Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAIL TO THE INDIANS!! GO IUP!!

DIXON TROPHY! We won Foosball and Basketball!

Comment

• I thought the right two teams made the final, and they showed it with a great final. Congrats to IUP.

Comment

• Meat grinder!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
          I thought the right two teams made the final, and they showed it with a great final. Congrats to IUP.

Just got back from it. Nice defensive battle, and I thought one of the better-officiated PSAC games I've seen this year. Yeah, they missed a call here and there, but mostly just let 'em play so the teams decided the outcome. And they were consistent with it in the second half, which has been unusual this season. I think IUP and Mercyhurst will represent the conference well. Porterfield was a load and one of the keys for IUP. They'd be unreal if he was working on two good legs.

Comment

• An amazing run ... Four in a row is an incredible achievement.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              An amazing run ... Four in a row is an incredible achievement.
              Has that ever been done before by anyone else in the conference?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Has that ever been done before by anyone else in the conference?
                Cheyney won it 5 straight times from 1976-1980.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Cheyney won it 5 straight times from 1976-1980.
                  Incredibly difficult. The odds of winning 4 or 5 in a row have to be astronomical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I think ESU fully believed they could win that game. IUP to its credit did find a way, and Porterfield's three-point bank shot at the end didn't hurt, either. Even Lombardi admitted that was a little fortunate. It turned out to be a good game, although sloppy at times. IUP is a great team and has obviously dominated the PSAC, but they've been playing with fire a little recently. They'll need to get their offense more in flow for the regional and beyond.
                    Celebrate tonight for sure ... But they have some house cleaning to do this week. They had several ... and I mean, several, chances to bust that game open today and failed to do it.

They got it to 7 at least 4-5 times in the second half with the ball and chance to extend it and couldn't -- several due to self-inflicted mistakes. They had some really ugly turnovers today - most ended with Lang draining a wide-open trey on the other end.

I haven't looked at the box yet but I don't think IUP scored in the final 4 minutes of the game.

Defensively they put on a show. Holding that team to 53 is incredible.

Incredible weekend. They went 2-0. Agreed on the flow comment.

Comment

Celebrate tonight for sure ... But they have some house cleaning to do this week. They had several ... and I mean, several, chances to bust that game open today and failed to do it.

They got it to 7 at least 4-5 times in the second half with the ball and chance to extend it and couldn't -- several due to self-inflicted mistakes. They had some really ugly turnovers today - most ended with Lang draining a wide-open trey on the other end.

I haven't looked at the box yet but I don't think IUP scored in the final 4 minutes of the game.

Defensively they put on a show. Holding that team to 53 is incredible.

Incredible weekend. They went 2-0. Agreed on the flow comment.
                      Final 5 minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Final 5 minutes
                        Yikes. It felt like an eternity in the stands.

Without seeing replays, how did Lang get so wide open so many times? He's a cocky dude.

Comment

• Really, he got open a couple times on offensive boards and a couple were transition odd man breaks. To me they got the bounces the final 5 minutes without going back a watching again which I might do tomorrow. Lol

Comment

Without seeing replays, how did Lang get so wide open so many times? He's a cocky dude.
                            Lang is a cocky dude but I’ve gained respect for him because he backs it up. He doesn’t look the part, but he is a sharpshooter. Every one of his threes were at critical moments and he drained them all.

We got the slugfest we expected, but no doubt IUP could have put it out of reach earlier. It seemed like every time they had a chance to go out 9-10, they threw it away or took a poor shot. In a game like this you take the win no matter how it comes. I think there’s a very real possibility these two teams are playing in the final of the regional. Both teams play incredible defense. There are very few open looks. If you like defensive basketball, that was a dream game. I’d love to see Round 4!

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Lang is a cocky dude but I’ve gained respect for him because he backs it up. He doesn’t look the part, but he is a sharpshooter. Every one of his threes were at critical moments and he drained them all.

We got the slugfest we expected, but no doubt IUP could have put it out of reach earlier. It seemed like every time they had a chance to go out 9-10, they threw it away or took a poor shot. In a game like this you take the win no matter how it comes. I think there’s a very real possibility these two teams are playing in the final of the regional. Both teams play incredible defense. There are very few open looks. If you like defensive basketball, that was a dream game. I’d love to see Round 4!
                              I'll pass on Round 4 lol. Three times was enough.

They were literally calling out each others plays and sets today.

Comment

I was working so I couldn't watch live but I just skimmed through the archived video and yeah...there had to be a ton of butt clenching those final 4-5 minutes and the last shot was close....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X