X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Armoni is signing with Buffalo.

Comment

• From what I hear, he had 20+ actual offers -- including Duquesne, Missouri and Alabama.

Keep in mind Armoni's family attends EVERY game -- home and away. Buffalo is a good program and is at least somewhat close for his family.

I think he'll have a chance to start there and likely play 25+ mpg. Go up the food chain higher and he could get stuck in like 8-10 mpg.

Comment

From what I hear, he had 20+ actual offers -- including Duquesne, Missouri and Alabama.

Keep in mind Armoni's family attends EVERY game -- home and away. Buffalo is a good program and is at least somewhat close for his family.

I think he'll have a chance to start there and likely play 25+ mpg. Go up the food chain higher and he could get stuck in like 8-10 mpg.

Comment

• Pitt just signed Jorge Diaz Graham from IMG Academy. He's from the Canary Islands (same as former IUP star Jacobo Diaz). He's 7'0" and looks just like Cobo.

Comment

• You need to check out the BULLS record recently. Last 10 years average 21-12, 4 MAC titles followed by MM play twice into the 2nd Rd. Another year in the NIT. Their opponents in the NCAAs were ARIZ ST (W), TEX TCH (L), ARIZ (W), KNTCKY (L), MIAMI FL (L) and WVU (L). IMO playing in Wk 1 of MM gets a player much more notoriety than any D2 game outside of the final. If AF has any dreams of future play ( G LGE, EUROPE), a chance at playing Thurs/Fri and possibly Sat/Sun games makes it a smart move. Time will tell.

Comment

• Joe just signed Jaheim Bethea ... highly-touted, 6'2" PG from Philadelphia.

Comment

Joe just signed Jaheim Bethea ... highly-touted, 6'2" PG from Philadelphia.
                Never heard of him.

Comment

• Here's the known 2022-23 roster as of today:

Guards

David Morris
                  Shawndale Jones
                  Dallis Dillard
                  Kyle Polce
                  Jaheim Bethea

Forwards

Damir Brooks
                  Tomiwa Sulaiman
                  Ethan Porterfield
                  Dolan Waldo
                  Callum MacNamara
                  Nolan Burk

Utility

Enrique Cordon
                  K.J. Rhodes

That's (13) as of today. I'd guess MacNamara, Cordon and Burk are questionable to return -- especially considering they are still actively pursuing a couple transfers. Burk was a walk-on last year. It's possible MacNamara and Cordon were getting a couple bucks.

I'd still like to add a PG and another forward.

Comment

I hope IUP doesn't sit around for 10 years on the Hall of Fame. He should go in immediately.
                    Ahead of...

Cobo Diaz?
                    Brandon Norfleet?
                    Julian Sanders?
                    Ashton Smith?
                    Derrick Freeman?
                    Malik Miller?
                    Devon Cottrell?
                    Devante Chance?
                    Marcel Souberbielle?
                    Thomas Young?
                    Joe Lombardi?

None of them are in. Darryl Webb will go in this fall.
                    http://www.indianagazette.com
                    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Ahead of...

Cobo Diaz?
                      Brandon Norfleet?
                      Julian Sanders?
                      Ashton Smith?
                      Derrick Freeman?
                      Malik Miller?
                      Devon Cottrell?
                      Devante Chance?
                      Marcel Souberbielle?
                      Thomas Young?
                      Joe Lombardi?

None of them are in. Darryl Webb will go in this fall.
                      Depending how deep you want to dive in to this, it could easily be argued Armoni had a better resume, overall, than the others on that list.

Three years:

(3) PSAC Championships
                      (3) West titles
                      (1) Regional Title
                      (1) Final Four
                      ?????* Unfortunately maybe the best team of his three years got shut down the week of the Regional due to the pandemic.
                      All American
                      97-9 record as a starter

His team had Regional hosting rights all three years he started.

I know there are some big names up there, but his resume is tough to beat. And, he played the final 3 months this year with a broken right hand.

A few you listed aren't in the same air with him, career-wise. Cobo, for instance, was a beast but his team's won just (2) NCAA games in four years.

Regardless, the majority of that list will all get in. But, Armoni should definitely be a 'first ballot' guy.

Comment

Depending how deep you want to dive in to this, it could easily be argued Armoni had a better resume, overall, than the others on that list.

Three years:

(3) PSAC Championships
                        (3) West titles
                        (1) Regional Title
                        (1) Final Four
                        ?????* Unfortunately maybe the best team of his three years got shut down the week of the Regional due to the pandemic.
                        All American
                        97-9 record as a starter

His team had Regional hosting rights all three years he started.

I know there are some big names up there, but his resume is tough to beat. And, he played the final 3 months this year with a broken right hand.

A few you listed aren't in the same air with him, career-wise. Cobo, for instance, was a beast but his team's won just (2) NCAA games in four years.

Regardless, the majority of that list will all get in. But, Armoni should definitely be a 'first ballot' guy.
                        I wasn't suggesting those guys had better careers than him. Well, Webb did. I was just questioning the suggestion to waive the 10-year waiting period for Foster.

Other than being an All-American, those accomplishments you listed for are team achievements.

Webb scored more points than Foster, was the national player of the year, won more West titles and played in the same number of Final Fours as him, but he had to wait 11 years to get in.
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

I wasn't suggesting those guys had better careers than him. Well, Webb did. I was just questioning the suggestion to waive the 10-year waiting period for Foster.

Other than being an All-American, those accomplishments you listed for are team achievements.

Webb scored more points than Foster, was the national player of the year, won more West titles and played in the same number of Final Fours as him, but he had to wait 11 years to get in.
                          Webb shouldn't have had to wait! He's the only retired number in IUP history. Webb should've went in immediately as should Armoni. As far as scoring, they played two different positions. Armoni being a PG should've scored less. His job was to create for the whole team. Without looking it up, I'm sure Armoni's assists numbers are way better than Webb.

Comment

• I'd add Joe isn't in the conversation yet. However, Dante is. Obviously, Joe is in and should have the street named after him.

Does Anthony Glover get in the mix? Recall Anthony was the star of the famous 'island of misfit toys' team.

Dante has a mountain of stats but few NCAA wins. He did win a PSAC title his senior year. But ... his first three years weren't HOF level.

But, suffice, Dante will get in (and, should). If Wes Layton is in, Dante is a no-brainer.

Comment

Basketball is a team sport and the PG runs the show. Armoni's W/L is incredible.

You could argue Dante had similar stats to Armoni ... but that comparison ends there. Really quick. Both great careers, but ...

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X