Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Was there ever a reason given for moving Dallis to 6th man that i missed? Is it related to his knee? Not that it matters much because he still plays a lot, but I’ve been wondering about it.
    They made the move initially because of that but also like Stewart at the PG (gives David more flexibility). My guess is it was an attempt by Joe to get Morris involved faster.

Stewart played really well over the weekend.

To be honest I'd rather seem them go four guards when TS or EP needs a breather. Many people have suggested it.

Play Ethan or Tomiwa along with Shawndale, Davis, Stewart and Dillard. Lose a big body but that's a lot of zip.

Some of Joe's other 'time eating' lineups just don't work. At all.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They made the move initially because of that but also like Stewart at the PG (gives David more flexibility). My guess is it was an attempt by Joe to get Morris involved faster.

Stewart played really well over the weekend.

To be honest I'd rather seem them go four guards when TS or EP needs a breather. Many people have suggested it.

Play Ethan or Tomiwa along with Shawndale, Davis, Stewart and Dillard. Lose a big body but that's a lot of zip.

Some of Joe's other 'time eating' lineups just don't work. At all.
      Maybe we'll see that a little tonight. You said that IUP can't play fast and score alot, but I'm not sure that's true - they just haven't. Its not like west lib will be running a 2-3 zone . Slashers like Shawndale and David can have alot of success, --if they make their lay ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Maybe we'll see that a little tonight. You said that IUP can't play fast and score alot, but I'm not sure that's true - they just haven't. Its not like west lib will be running a 2-3 zone . Slashers like Shawndale and David can have alot of success, --if they make their lay ups.
        I agree with this. The jump shooting troubles have been exacerbated lately by the fact they played a couple PSAC teams that could really defend and a couple CIAA teams that want to bludgeon you for 40 minutes. Joe chooses to play these teams at their own games because that’s the game he prefers. In a more free flowing game like tonight should be I expect them to score more easily and exploit the advantages they have. And then when that opens up the outside shot, hopefully they can knock down a decent percentage.

Comment

I agree with this. The jump shooting troubles have been exacerbated lately by the fact they played a couple PSAC teams that could really defend and a couple CIAA teams that want to bludgeon you for 40 minutes. Joe chooses to play these teams at their own games because that’s the game he prefers. In a more free flowing game like tonight should be I expect them to score more easily and exploit the advantages they have. And then when that opens up the outside shot, hopefully they can knock down a decent percentage.
          You can’t change who you are now. IUP is not a run and gun team, and hasn’t been all season. Playing into that will put a quick end to their run. IUP will play IUP basketball, and WL will play WL basketball. It’s an astonishing clash of contrasting styles, which makes games like this so interesting.

My opinion is IUP has to hold WL under 80 or they won’t win. They can win a 77-73 game, but an 85-83 type game is way less likely. IUP did score mid 80’s vs Cal not all that long ago, but that’s the only recent example.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

You can’t change who you are now. IUP is not a run and gun team, and hasn’t been all season. Playing into that will put a quick end to their run. IUP will play IUP basketball, and WL will play WL basketball. It’s an astonishing clash of contrasting styles, which makes games like this so interesting.

My opinion is IUP has to hold WL under 80 or they won’t win. They can win a 77-73 game, but an 85-83 type game is way less likely. IUP did score mid 80’s vs Cal not all that long ago, but that’s the only recent example.
            I think one thing in IUP's favor is that their experience and depth at guard makes them hard to press. There was a reason East Stroud decided not to push temp against IUP when they met in the PSAC semis.

Comment

• Well sitting here in the parking lot waiting for the gates to open. Co-op store was closed so I couldn't get my official IUP gear hope that doesn't jinx us. 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Indians View Post
                Well sitting here in the parking lot waiting for the gates to open. Co-op store was closed so I couldn't get my official IUP gear hope that doesn't jinx us. 😁
                They were selling shirt in the lobby earlier in the day. They may still be.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

They were selling shirt in the lobby earlier in the day. They may still be.
                  No one here now maybe upstairs when they open the gate

Comment

• Got it
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Maybe it’s where I’m sitting but the ref by the screen is calling them a lot tighter than the ref in the horseshoe .

Comment

• The refs rotate. They just don’t want to call anything in the paint. Butler hacked Tomiwa twice and no call and the neck choke rebound.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                          Maybe it’s where I’m sitting but the ref by the screen is calling them a lot tighter than the ref in the horseshoe .
                          IUP needs to take better shots on offense to be clear, but that’s partly how the game got out of hand for Mercyhurst. The less that got called on West Liberty, the more handsy they got with their press and under the basket.

IUP needs to play better to come back in this game, but things not getting called impacted Mercyhurst as West Lib pulled away. Just a comment to your observation.

Comment

• It’s over. IUP just doesn’t have it offensively. Butler is by far the best player on the floor. I know you don’t want to run up and down with WL but, call me crazy, this pace is TOO slow. It’s lethargic, there’s no emotion.

Comment

It’s over. IUP just doesn’t have it offensively. Butler is by far the best player on the floor. I know you don’t want to run up and down with WL but, call me crazy, this pace is TOO slow. It’s lethargic, there’s no emotion.
                              I guess Teams from West Virginia in regional finals at IUP are our kryptonite.

Comment

It’s over. IUP just doesn’t have it offensively. Butler is by far the best player on the floor. I know you don’t want to run up and down with WL but, call me crazy, this pace is TOO slow. It’s lethargic, there’s no emotion.
                                IUP handled the press horribly tonight. Has nothing to do “scheme” or “effort” or “chaos” or whatever the word the WL posters like to use. They just handled it horribly. Could barely inbound the ball. Dribbled into traps. Looked unorganized.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X