Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

WCU up 40-34 at half. IUP threw away big lead. Completely lost defensively. Overwhelmed under basket. WCU shooting a dreadful 28% and up 6 at half.

Joe better blow a gasket.

Comment

Defensively, they look horrendous!!!

Comment

The 'bigIndian' is retiring. Today was the last straw. I can't emotionally invest in this team anymore. I'm not interested in seeing wins against bums and blowout losses against every good team they play.

That's what this team is .... catch you all next year or on the football side.

I've finally seen enough from the past three years. Recruiting has tanked. It's not worth the time or heartache anymore. Your most glaring weakness is the player you redshirt. It's become a fraud.

Somebody can take over the pick ' em. This is one furious program booster.

Comment

It could be worse just ask Pitt Johnstown. They lost to Cheney.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              The 'bigIndian' is retiring. Today was the last straw. I can't emotionally invest in this team anymore. I'm not interested in seeing wins against bums and blowout losses against every good team they play.

That's what this team is .... catch you all next year or on the football side.

I've finally seen enough from the past three years. Recruiting has tanked. It's not worth the time or heartache anymore. Your most glaring weakness is the player you redshirt. It's become a fraud.

Somebody can take over the pick ' em. This is one furious program booster.
              Don't give up the ship!

Comment

Teams IUP lost to have a combined record of 27-2 with one of the two was Findlay losing to ferris st. Not a time to panic.

Comment

IUP men were so bad yesterday that they are off the air today. WTH!!!

Comment

My middle daughter convinced me to enjoy the football season and have patience with basketball. She's 7 years old.

That said, Saturday was probably the worst 35 minutes of basketball I've ever seen at IUP. Joe's first team was bad but that was expected.

Some notes on yesterday:

* Blowout win at Cheyney
                    * Ayron Hutton hit 7 treys (school record is 8)
                    * Dante didn't play due to his knee injury

The big news, however, came after the game on the radio show. Joe hinted that Dante could possibly be done for the season. He said they are right at the cut-off for him applying for a medical red-shirt and if he played yesterday he'd have went over the limit. He aggravated the knee again late Saturday. In reading between the lines I think they are going to shut him down.

He's obviously not been anywhere near even 80 percent. There comes the point when him playing hurt is likely hurting the team more than helping.

So, what does that mean?

The starting five becomes Ayron Hutton, Malik Miller, Anthony Glover (PG), Cobo and Willem. Blake and Vaughns become the first two (only two) off the bench. Defensively, it will be a better starting five. You obviously lose the deep threat Dante provides.

The question becomes you obviously can't play the next 25 games with 7 players. Your two point guards, Armoni Foster and Dante, would be lost for the season. Do they now burn Keyes' redshirt or add a free agent?

If you burn the Keyes redshirt you move Blake to almost a shooting guard role and put Keyes in the post rotation? You'd hate to burn it 10 games in but it gives a significant defensive low-post upgrade. In particular, Willem has some Daddy Ugbede in him and is a foul machine. Cobo, per Joe, is still nowhere near 100 percent.

If anything ... it's going to be an interesting season.

Comment

I have nothing to add. It was just sad to see this thread so far down the threads page.

Comment

Tune in to the Wheeling vs Fairmont game tonight. It should be worth the watch.

Comment

We'll get a better idea of the direction of this season coming up. If Daunte doesn't play then... yikes!!! Can Malik and Glover pick up those duties more regularly? Can Malik stay out of foul trouble? Can Anthony White play? Is there an off roster addition looming? TBC

Comment

Watched the Fairmont game. Jason Jolley went crazy. He'll be a disaster (again) for IUP to defend.

It will be interesting how the game is called in the KCAC. If it's called tight, IUP can stay in it. If it's a run and gun, IUP will be blown out.

Joe's best bet is to play at Gannon pace against Fairmont. There's zero chance to beat them playing that fast pace. IUP doesn't have that speed.

Fairmont isn't as good as last year but they are still very good. They lost a key post player for the season. They don't press near as much as last season under Calhoun.

Jolley will get 30 at IUP. The key will be defending the others. I mentioned on the other thread the MEC refs just let them play. It was refreshing to watch. The PSAC crews call EVERYTHING. Recall Fairmont's whole team got in foul trouble up here last year but they still escaped in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Watched the Fairmont game. Jason Jolley went crazy. He'll be a disaster (again) for IUP to defend.

It will be interesting how the game is called in the KCAC. If it's called tight, IUP can stay in it. If it's a run and gun, IUP will be blown out.

Joe's best bet is to play at Gannon pace against Fairmont. There's zero chance to beat them playing that fast pace. IUP doesn't have that speed.

Fairmont isn't as good as last year but they are still very good. They lost a key post player for the season. They don't press near as much as last season under Calhoun.

Jolley will get 30 at IUP. The key will be defending the others. I mentioned on the other thread the MEC refs just let them play. It was refreshing to watch. The PSAC crews call EVERYTHING. Recall Fairmont's whole team got in foul trouble up here last year but they still escaped in OT.
                              Jolley is a talent, but from where I sit, it almost doesn't matter how the defense is on him...he takes ill-advised shots (makes them) and takes wide open ones (misses more than should)... tough match up, but shot selection very questionable... In fact last year, he shot 37% from field...135-360.

I think they lost two really good ones from last year's team...Bingaya-D1 transfer, I think MEC POY...and Wimbush--who I thought was their key last year... And glue guy, PG Shammgod Wells

Was surprised at Fairmont's win over WJ, from looking at comparative scores...

WL has Fairmont Saturday...

Fairmont dodges no one...Tough a$$ schedule

Comment

Yep .. he had 31 last night. If he made his easy shots ... probably 45.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X