Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP hosts ESU at the end of January.
    Didn't know they were on the regular-season schedule. Should be a good playoff preview as barring some serious upsets I think they win their respective divisions and meet in the PSAC playoffs, then possibly again in the regionals. Yeah, Pepin is somewhat reminiscent of Alston. ESU is probably lucky to have him back this season. He certainly might have had a shot at hooking up with some secondary D1 teams.

Comment

Ethan was never a shutdown defender. He's never going to be, either. But, he does pretty well for the most part. He still gets tough boards and some blocks. He is also faster than he looks. He had a real tough assignment guarding PSAC Jesus yesterday. Kromka is very skilled, strong and fast. If you breath in his direction you also get a foul called and he can charge you all day without getting called. He really gets star treatment - especially up there.

I thought they should have collapsed on him more in the low post. I know the fear with UPJ is their inside-out game (which worked very well in the first half). But, typically JPK doesn't kick it back out. He's going to the hole.

Health-wise, Ethan still isn't 100 percent but he's way stronger than he was a month ago.

Regardless, that was a huge win yesterday. UPJ is very strong in the half-court. They stormed out to an 18-9 lead after IUP missed several bunnies early, and that building was rocking. I thought when IUP cut it to four at half they were going to win. UPJ isn't going to lose many games in the West. That was a good SOS win.

The end of the court IUP shot at in the first half is awkward. Fans stand above the hoop, etc. I knew they'd shoot much better in the second half. It's a similar effect as the KCAC. Visiting teams all shoot well in the first half at the scoreboard end but then shoot terrible in the second half in to the horseshoe.

​​
      Are you able to elaborate on his health? It seems as though for almost two years now, he's either been ill or injured, but not once has anyone ever given anything. I thought there was a rumor he had mono last year, but I don't know if that was true or not. If that was the case, there's no way he's still dealing with the effects of that. Or are there two separate things he's dealt with in consecutive years.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Are you able to elaborate on his health? It seems as though for almost two years now, he's either been ill or injured, but not once has anyone ever given anything. I thought there was a rumor he had mono last year, but I don't know if that was true or not. If that was the case, there's no way he's still dealing with the effects of that. Or are there two separate things he's dealt with in consecutive years.
        It's been well-documented this year (you obviously missed it). He had surgery in the fall to remove a tumor from his throat. He played through much of the recovery but was obviously pretty weak in the immediate aftermath. I think Joe's been slowly building his conditioning back up and he played all 40 minutes on Saturday. He's looked tremendously better, physically, the past few games.

Comment

It's been well-documented this year (you obviously missed it). He had surgery in the fall to remove a tumor from his throat.
          Wow - yeah, I definitely missed that one in the news circles and on the boards.

Comment

• Joe will be a guest on Pittsburgh's 93.7 The Fan this morning in the 9 a.m. hour.

Comment

Joe will be a guest on Pittsburgh's 93.7 The Fan this morning in the 9 a.m. hour.
              The F-in B team.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The F-in B team.
                I get stuck with said B-Team every day. They are up to (4) dudes on-air at the same time. It's a bit much.

Double M says it takes 4 dudes to do what he does by himself -- and he still does it much better.

Comment

I get stuck with said B-Team every day. They are up to (4) dudes on-air at the same time. It's a bit much.

Double M says it takes 4 dudes to do what he does by himself -- and he still does it much better.
                  He said that numerous times on yesterdays show. Funny thing, he's right!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The F-in B team.
                    It may be faint praise, but in my opinion, the morning show is by far the best show on that station. I’m at least glad they’re the ones that booked Joe.

Comment

The station should do something else with Adam Crowley. He’s good, but yes, four is a crowd on a radio show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

It may be faint praise, but in my opinion, the morning show is by far the best show on that station. I’m at least glad they’re the ones that booked Joe.
                        I'm actually a big fan of Paul Zeise's show, although I rarely get to listen to it in the evenings. He's so all over the place it's hilarious. Zeise interviewing Joe would be like an SNL skit. Zeise would ask some random question and Joe would give one of his famous 2-minute answers that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual question but would sound really good.

My favorite show, albeit national, is by far Scotty Ferrall. He cracks me up.

Comment

The station should do something else with Adam Crowley. He’s good, but yes, four is a crowd on a radio show.
                          I almost wonder if Crowley is the heir apparent to that time slot. Colin's act is getting old (it's been old). Mack might as well not even be there and I still don't know what Dorin's role actually is.

Comment

I'm actually a big fan of Paul Zeise's show, although I rarely get to listen to it in the evenings. He's so all over the place it's hilarious. Zeise interviewing Joe would be like an SNL skit. Zeise would ask some random question and Joe would give one of his famous 2-minute answers that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual question but would sound really good.

My favorite show, albeit national, is by far Scotty Ferrall. He cracks me up.
                            Zeise is entertaining. He has the worst time slot because he’s always getting preempted by games. His gruff, unpolished style would work really well on a late night/overnight show.

Comment

I almost wonder if Crowley is the heir apparent to that time slot. Colin's act is getting old (it's been old). Mack might as well not even be there and I still don't know what Dorin's role actually is.
                              Very possible. I also think he could go back to The X and take over when Madden retires. MM would sign off on that I’m sure.

Comment

Very possible. I also think he could go back to The X and take over when Madden retires. MM would sign off on that I’m sure.
                                No actually, Madden has actually taken shots at Crowley since he went to the B-Team. Tim Benz seems to be the guys that always fills in for Madden but Benz is a straight shooter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X