Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I never cared much for that one. I think that was a cover they did of someone else's song. In the mushy Beach Boys love song genre I prefer "Please Let Me Wonder" and "Kiss Me Baby." Well-constructed songs by some kids from Hawthorne circa 1965. Unreal.

Is IUP playing tonite?

I spent the day watching elementary basketball.

-
    Nice! I'm a Beach Boys and Brian Wilson fan myself. I enjoy those plus Let Him Run Wild.

Comment

Party pooper! lol.

I think you're right. That's a cover. Although, they've covered it so long it's basically their song.

Here's one. Best oldie EVER from Pittsburgh ... by a Yinzer band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6o4ivMe14

Comment

Scott English ... best one-hit-wonder EVER ... my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Nice! I'm a Beach Boys and Brian Wilson fan myself. I enjoy those plus Let Him Run Wild.
          Let Him Run Wild is a good one as well. I think those songs were all from the pre-Pet Sounds albums Today and Summer Days (and Summer Nights) in '65. They were great in their own right and then Wilson went and raised the bar that much more for Pet Sounds. No wonder he lost his mind through it all. But what a way to do it.

IUPBigIndians and I saw the Beach Boys at IUP in mid-November. Awesome show. Mike Love and Bruce Johnston were there.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Party pooper! lol.

I think you're right. That's a cover. Although, they've covered it so long it's basically their song.

Here's one. Best oldie EVER from Pittsburgh ... by a Yinzer band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6o4ivMe14
            Wait----isn't this the same Beach Boys song you just gave us a few posts back?

What did Scott English sing? I don't recall the name.

I thought for a minute there you were going to give us some former Rock student Donnie Iris and the Cruisers.

-

Comment

Man .. you're tough.

I may have posted it twice. Scott English sang "High on a Hill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMLiNdn0jpc

... One of my all-time favorites

Comment

Man .. you're tough.

Okay, you got me there. I had never heard of that one at all. A lot of great music made back in those days. Reminded me a bit of The Lettermen for some reason. Try "Graduation Girl" by them. Nice but largely unknown gem.

-

Comment

haha ... I'm 'almost' 40 but an expert of 'oldies' music. I love the 50s and 60s -- by default grew up in a house of it. I've always loved the "doo-wop" era but I have a great interest in the Vietnam era music.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    haha ... I'm 'almost' 40 but an expert of 'oldies' music. I love the 50s and 60s -- by default grew up in a house of it. I've always loved the "doo-wop" era but I have a great interest in the Vietnam era music.

Comment

Yeah, that 60s stuff is pretty hard to beat. I grew up in the 80s and I guess the music was cool enough for that time period....but most of it just doesn't seem to carry through the years very well. Corporate cheese music.

I just heard Zager and Evans "In The Year 2525" this evening. Gotta love that one. I like the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, The Doors and I guess a bunch of stuff from that era. It would have been a great time to be around and young----or at least right up until they drafted you and shipped you off to Vietnam.

-

Comment

Find a way for IUP in to rock history ...

When the Righteous Brothers played Fisher Auditorium in 1999 ... it may have been their last show. Bobby Hatfield died of an O.D. in the days after.

My opinion, it was one of the best musical shows ever at IUP.

Comment

Find a way for IUP in to rock history ...

When the Righteous Brothers played Fisher Auditorium in 1999 ... it may have been their last show. Bobby Hatfield died of an O.D. in the days after.

My opinion, it was one of the best musical shows ever at IUP.
                          But he died in November of 2003. His Unchained Melody would have to be one tough song to sing IMHO.

-

Comment

Man .. you're tough.

That's a great tune. My dad went to North Catholic back in the 60s when it was still all guys. For obvious reasons this song was popular at dances he went to.

Comment

Can we get back to basketball talk... hahaha

Comment

It was the bye. Lol.

Three games in six days starting tomorrow.

Big week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X