Garvin Clarke *
    Anthony Watson *

Forwards

Ethan Porterfield
    Gabriel Romero-Sanz *
    Damir Brooks
    Dolan Waldo

Unknown

KJ Rhodes (just graduated ... may not be staying)

Notes:

Expect another transfer guard to sign - possibly today. This is a player they went after very hard. They are also likely going to announce the signing of another power forward by the end of the week. From there, I'd suspect one more transfer guard and that should about max out the salary cap. The deep bench will then be filled in with some walk-ons.

Of the three signed recruits thus far, Clarke and Romero-Sanz are Day 1 starters. Watson will likely spend '23-'24 as the backup PG.
    After a few years of seeing largely familiar lineups for many of the PSAC teams (extra Covid years, pre-transfer portal recruits, etc.), you really are going to need the program to know the personnel in the upcoming season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

After a few years of seeing largely familiar lineups for many of the PSAC teams (extra Covid years, pre-transfer portal recruits, etc.), you really are going to need the program to know the personnel in the upcoming season.
      Hopefully these guys who have stayed in these programs for 6-7 years (or, some combination of programs) are at least leaving with a four-year degree.

I saw Fite signed the latest Sleva (this one is a guard).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Hopefully these guys who have stayed in these programs for 6-7 years (or, some combination of programs) are at least leaving with a four-year degree.

Goodness, how many are there?

Comment

• IUP has signed SG Denzel Kabasele (6'4", 185 lbs) from Miles Community College (JUCO).

He played 37 mpg as a sophomore this past season and shot 43.7 percent from outside while averaging 14.8 ppg. He also had 130 rebounds from the guard position. Big, physical guard.

Miles CC is in Montana. Kabasele is from Lancaster, Pa. It appears, among others, IUP beat out Millersville and West Chester for his services. He will have two years in Indiana.

Comment

• Guards

Dallis Dillard
            Jaylen Stewart
            Garvin Clarke *
            Denzel Kabasele *
            Anthony Watson *

Forwards

Ethan Porterfield
            Gabriel Romero-Sanz *
            Damir Brooks
            Dolan Waldo

Unknown

KJ Rhodes (just graduated ... may not be staying)

Looking at the salary cap:

My 'guess' is they have (8) equivalencies used -- possibly 8.25. Word is Joe has a full 10 this year.

I know for certain there is one more transfer post player close to signing. He will certainly be a 'full ride' signing. I still think there will be one more guard -- likely a freshman to redshirt (unless needed). That would about max it out for 23-24.

Of course, Joe will add a few walk-ons to round things out.

Comment

IUP has signed SG Denzel Kabasele (6'4", 185 lbs) from Miles Community College (JUCO).

He played 37 mpg as a sophomore this past season and shot 43.7 percent from outside while averaging 14.8 ppg. He also had 130 rebounds from the guard position. Big, physical guard.

Miles CC is in Montana. Kabasele is from Lancaster, Pa. It appears, among others, IUP beat out Millersville and West Chester for his services. He will have two years in Indiana.
              Or one big year and just transfer up.

Sorry, I'm jaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Or one big year and just transfer up.

Sorry, I'm jaded.
                Speaking of that, Tomiwa better be ready to roll. His new team has signed two other D1 small forwards since his signing.

Comment

Hadn't looked at the list recently, so didn't see that one. If he's anywhere near as good as the other two we have a player. Need to get some height, though.

Comment

Speaking of that, Tomiwa better be ready to roll. His new team has signed two other D1 small forwards since his signing.
                    It will be interesting to watch. I’m not so sure he’s not going to regret that decision.

Speaking of forwards, Romero-Sanz looks like he can shoot the three ball. To have two big guys capable of doing that with him and Ethan is going to be a nightmare to defend.

Comment

• In case you aren't ready the other thread, Tomiwa de-committed from Bryant today.

It ain't over yet. He's still on campus. Get him some money. Whatever it takes.

​​​​
                      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 05-19-2023, 03:18 PM.

Comment

In case you aren't ready the other thread, Tomiwa de-committed from Bryant today.

It ain't over yet. He's still on campus. Get him some money. Whatever it takes.

​​​​
                        Very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Very interesting.
                          Bryant signed two D1 transfer SF's this week. Perhaps that irritated him.

Or, he's had a change of heart (hopefully).

Or, he finally visited the Bryant campus and said WTF.

It is certainly an interesting development. I'd have loved to see him in his last two years here (typically most players' best two years).

I still think the odds he rejoins Joe's team are slim. But, there are still at least some actual odds now. You never know. A lot of rosters are filled up by now.

Comment

Bryant signed two D1 transfer SF's this week. Perhaps that irritated him.

Or, he's had a change of heart (hopefully).

Or, he finally visited the Bryant campus and said WTF.

It is certainly an interesting development. I'd have loved to see him in his last two years here (typically most players' best two years).

I still think the odds he rejoins Joe's team are slim. But, there are still at least some actual odds now. You never know. A lot of rosters are filled up by now.
                            Hypothetically, if Tomiwa stays, then how does Waldo/Brooks feel about it? Forwards become a crowded room then.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hypothetically, if Tomiwa stays, then how does Waldo/Brooks feel about it? Forwards become a crowded room then.
                              That's a risk Joe would have to take.

They've both already redshirted.

Comment

That's a risk Joe would have to take.

They've both already redshirted.
                                I'm not as worried about Waldo. He's still a freshman coming off a major injury. He needs development time. Brooks might not see the floor at that point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X