Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This new 'flop' rule is quite interesting. End result is a one-shot foul.

It's been quite absurd so far in the two games I've watched.

Kyle Polce got called for a flop today on a play ... and left the court with (likely) a concussion seconds later. That's one hell of a 'flop' when you just about get knocked unconscious.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's disappointing on this end to have two rotation guys miss both exhibition games.

Not that they'd have won either but it's the live action they are missing and the time playing together against superior competition.

Most years IUP has played two big opponents ... this is usually the result of the second game. They catch the first team off guard but the second team takes the game more seriously.
      I'm not so certain Miami took them more seriously. I think Miami was that much faster and more efficient than Syracuse. There were times that they passed the ball and IUP had no clue they passed it because it happened so fast. Same with attacking the rim. IUP was way to slower when helping and Miami Euro stepped right on by.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm not so certain Miami took them more seriously. I think Miami was that much faster and more efficient than Syracuse. There were times that they passed the ball and IUP had no clue they passed it because it happened so fast. Same with attacking the rim. IUP was way to slower when helping and Miami Euro stepped right on by.
        That wasn't a mess-around game for Miami, either. They played their 7-man rotation the entire game until the final 2 minutes. They wanted that to be a full dress rehearsal.

They'll be a fun team to watch.

Comment

That wasn't a mess-around game for Miami, either. They played their 7-man rotation the entire game until the final 2 minutes. They wanted that to be a full dress rehearsal.

They'll be a fun team to watch.
          We know what Dallis and Diop bring to the table. I'm uncertain about Brooks. He showed a couple good moves around the rim but other than that I didn't see him enough to get a good read. I'm wondering why the minimal minutes. This topic will show it's answer as the season goes on I'm sure.

Comment

We know what Dallis and Diop bring to the table. I'm uncertain about Brooks. He showed a couple good moves around the rim but other than that I didn't see him enough to get a good read. I'm wondering why the minimal minutes. This topic will show it's answer as the season goes on I'm sure.
            It's a good question. It's not like he is a true freshman. He was here and practiced all last year.

I guess it's safe to assume Shawndale is ready to roll. He played 33 minutes yesterday. Although with Polce out there wasn't much choice.

Little less than two weeks until the opener. I sure hope Dillard is out of the doghouse and is considered 'time served'. I assume Polce will miss most of this week.

Comment

• Unreal, called the flop and Polce was hammered on the head on the play. Just an atrocious call bc the NCAA wants officials to call flops. So dumb!

Comment

Unreal, called the flop and Polce was hammered on the head on the play. Just an atrocious call bc the NCAA wants officials to call flops. So dumb!
                Well, the good news is IUP is done seeing anybody remotely resembling Miami's Norchard Omier (6'7", 250 lbs and about 2% body fat) and Syracuse's Jesse Edwards (7'0", 240 lbs and freaky athletic).

Ethan and Tomiwa probably can't wait to see D2 post players.

12 days to the opener vs. Concord (at Clarion)

Comment

• NABC Men's Top 25 was released today.

From the Atlantic:

3. IUP
                  8. West Liberty
                  19. Fairmont State

1 and 2 went to NWMS and Augusta

Comment

• Of note, Walsh came in at No. 20 in the NABC Top 25.

IUP plays at Walsh on Nov. 19 (likely at same time as IUP first round football playoff game).

Comment

Of note, Walsh came in at No. 20 in the NABC Top 25.

IUP plays at Walsh on Nov. 19 (likely at same time as IUP first round football playoff game).
                      UNLESS, IUP steals the bye!

Comment

UNLESS, IUP steals the bye!
                        Joe better get some guys healthy very quickly. That team has more injuries a year than most football programs (per capita).

Comment

Joe better get some guys healthy very quickly. That team has more injuries a year than most football programs (per capita).
                          Injuries are about the only thing that could derail IUP in the PSAC this season, as I know you guys are well aware of after the Jones injury last season. Ship's 3-3 start with Biss on the bench was one factor in keeping the Raiders out of the playoffs last year, although certainly not the only one. Looking at this year's schedule, we could be healthy and still possibly get off to a slow start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Injuries are about the only thing that could derail IUP in the PSAC this season, as I know you guys are well aware of after the Jones injury last season. Ship's 3-3 start with Biss on the bench was one factor in keeping the Raiders out of the playoffs last year, although certainly not the only one. Looking at this year's schedule, we could be healthy and still possibly get off to a slow start.
                            Unfortunately (and, amazingly) they already have 3 guys banged up.

Jalen Stewart, the Seton Hill transfer guard, is dealing with something and didn't dress for either exhibition game. I assumed that was a sign he'd redshirt but I've been told that isn't the case.

Kyle Polce is likely in concussion protocol and will probably miss this week (at least). He had a nasty collision against Miami.

Ousmane Diop is also on the shelf per reports. Time frame unknown.

Dallis Dillard missed both exhibitions but I don't think that was injury-related.

Luckily, they have about 10 more days until things get real.

It's getting hard to remember the last time Joe played a game at full strength. It's been a long time.

Comment

Of note, Walsh came in at No. 20 in the NABC Top 25.

Will be surprised if Walsh keeps it close, even though they are picked to win gmac. They lost to d3 Carnegie Mellon last year. PSAC much stronger conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Will be surprised if Walsh keeps it close, even though they are picked to win gmac. They lost to d3 Carnegie Mellon last year. PSAC much stronger conference.
                                A lot changes in a year. We'll see.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X