Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Actually the program is pretty solid. Basically 20 plus wins each season plus PSAC and NCAA tournament position. Stinker games like MC happen to most all teams and don't really matter if the team is able to put it all together when it counts. COACH TOM has a winning record against everyone except one team which sucks if that team is a roadblock to ultimate success. Can't say if he'll ever get by that roadblock, but he certainly has the pieces in place to do so. In my view CALU will likely lose at least 2 more games (@IUP, @BORO) so the C'HAWKS have at least 1 more lose to give before talking about losing home court. Settle down.
    Easy for you to say, Cal WBB hosts the conference and region tourneys all the time. And I'm sure that you like the IUP WBB program right where it is----unable to get over the hump against the tough teams. Okay, they won the PSAC last year but you guys had two very quality starters missing.

IUP WBB has not hosted a conference or region since 2008. Even then it tossed away the region top seed by losing in the opening round. This stuff can be hard to take after awhile.

-

Comment

First time I ever cheer for West Liberty and they lose.

That just bulked up Fairmont's resume in a big way.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That has to also help IUP though. Has to bump IUP's SOS or whatever mathematical formula they use.

Comment

It's going to be a tough road just to get in to the regional this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            Easy for you to say, Cal WBB hosts the conference and region tourneys all the time. And I'm sure that you like the IUP WBB program right where it is----unable to get over the hump against the tough teams. Okay, they won the PSAC last year but you guys had two very quality starters missing.

IUP WBB has not hosted a conference or region since 2008. Even then it tossed away the region top seed by losing in the opening round. This stuff can be hard to take after awhile.

-

I think that sums up some of the opinions regarding the women's program. Sure, they win a lot. With their financial resources, facilities and, frankly, talent, ... I think it's very fair to say winning 20 games is expected. Going 2-9 against Cal, however, ... getting pretty old to many people. I hate to say the vibe around the program is 'yeah, they'll do well all year until the stakes are high' ... but, being honest, that's kind of the vibe.

It's the same way Curt Cignetti struggled when the lights got the brightest.

As for the Mercyhurst loss ... upsets happen but that's of historic proportions. I question if that's a PSAC record for largest win in the first meeting and then losing the second.

Comment

• Comment

The Mercyhurst ladies played a tremendous game and had a tremendous plan. They took Megan Smith completely out of the game. As I'm sure they picked up on from the IUP/Cal film, when you do that IUP becomes a totally different and dysfunctional team.

The comments are more based on the frustration of losing a game that may ultimately cost them hosting. And, frankly, different lineup or not you should not lose to a team you beat by 51 two weeks prior.

Nobody is going to be in a hurry to play Mercyhurst in the conference tournament. I can promise that much.

Comment

Knowing the zoo IUP is walking in to Wednesday night .... it would be nice to see a student bus made available.

Comment

Nobody is going to be in a hurry to play Mercyhurst in the conference tournament. I can promise that much.
                    As well as they've played recently, it's unlikely that the LAKERS will make it to the top 6 in the West. With 8 games remaining, and 3 @. CALU, @BORO and @SHU being very tough, their chances of overtaking SRU, GU and MC are slim.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                      As well as they've played recently, it's unlikely that the LAKERS will make it to the top 6 in the West. With 8 games remaining, and 3 @. CALU, @BORO and @SHU being very tough, their chances of overtaking SRU, GU and MC are slim.
                      Gannon has the following
                      @SH
                      @IUP
                      Cal
                      @Boro
                      IUP
                      @Mercyhurst

I think mercyhurst can make up some ground against Gannon as long as they continue to win. After head to head record, beating the top teams break ties so mercyhurst has that edge.

Comment

Agree ... Gannon will be lucky to win one of the next five before the regular season finale at Mercyhurst.

Heck, it would be an accomplishment if GU can stay within double digits in more than one of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                          Agree ... Gannon will be lucky to win one of the next five before the regular season finale at Mercyhurst.

Heck, it would be an accomplishment if GU can stay within double digits in more than one of those games.
                          Hadn't looked at GU schedule. You are correct they may not win another game this year. MC chances are better than I thought.

Comment

• Comment

The last men's spot will also be a tight race.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X