Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

100% agree on Willem, very good human too.
    If I recall, didn't Willem have a ton of other things that impacted him? I can't remember how many years he was on the team, but I felt like every season he had some things that limited his availability (I could be confusing him with somebody else). I thought he had a ton of injury troubles. I think he got an illness (maybe?) at some point. Then he had a period where it was reported that he was homesick and took some personal time away. I think he had a death in his immediate family at one point too that caused him to miss some time as well. I could be thinking of other players and thinking it was all Willem though. Not sure.

I remember at the time he was such a polarizing guy. Lots of people on this board were pretty upset at the hype surrounding him compared to his usage (mostly due to Joe), as well as his health and availability.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

If I recall, didn't Willem have a ton of other things that impacted him? I can't remember how many years he was on the team, but I felt like every season he had some things that limited his availability (I could be confusing him with somebody else). I thought he had a ton of injury troubles. I think he got an illness (maybe?) at some point. Then he had a period where it was reported that he was homesick and took some personal time away. I think he had a death in his immediate family at one point too that caused him to miss some time as well. I could be thinking of other players and thinking it was all Willem though. Not sure.

I remember at the time he was such a polarizing guy. Lots of people on this board were pretty upset at the hype surrounding him compared to his usage (mostly due to Joe), as well as his health and availability.

Willem played here two years.

His first year he started 29 of 30 games. He second year he started all 33 games.

If I recall he didn't start his senior night game so Marko Krivacevic could start.

Comment

• Some interesting names with PSAC / Atlantic Region ties still available. One could make a hell of a team from this list. Bolded names could be of some interest to IUP (so I hear) -- at least at some time.

-
        NAME POSTION PREVIOUS NOTES
        Pipeloluwa Ajayi PF Mercyhurst Likely D1
        Babatunde Ajike PF Cal -> FL Southern
        Idris Ali PG Mansfield
        Vidan Dronjak SF West Liberty
        Ahmad Galimore SF Slippery Rock
        Khalid Gates SF Slippery Rock
        Jordan Gibson SG Shepherd
        Przemyslaw Golek SG Fairmont State
        Drew Green SG Seton Hill Steady both ends
        Andrew Seager SF Mercyhurst -> Rowan Sleeper
        Gerald Jarmon PG Clarion Can light it up
        Michael Joiner SG Seton Hill
        Kyle McGee SG West Chester Checks all the boxes
        Demetrius Mims SF Gannon
        Fray Nguimbi PF Clarion Nasty defender
        Kyle Polce SG IUP
        Ryan Reasbeck SG Wheeling Big-time shooter
        Mekhi Reynolds SG Clarion
        Michael Sampson SF West Liberty
        Madior Seye C Clarion
        Austin Webb SG West Liberty
        Kyle Whippen PF Kutztown

Comment

• 2023-24 crossover schedule:

@ Shippensburg 12-1 (Friday)
          @ Lock Haven 12-2 (Saturday)

Mansfield 12-18
          Bloomsburg 12-19

@ East Stroudsburg 12-30 (never a good time to go there but Dec. 30 is a whole lot better than when students are on campus)

Shepherd 1-3

Non-conference: Walsh will visit the KCAC in November. That's the only confirmed game I'm aware of at this point.

This would probably be the year to schedule a couple cupcakes to kick off the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            2023-24 crossover schedule:

Mansfield 12-18
            Bloomsburg 12-19

@ East Stroudsburg 12-30 (never a good time to go there but Dec. 30 is a whole lot better than when students are on campus)

Shepherd 1-3

Non-conference: Walsh will visit the KCAC in November. That's the only confirmed game I'm aware of at this point.

This would probably be the year to schedule a couple cupcakes to kick off the season.
            Although IUP might not be the team of last year, it's probably not an ideal year for a completely rebuilding Ship team to hit IUP as its first PSAC opponent.

Comment

Mansfield 12-18
              Bloomsburg 12-19

Shepherd 1-3

I've been told Joe don't schedule cupcakes! How will they be prepared for a deep tourney run if they schedule cupcakes in November??

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I've been told Joe don't schedule cupcakes! How will they be prepared for a deep tourney run if they schedule cupcakes in November??
                They better. About half his upcoming roster isn't signed yet.

Comment

They better. About half his upcoming roster isn't signed yet.
                  If you are stocking your team with portal players vice HS'ers, isn't that more an attempt to reload vs rebuild? Portal players should come in ready to rock and roll from day one...just point them at the court and FIRE!!

Comment

Mansfield 12-18
                    Bloomsburg 12-19

Shepherd 1-3

Taking another look at that schedule, Ship, Lock Haven, Mansfield and Bloom all have taken very significant hits due to graduation or the portal. East Stroud might be your only challenging game in December, depending on whether the aforementioned four schools can come up with something significant in the transfer portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Although IUP might not be the team of last year, it's probably not an ideal year for a completely rebuilding Ship team to hit IUP as its first PSAC opponent.
                      Hard to say. Joe has enough right now to be solid. A couple more pieces and he could be dangerous. It's going to be a lot of new faces, which obviously takes some time to gel.

If he goes the high school route, his reign is over. Cal will hammer them next year. If he adds 2-3 more ready-to-roll, Day 1 players, he may be able to match up with them.

Comment

Hard to say. Joe has enough right now to be solid. A couple more pieces and he could be dangerous. It's going to be a lot of new faces, which obviously takes some time to gel.

If he goes the high school route, his reign is over. Cal will hammer them next year. If he adds 2-3 more ready-to-roll, Day 1 players, he may be able to match up with them.
                        Well, Ship has nobody near the status of a Porterfield returning. They're going to need a big leap forward from frosh and sophomore players such as Trey Martin, Denzel Figueroa, Andrew Recchia, Satchel Ball, and Ty Crespo, but their ability to be at all competitive will hinge on whether Chris Fite can bring in any experienced height. The tallest player returning from last season is 6-4.

Comment

• Former West Chester guard Kyle McGee has signed with Sacred Heart (NEC).

He's the third IUP target to sign with a D1 program.

Comment

Former West Chester guard Kyle McGee has signed with Sacred Heart (NEC).

Guess he wanted to go play at a dump just to say he "played" D1.

Comment

Former West Chester guard Kyle McGee has signed with Sacred Heart (NEC).

Interesting. McGee really didn't have a breakout game against Ship last season — only six in the first meeting and 12 in the second. I'll be interested in seeing how he fares at a D1 program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Interesting. McGee really didn't have a breakout game against Ship last season — only six in the first meeting and 12 in the second. I'll be interested in seeing how he fares at a D1 program.
                                It's really changed. These guys (like McGee) that are probably seen as fringe players to move up but huge D2-to-D2 targets ... are all finding homes up a level. When this all started a couple years ago it seemed like the vast majority of those moving up from D2 to D1 were post players. Now, we're losing a ton of guards, too.

I would say the 'panic button' is starting to go off inside the KCAC. Joe used to land transfer targets with relative ease. If the 'grapevine' is accurate this off-season, it sounds like he's batting about .100

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X