Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Perhaps, although a lot of the D1 players who attend camps and play AAU ball still seem to has some noticeable holes in their game. Any kid who can learn to shoot a consistent pull-up jump shot at the elbow should be able to pick up a lot of extra points these days.
    I went to a big AAU tourney with teams from many midwest states. Few team concepts were on display. Mostly 1 on 1 or 2 man offense. I asked a coach that I knew at a break, "Does AAU have a rule forbidding full court press pressure?"

He laughed and said that he only knew of 1 team that presses- from Cincinnati area.

It was a shame to see such gifted athletes with such a limited understanding of the game and who make fundamental errors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I went to a big AAU tourney with teams from many midwest states. Few team concepts were on display. Mostly 1 on 1 or 2 man offense. I asked a coach that I knew at a break, "Does AAU have a rule forbidding full court press pressure?"

He laughed and said that he only knew of 1 team that presses- from Cincinnati area.

It was a shame to see such gifted athletes with such a limited understanding of the game and who make fundamental errors.
      Sadly "flash before fundamentals" is now a part of a good deal of the national culture including writing, music, art, business and, of course, sports. My guess it's only going to get worse.

Comment

• [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Sadly "flash before fundamentals" is now a part of a good deal of the national culture including writing, music, art, business and, of course, sports. My guess it's only going to get worse.
          Everybody want's their 15 minutes of fame. On the basketball court you get that fame by thunder dunks and "breaking your opponent's ankles" in the open court. Doesn't matter if it takes a full season of trying, as long as you can put together a fire 5 minute sizzle tape of you dunking and taking the ball to the hole that will draw thousands of Twitter and YouTube likes...THAT'S what it's all about!!! You certainly don't get that from defense, sound fundamentals and popping short, unspectacular jumpers from the elbow. Those ain't going to generate nearly enough likes so why even bother.

Comment

• Armoni is signing with Buffalo.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Armoni is signing with Buffalo.
              He'll get a lot of run there but I just don't think it helps is stock playing in that conference!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He'll get a lot of run there but I just don't think it helps is stock playing in that conference!
                That will help his family, travel-wise, too.

I think he could have went more high-profile but then may have been a 10-12 mpg player.

Buffalo is a pretty good program.

Well, anyway, when is Fred Mulbah arriving at the KCAC?

Comment

That will help his family, travel-wise, too.

I think he could have went more high-profile but then may have been a 10-12 mpg player.

Buffalo is a pretty good program.

Well, anyway, when is Fred Mulbah arriving at the KCAC?
                  The conference for the most part is close for them. I would think he'll get about 25 minutes a game there.

Comment

Armoni is signing with Buffalo.

Comment

• MAC is a solid maybe underrated basketball conference. If they had better/newer arenas I think they'd get better guys, push deeper, etc. MAC football & basketball parity is very similar to the PSAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The BULLS have made it to the 2nd round of MM twice recently and the 1st Rd NIT so there certainly is an opportunity to be observed. On the other hand if you don't at least make the MAC finals, the post-season seems out of reach.

Comment

• Armoni went 93-9 at IUP with (3) West titles, (3) PSAC titles and (1) Regional Title.

I firmly beleive the team that had the Regional at the KCAC cancelled due to Covid was the favorite. But, that happened.

What Armoni did this year in the second half (while next to nobody outside the program knew the extent of his injury) was just remarkable. To lead that team to the Final Four with essentially one hand is, well, that's legendary stuff. He also displayed the leadership to keep that team afloat after the loss of Shawndale.

I hope IUP doesn't sit around for 10 years on the Hall of Fame. He should go in immediately.

Comment

• A name still available (aside from Mulbah) is former Gannon guard Lance-Amir Paul.

He had a pretty strong season surrounded by an injury-ravaged, average team. He gets on the floor with IUP's weapons he could be a big player.

Comment

A name still available (aside from Mulbah) is former Gannon guard Lance-Amir Paul.

He had a pretty strong season surrounded by an injury-ravaged, average team. He gets on the floor with IUP's weapons he could be a big player.
                              That is all true but he seems to be holding out for D1which doesn't seem to be happening so the KCAC may be home yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

That is all true but he seems to be holding out for D1which doesn't seem to be happening so the KCAC may be home yet.
                                Well, he's be holding out for quite awhile now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X