Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They need to rebound the basketball better. Especially down the stretch on the defensive end. The performance on the glass inside the last 2-3 minutes was pitiful. Allowed Mercyhurst to still have a shot with 2nd and 3rd chance points. Atrocious. Take the win and get ready for the zoo up in Butler County on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

I don't understand why the 'junk' defense causes so many problems. Goodness Joe's played against it 30 times now.

They look like lost puppies against Mercyhurst.

Anybody care to explain?

As for the rebounding .... toughen up.

Comment

Alright, time for the live opinion of the game...

First of all, the Hurst defense was relentless. That caused a lot of issues BUT IUP didn't help themselves with a missed dunk, dropped passes, etc.

Glover's shot selection today was terrible but everyone is entitled to a bad game.

Danielek can stay on the bench. Hurst attacked him every time he was on the floor and he backed off every time.

Daunte played a great game.

Malik is the spark plug off the bench that Lombardi always has.

Willem played great other than the missed dunk.

Cobo had a rough game but you could tel that Hurst was keying on him and Glover.

The refs... YIKES! They let them play the first half and then the second half was ticky tackville. About 8 points were taken off the board for IUP due to calling the foul on the floor instead of continuation. BAD!!!

IUP got out of that dump with a win even though it wasn't pretty.

Comment

They aren't losing at Gym Teacher U.

They can have all the cute, liitle whiteouts they want. Rally all the kickball professionals. It won't matter.

KR can't beat Joe on a big stage. That team will self-destruct.

That's the M.O. of the Reynolds era.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            They aren't losing at Gym Teacher U.

They can have all the cute, liitle whiteouts they want. Rally all the kickball professionals. It won't matter.

KR can't beat Joe on a big stage. That team will self-destruct.

That's the M.O. of the Reynolds era.

Comment

Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
              Another IUP loss, is Mercyhurst that good, or IUP that bad?
              Gannon beat Mercy by 29. Gannon is getting better, but they are not 29 points better than a good opponent. I cannot accept the fact that Mercyhurst is that good. As the carnage was unfolding, we were wondering how the Lakers ever won a game. Now they have beaten Cal and IUP in the last 10 days.

Comment

haha .. Tom beat them by 51 two weeks ago ... lost today.

Figure that out.

Comment

Wonder how many more layups IUP could have driven to the basket and just heaved up awful line-drives at the basket? You'd think after the first 10 didn't work ... maybe a different strategy.

Tom is doing his best to p!ss away hosting a regional.

That team is too soft. We said it after watching the Cal game. No killers. That's just an unacceptable loss.
                  Real nice choke job there! Yeah, just pizzing away the right to host the conference and region.

Soft doesn't even begin to describe it! And this program hasn't had any killers since Z, Staci, and Kylie left.

Have fun playing the postseason down at Cal again. Suckers! Just glad that I haven't been drinking their kool-aid for several years now.

-

Comment

The Mercy ladies' turnaround is pretty remarkable.

I don't follow the women's game enough to know the details but they played a zone against Tom yesterday and IUP looked like they had never seen one before.

I've seen Tom enough this year to realize they are a flow team. They're great when they control things. Disrupt that flow and things get ugly. Quickly.

All the normal pretty passing and set shooting turns in to Appleby driving the hoop and throwing up wild shots.

Comment

Joe's next four:

@SRU
                      Gannon
                      UPJ
                      @Gannon

This is a brutal stretch. The forecast looks good for Wednesday. Hopefully 100-200 make the trip to Morrow. It's going to be a fun one.

SRU has averaged about 200 per game. There will be 2,000+ for Joe's visit.

Comment

The Mercy ladies' turnaround is pretty remarkable.

I don't follow the women's game enough to know the details but they played a zone against Tom yesterday and IUP looked like they had never seen one before.

I've seen Tom enough this year to realize they are a flow team. They're great when they control things. Disrupt that flow and things get ugly. Quickly.

All the normal pretty passing and set shooting turns in to Appleby driving the hoop and throwing up wild shots.
                        It's just plain unconscionable to think that you could possibly lose to a team that you completely ran over by 50+ points a mere few weeks before. How does that happen.

You probably hit the nail on the head with your succinct synopsis.

Geez, they have a perfect opportunity here right in front of them to play at home in the postseason. Looks like they need to win out now to avoid throwing it all away after that little episode yesterday.

This program is beyond maddening!

-

Comment

Joe's next four:

@SRU
                          Gannon
                          UPJ
                          @Gannon

This is a brutal stretch. The forecast looks good for Wednesday. Hopefully 100-200 make the trip to Morrow. It's going to be a fun one.

SRU has averaged about 200 per game. There will be 2,000+ for Joe's visit.
                          The next 4 are a gauntlet and will tell the tale of the season and he direction. I'm hoping to make the trip next saturday but I'm probably going to have my own team responsibilities. Looks like the online broadcast will have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            The next 4 are a gauntlet and will tell the tale of the season and he direction. I'm hoping to make the trip next saturday but I'm probably going to have my own team responsibilities. Looks like the online broadcast will have to do.
                            What level of basketball do you coach, if you don't mind my asking?

-

Comment

The Gazette reported today Vaughns didn't play again yesterday due to an ankle injury. He did dress yesterday unlike Wednesday so he's probably not far off.

It said Cobo also had been battling some virus issues and wasn't up to par.

I scanned the box ... Blake played 14 minutes with 0 points and 1 rebound. He has to get going. There's no choice but to keep playing him some minutes.

That was the third buzzer-beater win of the season (Bloom, Boro, Mercy). Under two seconds left ... put it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

This program is beyond maddening!

-
                                Actually the program is pretty solid. Basically 20 plus wins each season plus PSAC and NCAA tournament position. Stinker games like MC happen to most all teams and don't really matter if the team is able to put it all together when it counts. COACH TOM has a winning record against everyone except one team which sucks if that team is a roadblock to ultimate success. Can't say if he'll ever get by that roadblock, but he certainly has the pieces in place to do so. In my view CALU will likely lose at least 2 more games (@IUP, @BORO) so the C'HAWKS have at least 1 more lose to give before talking about losing home court. Settle down.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X