Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Schedule is up.

New Haven visits the KCAC this year (along with PSU-Altoona). The Chargers made the NCAA Tornament a year ago and have a strong program. That will be a challenging game.

No home tip-off weekend or Thanksgiving Classic.
    Interesting, a few Monday league games and ESU coming in late January. Kind of late for a cross over. Tough schedule but I'd bet PSU-Toona is a return favor for last season.

Comment

Schedule is up.

New Haven visits the KCAC this year (along with PSU-Altoona). The Chargers made the NCAA Tornament a year ago and have a strong program. That will be a challenging game.

No home tip-off weekend or Thanksgiving Classic.
      I thought D3 games are worthless to D2 teams, especially those with playoff aspirations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I thought D3 games are worthless to D2 teams, especially those with playoff aspirations.
        They are.

Comment

• I don't get why they are playing PSU-Altoona.

Of course, Joe doesn't call and ask my opinion, either. Lol.

The prop bet before the game will be how many minutes he plays his stars. Recall Armoni played like 38.5 against Pitt-Greensburg (and was still in with IUP up 50+). Even the crowd was yelling to take him out ... to no avail.

Seems to be the norm now in the West to play a game like this ... still wish they didn't.

Joking aside, IUP has lost a superstar two straight seasons in blowout wins. I really hope that is something that changes. Winning by 18 instead of 35 is OK. This isn't a stat-stuffer program.
          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 07-16-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• IUP will play at Syracuse on Oct. 25.

Comment

IUP will play at Syracuse on Oct. 25.
              Start practicing the zone offense!

Comment

• Anthony White, former IUP key reserve, has signed as a grad transfer with Langston University.

He took the last year or two off. Wish he was coming back here instead.

Comment

Anthony White, former IUP key reserve, has signed as a grad transfer with Langston University.

He took the last year or two off. Wish he was coming back here instead.

Comment

• I had heard rumblings about Jaylen Stewart transferring in from Seton Hill. This is a sneaky-good addition. He'll have three years here -- being surrounded with vastly better talent and coaching.

He put up 19 on Joe last year down in Greensburg -- including 4-4 from deep. Great size for a guard/wing at 6'5". Very good athlete.

Keep in mind, Seton Hill had two very good guards ahead of him last year in Drew Green and Samuel Tabe. Those were their best two players and were upperclassmen.

He'll have a year coming up to come off the bench and provide them some very good depth. This is one of those under-the-radar transfers that could pay big.

Comment

• This was a strong three-man class. It didn't have the glitz of signing a Fred Mulbah type name, but it gives them a great head start for the 23-24 season.

Waldo has star potential down the road. He has all the tools. They'll need to bulk him up some this upcoming year. But, he certainly projects to be Joe's next 5-tool small forward. He's 6'7" now ... may grow another inch. I'd certainly expect he'll redshirt this winter. He had a severe ankle injury at this time last summer. He somehow recovered for the season and was very productive. Joe never signs high school players a year in advance. They wanted him bad.

Bethea looks like a young DeVante Chance. Similar builds. Both from Philly. His recruitment was interesting. He had (5) mid-major offers and ended up signing with Joe. He's flashy and a very good defender. He'll bring a lot of toughness. I assume he'll also redshirt this year unless there is a need to activate him.

Stewart likely will be a (limited) rotation guy in his first year in Indiana. He'll give IUP a lot of flexibility.

Comment

• Joe added a big non-conference game since the schedule was originally posted.

IUP will play at Walsh on Nov. 19.

Walsh was 24-7 a year ago.

Comment

• I like it! Joe going to the road this year.

Comment

Joe added a big non-conference game since the schedule was originally posted.

IUP will play at Walsh on Nov. 19.

Walsh was 24-7 a year ago.
                            Imho iup will dominate them. Two ex wlu players on team - hazelbaker and rs frosh Satterfield.
                            they were 24-7, but d3 carnegie mellon beat them in exhibition. psac much stronger conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Imho iup will dominate them. Two ex wlu players on team - hazelbaker and rs frosh Satterfield.
                              they were 24-7, but d3 carnegie mellon beat them in exhibition. psac much stronger conference.

I saw that Carnegie Mellon loss when I looked them up. Looks like they had a couple guys out (including their star Tim Smith Jr.) but, yes, nonetheless. They did make it to Round 2 of the NCAAs last year.

Either way, they'll win a lot of games this year so it's a strong non-conference game for the metrics.

Comment

I saw that Carnegie Mellon loss when I looked them up. Looks like they had a couple guys out (including their star Tim Smith Jr.) but, yes, nonetheless. They did make it to Round 2 of the NCAAs last year.

Either way, they'll win a lot of games this year so it's a strong non-conference game for the metrics.
                                Agreed and it's a new foe!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X