. It could be argued that d1 actually hindered his development, more than just the limited minutes. Comparing freshman year to senior year:
                          wlu-->csu
                          3pt % 48%-->34%
                          ft % 84%-->74%
                          Fg% 53%-- 46%

Assist to turnover ratio. 1 72--> 1 1
                          Minutes 26 mins --> 16 mins

Had he stayed at wlu, he had an outside chance of playing overseas, although his slight build would have been a hindrance.

as long as he is happy with his decision and the outcome, that is all that matters
                          Last edited by Columbuseer; 04-06-2022, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Oh I agree - but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. D1 is something to brag about, not as much winning a PSAC championship. A lot of D2 stars have a chip on their shoulders about D1 so its hard to pass up similar to what you see with mid-majors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Good example. It could be argued that d1 actually hindered his development, more than just the limited minutes. Comparing freshman year to senior year:
                              wlu-->csu
                              3pt % 48%-->34%
                              ft % 84%-->74%
                              Fg% 53%-- 46%

Assist to turnover ratio. 1 72--> 1 1
                              Minutes 26 mins --> 16 mins

Had he stayed at wlu, he had an outside chance of playing overseas, although his slight build would have been a hindrance.

as long as he is happy with his decision and the outcome, that is all that matters

We sometimes put too much stock in to playing overseas. I've got to know a ton of basketball players who have come through IUP and very few have even wanted to play after college.

The majority of those who have will come back and pretty much say it wasn't a good experience. The truly elite D2 players -- Dustin Sleva, etc. -- can actually catch on in the higher levels over there and make some actual money. But, most end up in Siberia-type places playing for peanuts and enduring terrible living conditions. Most stay a year -- two at the max -- and then get started with life after basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Oh I agree - but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. D1 is something to brag about, not as much winning a PSAC championship. A lot of D2 stars have a chip on their shoulders about D1 so its hard to pass up similar to what you see with mid-majors.
                                I think that chip on the shoulder is the key here. They want to see how they would do, play against much better players. As someone said, they likely won't play in the pros, so at least they get to say they played against guys that do. I don't think less playing time, etc. is a consideration. Its that one chance to say you played against the best.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X