Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

The Findlay/Toledo exhibition is tonight at 8 p.m. and will be broadcast on a live feed (if anybody wants a look at IUP's first opponent).

Findlay was a unanimous choice as No. 1 in the GMAC coaches' poll.

Hopefully IUP is having a 'practice' game against somebody prior to the opening game. I know last year they practiced with Davis and Elkins. St. Francis would be a logical choice. Lot of talent but a lot of new faces to blend in that rough opening weekend.

Comment

Findlay just beat Toledo, 89-86. The Oilers hit 13 treys in the win.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Findlay just beat Toledo, 89-86. The Oilers hit 13 treys in the win.
        Interesting... competition is good.

Comment

Ferris State was selected today as the preseason favorite in the GLIAC (coaches' poll).

Hankins, their star 6'10" center, was picked preseason POY.

Ferris State is playing at preseason No. 2 Michigan State tomorrow night.

Both Findlay and Ferris getting big tune-ups .... making me a little nervous.

Comment

Ferris State was selected today as the preseason favorite in the GLIAC (coaches' poll).

Hankins, their star 6'10" center, was picked preseason POY.

Ferris State is playing at preseason No. 2 Michigan State tomorrow night.

Both Findlay and Ferris getting big tune-ups .... making me a little nervous.
            I am surprised that Joe didn't land a D1 exhibition for this team given that he's not shying away from acknowledging he expects them to be pretty darn good. I understand getting one of these games isn't as simple as wanting to play one but with his connections you'd have thought he could've talked somebody into it.

Comment

The only thing I can come up with is he didn't want any game film out prior to the Evansville trip. I'd assume it will eventually come out they held some joint practices with somebody.

The killer is, while these games are nice, ... come home 0-2 and you likely eliminate the chance of hosting before anybody else in the Atlantic even plays. I guess if you get invited you can't say no. I'm hoping for a split (at minimum).

BTW, the Ferris vs Michigan State game is on the Big 10 Network tonight at 8 p.m.

It's always interesting to me to see an elite D2 big take on high-end D1 bigs.

Comment

Ferris State lost to No. 2 Michigan State, 80-72.

Comment

Good game pretty much the whole way. That's gonna be a tough one for IUP

Comment

Are you sure theses games count towards regional rankings. It's hard to believe joe would agree to play two elite teams that could jeopardize post season home court. My guess is these games are meant to showcase d2 talent without any team getting screwed long term. I might be wrong though.

Comment

These are not exhibitions and will count in the regular season record. As for the 'out of region' question: It is my understanding they will count toward the regional rankings as the teams they are playing are in leagues which have teams bordering our region/state.

I believe this was a key factor in determining who played who in this event. The pairings had a distinct geographical pattern.

Joe's always been a big believer in playing a very tough first half. Had he played a patsy last year in December instead of Fairmont ... he may have (probably) hosted the Regional. I have a mixed opinion on it (not that my opinion means anything). The schedule this year is a bit extreme. The 'Preseason No. 3' could very easily start the season 0-2. Or, they go out there and win. It's a risk. If anything it's a giant SOS boost later down the road.

On top of these two games they have a very strong Virginia State coming in very early, a trip to Bowie, Fairmont State, ... I don't know what to expect the record will be by XMAS.

Comment

These are not exhibitions and will count in the regular season record. As for the 'out of region' question: It is my understanding they will count toward the regional rankings as the teams they are playing are in leagues which have teams bordering our region/state.

I believe this was a key factor in determining who played who in this event. The pairings had a distinct geographical pattern.

Joe's always been a big believer in playing a very tough first half. Had he played a patsy last year in December instead of Fairmont ... he may have (probably) hosted the Regional. I have a mixed opinion on it (not that my opinion means anything). The schedule this year is a bit extreme. The 'Preseason No. 3' could very easily start the season 0-2. Or, they go out there and win. It's a risk. If anything it's a giant SOS boost later down the road.

On top of these two games they have a very strong Virginia State coming in very early, a trip to Bowie, Fairmont State, ... I don't know what to expect the record will be by XMAS.
                        I do think one loss in this early season slugfest is worth it bc of the boost in Schedule Strength...that bump never goes away all year.. the narrative will be look at the schedule they played...I think more and more post season committees use that stronger criteria from D1 hoop tourney to Final 4 in College football....may not be as big a bump with D2...but it will help..

I'd love it if WL had the chance to get a bump like that...and more importantly, it shows the coach how "for real" the team is Day one...no guess work..and you know what you need to work on...

Comment

http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/landing/index

Ferris State vs. Michigan Stage highlights ... cool video.

Comment

Hankins and Sleva are very similar players. Their post moves and athleticism are identical. I don't think Hankins shoots outside much like Sleva does ...

Comment

If any of you don't read the West Liberty thread click on it tonight. There is a link to donate to one of their players, Brady Arnold (who was diagnosed with cancer). If you can ...

Comment

Did anybody pop in to the men's 'public' scrimmage prior to the football game this past Saturday?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X