X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    One item of note:

Greg Bearer has returned to the roster. CJ Rudisill has been removed.
    What? How?? Why?

Comment

My guess is he's taking a redshirt year. That leaves 12 on the roster (3 true freshman).

CJ would have probably had trouble seeing many minutes this year with Cottrell, Danielak and Cobo underneath.

I still liked him as a 'banger type' off the bench to draw and give some fouls. Who knows ... still two weeks to go. It was a strange move, however, at this late stage.

Comment

My guess is he's taking a redshirt year. That leaves 12 on the roster (3 true freshman).

CJ would have probably had trouble seeing many minutes this year with Cottrell, Danielak and Cobo underneath.

I still liked him as a 'banger type' off the bench to draw and give some fouls. Who knows ... still two weeks to go. It was a strange move, however, at this late stage.
        But I believe redshirts names always stay on the roster as they are still considered a part of the team. My experience has generally been that once a name vanishes from a roster it stays gone. Bearer being a very rare exception. His omission may have even been an oversight as the preseason hoops rosters are being butchered---the IUP WBB roster in particular has had numerous mistakes over the past month (including Alexis Aiken when she was clearly gone, listing "Miranda" Kerr, listing Maura D'Anna as a guard, etc.

Comment

I agree.

The weird thing was CJ was listed on there as of a day or so ago. Bearer obviously was not. Now it's reversed.

I was surprised Bearer wasn't listed. Joe was pretty high on him as a recruit and always spoke highly of him in the paper, etc.

Hopefully this is one of those errors. CJ is certainly good enough to be on the team -- and earned his stripes last year when they really needed a big man.
          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-28-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Scouting report for Syracuse:

Gigantic

Comment

Scouting report for Syracuse:

Gigantic
              Is there a video stream available through Syracuse to watch? I haven't checked yet. Be neat to watch.

Comment

As of now, it appears there will only be live stats. Neither school has put up a link yet, anyway.

I think staying within 30 points in both of these games and getting through them with no injuries would be considered a success. The only one I can remember that got really ugly for the men was up at Michigan State. Other than that they've kept them respectable with Pitt, Maryland, Sienna, etc.

Syracuse is playing Gannon East later in the week (Leymone). But, yes, it would be neat to see Joe attack the vaunted Syracuse zone.

Clarion playing at Kentucky could get a little ugly. Perhaps he won't run it up too bad on his alma mater. I'd like to watch the Rock vs Tennessee game. End of the day, nobody realistically expects much in these games. It's a good experience for the players.

Now, Tom on the other hand ... I'm still trying to figure out why in the world they would agree to play at UCONN (again). There are exhibition beatings and there are exhibition slaughters. Hopefully they are at least getting a nice check.

Comment

Joe's Hilton opens tomorrow mere feet from the KCAC.

It will be interesting were the pregame crowd hangs ... for years The Grapevine has done very well before the games.

Comment

For anybody caring to tune in tonight for the IUP at Syracuse game ...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasket...poff_time.html

Comment

As of now, it appears there will only be live stats. Neither school has put up a link yet, anyway.

I think staying within 30 points in both of these games and getting through them with no injuries would be considered a success. The only one I can remember that got really ugly for the men was up at Michigan State. Other than that they've kept them respectable with Pitt, Maryland, Sienna, etc.

Syracuse is playing Gannon East later in the week (Leymone). But, yes, it would be neat to see Joe attack the vaunted Syracuse zone.

Clarion playing at Kentucky could get a little ugly. Perhaps he won't run it up too bad on his alma mater. I'd like to watch the Rock vs Tennessee game. End of the day, nobody realistically expects much in these games. It's a good experience for the players.

Now, Tom on the other hand ... I'm still trying to figure out why in the world they would agree to play at UCONN (again). There are exhibition beatings and there are exhibition slaughters. Hopefully they are at least getting a nice check.
                      For all his faults, one thing Jamie Dixon could do was carve up the Syracuse zone. Maybe Joe can apply some of what he learned at Pitt. Of course Jamie was attacking it with more comparable athletes. I'm just happy it's basketball season.

Comment

IUP 29 Syracuse 18 nearing 5 mins 1st half

Comment

38-33 Syracuse at half.

Spain not dressed. Malik Miller playing a lot.

Syracuse went to the press and resulted in 18-2 run. Little different than a D2 press.

Comment

UCONN 68 IUP 24 half (women)

Comment

SYR 55 IUP 45 ... 11 left in game

Comment

UCONN 68 IUP 24 half (women)
                                And the reason for playing these games with PUKECONN is what again???

#C'monMan

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X